You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Daughter The Angel

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter The Angel

 

Back in 1986 we were living in a tiny one bedroom apartment in the Miami area with our brand new baby daughter. My daughter always seemed to be really fussy at night. So one night when she was being extra fussy, I decided to grab her, some pillows and a blanket and head to the living room. We both fell asleep, but sometime during the night something woke me up. I had been sleeping face up so when I opened my eye's I was staring at the living room wall directly in front of me, and that's when I saw her, clear as day, an adorable little girl around age 2 or 3 with a big smile on her face wearing little dark overall's.

I stared at her and I remember thinking to myself "I am fully awake and I am seeing this". I stared at her for a few seconds and then she faded up towards the ceiling and was gone. It unnerved me, so I grabbed my baby and all the bedding and went back to my bedroom. The next morning I told my husband about the experience, and he thought maybe a little girl had died in that apartment and her spirit was still there.

I also told my dad the story and his response was one I did not expect. My dad said that the little girl I had seen was my future daughter who was stopping by to check me out. At this I was totally horrified. My husband and I were eating ramen noodles several time's a week in order to afford formula, diapers and our rent and electric, the last thing we were thinking about at that time was another baby.

In 1988 I found out I was pregnant, and I was so excited. Scared but excited. My husband on the other hand was wondering how on earth we were going to afford another child. We were in the process of closing on our first little home. Bad time for a baby. On November 26th my second daughter was born. I was so thrilled. I knew that somehow our financial situation would work out.

Several years pasted and we moved from Miami to a small town in the Florida panhandle. One day I was getting my girls ready in the morning for a day of outside play (the girl's were 3 and 5) and as I'm snapping the buckle of my youngest daughters corduroy overall, she looked up at me and smiled, and the image of the little girl I had seen 5 years or so earlier was staring right at me. She "was" the little girl I had seen that night in my tiny apartment. Right down to the dark overalls.

From day one, I felt such a strong connection with my daughter. Not just the mother daughter connection, it is something else. Something spiritual. We both feel it. We have been together and have started to say the same things at the same time; we've had the same dreams, and many other things. It's really hard to explain. A couple years ago she went off to college 5 hours away. My husband was in the kitchen one day and I was in my bedroom watching TV when I hear my husband call out my daughter's name and ask her if she was hungry, a few minutes later my husband walks into the bedroom and says to me "you are not going to believe this, I asked Kimmy if she was hungry and I heard her say NO". She was 5 hours away at the time.

Same thing happened to me about a year later. I was sweeping my floors and as I was going past the front door I heard "Hi MOM" and it was my daughter's voice. It unnerved me because she was still away at college. Then this past week I get a call from her telling me that her boyfriend was in the shower early that morning and he heard her yell out his name, so he turned off the water and ran into the bedroom thinking something was wrong, and found her still sound asleep in bed.

I'm not sure what to make of all of this, but one thing I am sure of, my daughter is very special. She is my Angel.

Other hauntings by smurf5584

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smurf5584, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

meda1 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
this is great it's great to know that you love your
Daughter and not hate for stupidest reasons
Chewy_Love95 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Wonderful Story (: Glad I Got To Read This. 😁
Your daughter seems verry special and I love how she was checking to see if you were a good mommy (: Congradulations (:

Sincerly
Cheyenne ❤
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
I love this story, I have this connection with my mom also... 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
Hi Smurf, I love it that your dad was so intuitive! It is usually a woman that picks up on these sort of things. You must have had a great dad (as did I)! Have you any other stories about your dad? He sounds special. I am so glad that you have a 'connection' with your daughter. I am sure you have many special moments still in the future. 😊
MoonLovedRose (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
This is beautiful. My mother and I have a bond like this (we can picked up on each other's moods and such). You are so lucky.

Stories like this are a good reminder there is more to the spiritual world than evil shadows and heart-stopping freaky stuff.

I hope this happens to me if I ever have children. 😊
ceciline (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
I find this simply amazing. And I love it. Gives me goosebumps, but I just love it. The thought of your future child coming to pretty much introduce themselves before they are born is just amazing. I kind of hope it happens to me. 😁
minimom (50 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
Wonderful story!

I have 5 kids but only have that type of bond with my middle one, a son.

I had always chalked it up to the circumstances of his birth as I had delivered him myself but as he got older I realized he had inherited the family gift of being a sensitive. Odd because it's usually just the women. No male sensitives for many generations.

It sounds like you have the same gift. It's one to be cherished.
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
I had a similar experence. I was dating this boy in highschool, definitly a bad guy when I started dreaming about this little blue eyed boy. My self and my friend, whom was very intune with me she could read my thoughts, knew what I was doing while miles away, ect, both had the same dreams. A couple years later while out with friends I'm introuced to this guy who resimbles the face of the baby in that dream. Needless to say my son is here and has been with me for years.
Its so comforting to know he saved my life.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
smurf5584: It really is a breath of fresh air sometimes to read experiences like this, this is a great account.😁 That is a very magical bond that you and your daughter have, I'm sure you will have many more wonderfull experiences to come. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
smurf5584 very interesting story thanks for sharing.
I had the same thoughts as ngute80 mentioned with the past life connection it is a possibility worth looking into if you can.
Carl
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
I love this story! I have heard of at least 2 simular stories like this. In one of the stories the woman's daughter came to her in spirit to let her know she was soon going to be her mommy (she wasn't even pregnant). The spirit of this little girl looked and acted just her future daughter. I think this happens more than people think. And sometimes we see them and sometimes we don't. I have a very special bond with my youngest daughter, and often have dreams about us being mother and daughter in a past life. I think its pretty amazing that sometimes our children come to say hi to us before they are born. ❤ Thnk you for sharing 😊
smurf5584 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
Lizgo47- I do love both my girls deeply. Sorry if I gave a different impression. I was simply pointing out this connection that I can't explain with my youngest. It is really different. I have the regular "my girls are the best" type mother daughter relationship with both my girl's. Thank you for pointing that out.
lizgo47 (11 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
this was a great story I have never heard of anything like this. And I'm sorry to point this out but I couldn't help thinking about it since I am also a mother that you said your daughter was special and your angel I hope you love your other daughter too the same way. 😁 ❤ ❤
smurf5584 (3 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
ILee- My youngest had left for school a week or so before, and we still weren't used to the idea. So when he asked her from the kitchen if she was hungry, he had forgotten that she was no longer home. We really had a hard time getting used to the empty nest.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
I'm a bit confused, and sorry if I'm reading this all wrong, but why was your husband asking your daughter if she was hungry if she was at school 5 hours away from home?

I would say that you and your daughter are telepathic, but that's different considering that not only you heard her voice but so did your husband and her boyfriend. This is the first time I've heard of something like this. Kind of makes you feel that the bond that you and your daughter have is special doesn't it? Very cool 😁
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
This story is SO ADORABLE, I lovelovelove it! My mom and I are the same way too 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: