You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: He Turned Into Light

Real Ghost Stories

He Turned Into Light

 

I met JR - not Ewing - in December 1991 at the Christmas party of the company we both were working for. Since he lived and worked in northern Mexico our interactions were limited to a few times a year in which the employees from the central office in Mexico City and the ones from the satellite provincial offices got together for some special occasion or another.

JR and I had a chance to spend some time together when I went to give a three days course to the personnel of the clinical laboratory in a hospital in the city of La Paz, BCS., and JR stayed to learn the practical part of a new technology.

At the end of the day, we spent the afternoon talking about everything while seated on a bench facing the ocean.

Once the course was over, he went back to the city where he lived and I changed my plane ticket in order to spend the weekend visiting some of the attractions of the city and took a boat tour that included snorkeling and swimming with seals.

It was at this tour where I met a nice Canadian tourist that would become my pen-pal for some time and, eventually, we decided to start a semi-long distance relationship.

When JR heard about my boyfriend he would tease me whenever we got together by saying "Glo, thanks to me you got a boyfriend".

Months later I got engaged and, when JR saw the diamond on my finger he was all-over himself because, thanks to him, "Glo was going to have a husband".

One day in February 1995, someone called the company to let us know that JR had been in a car accident and died at the scene, leaving behind a pregnant wife and a little girl of about two.

Shortly after his death, I began dreaming about JR frequently. Although not always the same dream, he was invariably lurking from behind a half open door or from a next room. I knew that he wanted to tell me something but he couldn't because, within my dream, he was already dead and other times it was me who had died and he was still alive.

These dreams were unnerving and I would wake up tired and upset.

It was the end of April and I decided to talk to JR the next time I dreamt about him and I did it. When I saw him I walked to him and said "JR, I'm very sorry for what has happened to you, but I don't want to see you in my dreams again", and offered my hand to him.

We shook hands and his body began disintegrating before my eyes while radiating a beautiful white light... Brighter and brighter until the only thing left was his outline in the middle of an explosion of thousands of dazzling shards of light.

Little by little my hand became empty and a sense of peace overcame my self and I woke up rested and feeling good.

That was the last time I dreamt about JR.

Over the years, I have wonder if this dream was a visitation or if it was only a way of coping with the shock of his unexpected and untimely death, perhaps I was upset facing the uncertainty of a future one tends to take for granted but that, in reality, is as fragile as the wings of a butterfly.

To be honest, his death made me sad but didn't feel like a loss...it's hard to miss a person that hasn't been part of your daily life. Neither I think he needed of my - permission? - to move on, nor he had a final message to tell me during our last encounter.

I have come to think that, perhaps, JR only wanted to wish me a happy life.

Other hauntings by lady-glow

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lady-glow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
12 months ago (2023-04-03)
Tweed.

I have realised that I got the date wrong... The clowns lingered until some time in the afternoon/early evening of April 2nd, and began, at least for me, at some point in the night of March 31st.

Still, they were around longer than usual.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
12 months ago (2023-04-03)
haha I thought the gag lingered for a bit longer than usual this time didn't realise it went until the 3rd LOL!
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
12 months ago (2023-04-03)
Lovely Lady, I have been in absolute stitches reading these comments. A first I was confused then caught on it was obviously done for April fools day. What a great way to brighten up readers days. I agree, keep them online. Lol.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
12 months ago (2023-04-02)
Okay... It's the third day of April and the clowns haven't gone away... Though I wonder what is going on, I'm having a laugh reading the funny senseless comments on old stories.

It would be great if the site stayed like this for few more days!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-08)
OH...MY...GOSH... REALLY?!?!?

Hoy do you know when Donut is back?

1) OP throws a tantrum.
2) Trollib comes to their aid.
3) OP disappears.
4) New troll/s open account/s only to defend the OP's honour.

How many times have we gone through this story?
Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-09-13)
Hey Glow long time since I was around. Hope your doing well. Sad to hear about your loss all those years ago but if I may throw my 2 cents in here, I think JR was visiting you and waiting on you to be ok before moving on too whatever afterlife there is. It reads as it when you's shook hands he was ready and so were you.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+10
2 years ago (2022-09-11)
BULL S*** ALERT... I don't know how else to call a group of several "new" members opening accounts in the same day, some asking where to read more stories, and some others recommending the same site.
blosomes (10 stories) (62 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-08-09)
I am kind of late for my comments but this made me cry 😭
I remember when my grandfather died my grandmother use to say that she dreamed about grandfather but did not know how to communicate with him even he was right in front of her 🤔
That does not seem to be the matter at all for your case of you Senhora Lady-Glow.

Remember I used to write about encounters with my old house cat, Aurora back in Brazil? Not now a days but years ago, I used to dream of her whenever I feel sad, and you know how house cats can be so touching sometimes as if they know we feel sad and wanted to make us smile? That's what she will do most of the time in my dream.

I am sure you know, a person will just act like the person him/her self in our dreams too. Sir JR might be worried about you right until you told him that you don't need him anymore, he respects you and so he went along. Just my thoughts 😉

Ryujin
GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-03-01)
Sad but true. I don't think I can tell you how many accidents I've seen outside my window. Especially in winter! People drive too way too fast.
GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-01-13)
Thanks so much. After hearing this, it helps me to fear the inevitable a lot less.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-09-10)
Ladyglow,
I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you. JR was taken to soon and unexpectedly.
You both obviously cared greatly for each other and that friendship extended his passing and into your dreams.
I couldn't help but feel sad when he disintegrated leaving your hand empty.
I enjoyed reading this so much that it's in my favourites.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-09-02)
Seems to me that JR thought a lot of you. Perhaps he had a hard time leaving and somehow needed that permission from you to move on. I love how you described his body forming in to a white light and that you felt at peace as he left. He got to say goodbye to you. Such a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it. ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-28)
Feel like I'm spilling my guts here Lady-glow however in the interest of adding some additional information to perhaps confirm the forces of fate. Before I met my wife I was in a relationship where we tried to have children with no success over a 12 month period. My ex ended up marrying a few years later where she had 3 children to another man.

My wife was previously married for 7 years and same deal with her, no children. When we got together she fell pregnant with in 6 months and we had 3 children with in 4 years so yes.

That's why I was so interested in asking you if your new relationship was a big turning point. I do believe our lives are pre planned, not always does it go to plan?... For my wife and I, if one of us had a child with someone else we wouldn't be where we are now I have no doubt.

Regards
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2020-11-28)
aussiedaz.

Wow... Someone or something was working really hard to make the two of you meet each other! This is fascinating.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2020-11-26)
Would my life had been the same if I hadn't gone to work that time to La Paz? I don't know. Perhaps I would had met my now husband seating at my side in an airplane?

I can't let this go Lady-glow without sharing my own sliding door moment with my own wife of 29 years and what seems to be the unknown forces of our universe that bring fate together... Before my wife and I met roughly around 1989, I was pondering on only two date lines that would see me out on the seas for a 7 day Cruise to Fiji and surrounding islands.

These two date lines were concurrent, little did I know at the time my future wife selected the other date of which I was tossing up on taking.

Both of us had been in long term relationships that didn't work out anyway,

I met my wife about 9 months after these two cruises ended funny thing is, both of us have a photo in a frame, same size, shot basically in the same place only just on a different timeline of about 7 days.

So more than likely your gut feeling about the airplane probably would have happened?... I feel about 60 percent confident JR was really letting you know he helped you for a reason coming from a deeper place, he may have had a six sense or something? Anyway, thank you for sharing your story and sharing some insight on your own personal situation. Yes it's not all about love, light and smelling roses, we grow from all the other potions of life that make us human.

Regards Daz
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2020-11-25)
Hello aussiedaz.

"perhaps JR may be a part of your immediate soul group? Or perhaps one of the many cluster groups we work with...
JR may have agreed to help you meet this man"

That is a very interesting point of view, it would explain a deeper connection between us that the one we developed in this life.
Perhaps this was his way to tell me that he cared for the outcome of the adventure I was starting.

"was this new relationship a sizeable turning point in your life?'

You bet! - I left behind not only my family and my friends, but most of the things that defined me at that point in my life. My life as an immigrant has been mostly good, more ups than downs; with many challenges that have been, at the same time, a chance for growing like a person.
Would my life had been the same if I hadn't gone to work that time to La Paz? I don't know. Perhaps I would had met my now husband seating at my side in an airplane.

Regardless if JR had anything to do with the path I followed in life, I think he cared for me more than I realized.

Thanks for reading and commenting on my story.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2020-11-25)
Hi lady-glow,

I may have thought it was just a dream based on your response to Manafon describing it as being "dull and heavy" however the light you saw perhaps lends a clue to it being a little more than meets the inner eye.

I do remember in one of my physical dream sates or what Edgar Cayce refers to as in a "state of super consciousness" I meet with my father of whom I asked a few questions to validate my account (just in case I was having a schizohrenia episode) lol... This dream was crazy in the sense of alertness, visual perception and detail I do believe I was on the other side with him... He actually started our conversation out by saying "you did it son" anyway, at the end of my experience, (with note to memory on the answers my father gave me) there was a bright ball of light that basically chased me out of there.

So yes, I feel there is a little more to it by the way your account ended, who knows perhaps JR may be a part of your immediate soul group? Or perhaps one of the many cluster groups we work with according to the work of Michael Newton (journey of the souls).

JR may have agreed to help you meet this man you are now married to I'd assume? And then perhaps JR decided to check out via the next exit point from the earth matrix, out of curiosity was this new relationship a sizeable turning point in your life? Family, change of location etc? If you don't mind me asking.

Regards Daz
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
lady-glow - Conjoined twins perhaps in the mind but not in reality 🙄 Take from that what you will.

I can't understand how people actually believe the load of crap that this person spouts forth. I usually swear in my mind and not in the written word. Having done so now shows how strongly I feel about this nonsense.

Expect a down vote (I've given you a plus) and I'm expecting about five downs - fine with me.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
Melda.

I hope you don't mind that I have moved my reply to this thread.

I think there are too many holes in those stories. I even wonder if the author/s do/es it on purpose so they can improvise whatever is convenient in case of scrutiny.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

On the bright side, we may have had the privilege of interacting with the only set of conjoined cousins to have lived in the history of humankind... Imagine that!

Best regards.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-01)
MrsRamsay.

Perhaps sister's D stern attitude was her way of guarding a very sensitive hearth and the result of training and professionalism, even if not evident, the situation your family was going through touched her deeply. It's possible that her presence in your dream was the last thought she had about your family before passing away.

You are right, I meant to say "fuzzy"...my wrong.

Thanks for reading my story and for your interesting input.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-28)
By the way, when you mentioned details that were "fussy" (fuzzy?)... That's the way I describe things in my life that happen that are of a spiritual nature. I have decided, based on nothing scientific what so ever, that dreams or waking incidents or just the act of putting two and two together, connecting dots about the spiritual world and its effect on our lives are by their nature fuzzy. Someone once told me that it says in the Bible that the world beyond the veil is not supposed to be of our focus, that we're to focus on LIFE, and I just wonder if that's why the fuzziness surrounding some of these incidents or if it's just us getting older. Anyway, I started keeping a journal and a photograph file for when this kind of stuff pops up.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-28)
Your story struck a cord with me, LG.
My late husband spent the last 3-4 months of his life at a Catholic nun-run hospice. He had brain cancer and we just could not take care of him at home any more, we had two young kids, toddlers, and his situation had become pretty bad. There were nuns assigned to their patients, and his nun was Sister Depores, I suppose not her real name, but her nun name (I'm Methodist, so don't quite get all that). Anyway, Sister D. Was older and stern, and a complete professional when it came to his care. I spent almost every day with him and got to know her just peripherally, and am certain we were discussed by her and all the nuns as we were 32 years old, a younger family going through a lot. She ministered to my husband though, not me, so was distant. As he got closer to death, she presented my two little ones with Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls that she had sewed, homemade, beautiful and truly a wonderful gesture. The kids loved them and they've been special to us for over two decades, a reminder of Sister D. And her special care.

One night over a decade ago, I had a dream that I had come out of a classroom in my old middle school and standing there by the lockers was Sister D. She didn't talk to me, I didn't see the details of her face, just knew it was her. It was really vivid and I have no idea why I dreamed of her after something like 12 years.

I pondered it and wondered if she had passed away, and if so, why would I dream about her? This seems similar to your situation. I cannot say for sure (this is the part I hesitate to write) but think I called the hospice after that dream to find out about her. It's very fuzzy, and I'm not sure why, but was I told she had passed on? I don't remember if I had THOUGHT about calling, or I actually did call... Life was very busy back then). It's a mystery, but maybe it has something to do with... When someone in life touches your soul and makes an impression.? Thanks for the story, I enjoyed it. Mrs. R.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-24)
Lealeigh & Valkricry.

Sharing my experience and reading all the comments, made me remember and ponder about some details that got fussy after all these years.

To begin with, I should explain what made JR say that he had helped me finding a husband:

As I have mentioned, the company's central office was located in Mexico City, they sold clinical analyzers. There was a tech team that included several engineers in charge of installing and servicing the products; and a group of biochemists that would provide training to the customers at their own workplace. I was part of the latter.
The satellite offices were ran by a small team of engineers, when necessary, they would request the help of one of the biochemists, which meant this position involved traveling frequently.
So, he needed help one day and I was sent to help him.

"Did the two of you talk about your beliefs in the afterlife?"

Not really, but he mentioned a previous marriage that ended badly (his ex tried to stab him while he was asleep).

In retrospective, I imagine he might have felt a bit "responsible" for me meeting the man that would become my husband, perhaps he considered that I was marrying too soon and was trying to protect or prevent me from taking such an important step in my life without knowing enough of the person for whom I was ready to leave everything behind.

If such was the case, I hope that wherever he is, he is aware that the last 25 years of my life have been good.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+7
3 years ago (2020-10-23)
Lady-glow, how bitter sweet! This particular comment of yours; "
To be honest, I think we didn't have the time to develop a real friendship," grabbed my attention. Friendship status, like love isn't always equal. It's feasible he felt much closer to you then you to he. There's really no 'time limit' to it. Perhaps he really did love you, but not in the romantic sense.
That light sounds incredible.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+9
3 years ago (2020-10-22)
Hi Lady-glow,

I enjoyed reading this. What happened to JR is sad but this didn't leave me feeling sad because he went gracefully into the light.

You have said that you weren't close enough as friends to warrant a visitation after he was killed; but you said this:

"At the end of the day, we spent the afternoon talking about everything while seated on a bench facing the ocean."

Did the two of you talk about your beliefs in the afterlife? If you did, maybe he was just trying to confirm your beliefs by visiting you.

My dad and I have talked many times about death to the point that I am sure that, whichever one of us dies first, one of us will visit the other.

- Maria

Also:

My paternal grandmother's first two names are Maria Gloria. I was named after her.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2020-10-22)
lady-glow - Perhaps JR did visit his wife in her dreams which might have distressed her deeply. Your reaction then might caused him to realise that it was time to move on. I hope this happened and that his soul is now at peace and where it belongs.

Well met G-L-O-R-I-A! I thought this might be your name. My godmother had the same name and was also often called Glo, except by my mother who always called people by their full name.

Look after yourself LG...

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-21)
Hello Tweed.

"Sometimes acquaintances can have a profound role in our lives without us realising it"

I suppose not all friendships/relationships are always equally balanced, perhaps the short and infrequent time JR and I spend together were enough for him to know me deeply but I didn't registered much about him. I guess his reasons for contacting me will always be a mystery.

Thanks for reading and commenting on my story.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-21)
Hi Miandra.

JR being in love with me is an interesting perspective though, in my opinion, not a likely one. In the first place, he was married and his family was very important to him, secondly, our personalities were too different to be compatible beyond casual interaction.
But I agree with you, I'm sure he was happy for me and because he "helped me to find a husband".

Best regards.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2020-10-21)
Rex-T

I'm sorry for your loss. It is very comforting to think that our loved ones stop by one more time to let us know that everything will be fine after they have taken the next step on their journey.
Do they really do it?... I don't know for sure, but the peace one feels after those "visits" is better and more effective than several sessions at the therapist's office.

Thanks for reading and commenting on my story.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-21)
Hi Melda.

Ha ha, yes that was a memorable trip... On so many levels!

I wonder if JR visited some one else other than me, I think his wife would have been the one letting him go. Unfortunately I didn't have a way to know if he showed himself to her... Nor if she would have been open to his efforts to contact.

Although I'm not
"five feet four
From her head to the ground"

And I would never
"Come around here
Just about midnight"

Yes, my "name is G-L-0-R-I-A
G-L-0-R-I-A
G-L-0-R-I-A"

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: