You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ithaca, Michigan - Jerome Rd

Real Ghost Stories

Ithaca, Michigan - Jerome Rd

 

When I was 16 years old I was at my friends, we were abruptly awoken by the sounds of pots and pans bashing together in the kitchen, so we went and looked and nothing was there but a shadowy figure and only for like a second and it disappeared. I went home and told my mom about it and she had me take her to this friend's house. She went completely white so I asked her what was wrong. She explained to me when she was pregnant with me she and my dad lived in that house. She said they always heard pots and pans banging together dramatically and there would not be anything there. She would also hear things being thrown right outside the windows and she would look and nothing.

But the one thing that made her and my dad leave in the middle of the night was one night when they could hear a little child. She said it had to be about 9-10 years old and was running back and forth in the attic. You could tell the little kid was playing with toys. They immediately left and went back the next day to get everything they owned and my dad decided to look upstairs because everyone told them it was probably a racoon or something. It was completely dusty, not one footprint, not anything. I find this very peculiar now that I am older and when I sit back and think about it, why 16 years later would I be at this same house that scared my mom and dad half to death and why would it let me see it's shadowy figure and not them? Was it trying to reach out to me? Should I have went back? Should I go back?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JenTay5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
A racoon does not sound like a human child running around and playing with his/her toys. I know people say things like this as to keep the people involved from being so frightened. There is a difference though.
NO! Leave well enough alone. You already know that there is something there, so don't go back to that house. Pray and ask the Lord to surround you and your family with the white light of the Holy spirit and leave it alone. You don't need anything to attach itself to you and follow you to where you are living right now. I will keep your friend and her family in my prayers as well.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
Well, Whitebuffalo beauty. What was it YOU were doing at 16 😉 😉 lol! No, yeah that really makes me worry about where my children are even more, sheesh!

~LSD~
JenTay5 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
ok I just found out even more my fiance whom we both grew up in the same city and didn't know each other until 7 years ago has just told me as I was explaining the house to him said he had been there once also with a bunch of friends and when they went upstairs there was a picture frame and they seen some dude in the picture frame like moving like he was walking towards them they all ran downstairs and my fiance the big guy that he is wqent back up with one of his friends and the picture frame was gone like it was never there... I'm really confused why all of us?
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
I find your Parents trust in you absolutely marvelous. I would be nervous as WHAT not knowing WHERE my 16 year old was spending the night.
I can just imagine the shock registering when you gave the address.
...
No. You should not go back to try and figure this out. For what purpose? I do not think there was any real meaning in the Chance Encounter at this house. You just happened to be able to validate things for them, and they for you. What makes that even more special is that it took THIS LONG for that to all happen.
Thank you.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
Uh. No, please don't go back. If you need that closure I understand. But pray & don't let anything follow you home. Because you said >dark shadowy, UHG! No I wouldn't want to sign up for that. So just be safe. Put your armor on. If your a Christian you know what I mean.

I've gone back a couple times my self to the place my old house that tormented my family. I do time & again. I pray & I cry I even get angry for what that house, well the filth that was in it did to me. Bless you & yours. MCL<3

~LSD~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: