You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted in Michigan

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted in Michigan

 

I am a 20 year old junior at a university in Michigan and believe my house to be haunted. Throughout my life I have had some strange happenings that I never really believed to be important.

When I was about 5 I was obsessed with the Swan princess movie and had received a figurine of the main character, Odette, for my birthday. I had set her and the prince down to get more figurines from my room and when I returned Odette was gone and she has never been found.

Then when I was between the ages of 5 and 8 I would always see figures, which I recently read about and would classify as "Shadow People". These Shadow People would walk in a single file line from the end of the hall into my bedroom and surround my bed. I started to close my door at night to avoid seeing these figures.

One more childhood experience was when I was 10 and looked through old photo albums. I saw a picture taken outside in the winter of our back porch. The reflection of the window showed a light and by the light was what looked to be a middle-aged man in a war uniform. When I told my family and friends about the picture I could never find it and I still look for it.

This brings us to today.

I recently moved into a home where I attend college and strange things have been happening. I live with 5 other girls and they have told stories to me about hearing footsteps and running into cold spots. Also, the sound of things dropping and rolling, One of the girls said her sheets were lifted. This same girl then asked the ghost to leave her alone and not hurt her and her sheets dropped. The girl whose room is next door to mine has a boyfriend who kept hearing movement and said the TV changed channels.

Upon hearing these stories I became frightened and decided to look up history of our house on a Google search engine. I came across a website stating a 60 year old man had passed away here in 1930. When I told my roommates this they became very afraid. About two weeks ago I had a terrifying dream and then thought I had woken up but had felt a tenseness in my shoulders and a voice saying something about a massage. I tried to wake myself up but it felt like I already was. This was very confusing to me and it sounds stupid repeating it but it scared me.

What made me want to share the story is what happened last night. All of us woke up at 4 a.m. To a very loud crash. We have no idea what the source of the crash was. It sounded like it came from the upstairs hallway right outside most of our bedrooms. After reading other peoples stories I definitely believe our house is haunted by this man and I do not think he wants to hurt us. I am just confused and wonder if anything bad could happen and what to do about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Natalie1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
Like WhiteWolf, I agree that I don't think this spirit wants to hurt you but probably wants the attention. Since you were able to find out that a man died in your place of residence, I think you should find a lot more like how he died and what happened. Try talking to him and if you are scared, try doing it as a group. But I would like to say is that if you do plan on communicating with this spirit then do it with the utmost respect.

Another suggestion, if you or room mates are not comfortable with communicating with the spirit, would be to do a blessing / cleansing of the house and a little prayer for the spirit. I was going to say to do the blessing according to your faith but then I realized that you are staying with other students that may have different cultural backgrounds and faiths. You can do one of two things (or both). One, you and each of your room mates prayer according to each of your faiths to have this spirit find peace and cross over to the light. Second, there is a blessing / cleansing recipe on this site by Rook. You and your room mates can adapt it so that you can do a general prayer and also give out positive energy. (I hope I making sense here and I hope it helps).
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
I do not believe he is going to hurt you or your room-mates all of the moving of objects and sounds were just ways to get attention. If he try's to tell you about a message listen to him he probably wants to pass a message on to a living family member.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: