You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Bride

Real Ghost Stories

The Bride

 

It was a week ago that my uncle came to my place. We were having a discussion on things that people think are not real when the talk led to ghosts. My uncle have had many experiences with them. I guess this one is worth telling:

My uncle and his friends were going for a drive about ten years ago when they had to go through a narrow road next to a cemetery. While driving he saw a beautiful girl dressed like a bride, actually like an indian bride (they wear sari of dark red colour). He was the one driving and he knew there were 'things' that had happened to people if they stopped to help such girls. Actually, he was into ghost stuff, he knew it was one of the haunted places and this girl was quite famous as many people had seen her, many had suffered, and many had been able to escape. He continued driving as if he hadn't seen her. After about a ten minutes of fast drive, he dared to look back only to find she was right behind the car. He screamed and drove as fast as he could (there's not much of traffic rules here especially at night, no cameras or anything. It's like do what you feel like.) He broke all the signals and started reciting prayers.

All his friends had been there all along. They too were suffering the same things. After about an hour, they came to a stop and looked back but no one was there. They all were very scared and had high fever for about more than a week. Still it is believed that if you take that road, maybe you will experience something similar. I have also told it to my other net pals but they all believe it to be some fake urban legend. Well I hope whoever reads this believes me cause I am so sure it's true.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngelEyes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bloodyfarewell2002 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
Wow! My cousin's friend had a same experience too when he was coming out of the mosque after offering the Fajr prayer when he saw a lady dressed in a bridal suit swinging a swing in a nearby park. I'll definitely share the whole story when time allows.

Regards and Respect,
Bloodyfarewell2002
MrMojoRisin93 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Wow, I have a similar story myself! I went to my dads uncles house and was told a story about how one of his sons had an encounter with a "churail" dressed in a bridal suit. He was driving home at night and saw what appeared to be a young woman dressed in a bridal suit on the side of the road. He knew this was no human, it was a witch. He kept going, but suddenly when he took a glance at the rear view mirror, he saw her sitting in the back seat with a wide grin. Next thing you know he blinked and she disappeared. He started reading a verse from the Quran and drove as fast as he could.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
Hey IamWahid I totally agree with you. If you look back at a ghost they would take your heart and something like that. My mum always told me such stories happened to her while she was at her parents' house in Murree they don't live there but they have a house over there and you guys know hilly areas or hill stations are famous for ghosts and such things
fauji (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-29)
one of the comments said djinns are illiterate...
Not at all true.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
I have read about the appearance of this girl in Pakistan many times here and there, with the same effects happening to your uncle's friends like suffering from high fever and even 'dying due to unnatural causes' after a few days. Your uncle and his friends were lucky. Its good that your Uncle did not stop after seeing her, cause it is said that when they are asked for a lift, they accept it and even gives an address where they want to be dropped. When the car is stopped at that address, they get down and then suddenly disappears!
asumimanami (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
I believe you and wow it is really scary. On which road did this happen, I really want to know as I am really interested in stuff like this. Contact me at ichigo-rox1 [at] hotmail.com. 😉
Shaw (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
LOL 😁 same happened with my grandpa and my dad years before... I do believe on on that what you wrote.
omerblink (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Hey angel eyes... Nice one... Can you tell me about that crematory... Where its located in Pakistan?
Silene02 (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
I couldn't keep from laughing, The experience was scary but I just couldn't keep a laugh away when I thought of your poor uncle seeing the ghost just nehind his car just when he thought he left her behind ha ha ha! Poor man!
MsAngelsndemons (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
When I was little I also have seen a bride. Read my story "The Lost Bride". ❤
bobby_singh (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
theres a similar stories of a bride that does this in wales...
diesel (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
that is a really believeable stroy. I have herad these types of stroye by my dad and othere poeple. Thank you for this intreasting stroy
YEN (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
Wow! Your uncle and his friends must have been really scared and traumatize. I know that I would IF that was to happen to me. 😨
Ninajk (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
I totaly believe you. I live in South Africa and we hav our share of ghost. Theres the Indian gal that haunts d viking high way thers the boy on the bycicle and the old chevy that drives in your direction than vanishes
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-07)
Hi AngelEyes,
It seems to be totally believable and scary too.I've too heard such incidents from my elders where some lady asks for a lift from young boys like you. My advice to you would be never to give lifts to such unknown people especially women wearing white sari's(even dressed as a bride).
Thanxx~~Siddharth
😁
sunaina (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
hiii angel eyes... I wanted to share the same kind of incident that happened with my uncle... He was driving from his office in delhi[india] late at night around 2am all alone almost 12 years back... At tht time the road he took was surrounded by huge trees and it was dark too, only car headlights were on... Car speed being not fast he figured out from a distance tht someone is standing in the middle of the road wearing white coloured seemed as a female figure... He felt its the time to speed up... So he did it and too his surprise what he saw was that figure was not moving and the lane being very narrow he could not drive right side of the road, so safing his car from that figure he drived his car directly on that figure...
my uncle said when that figure passed his car though for just a moment his car was chilling and so was he... Just like cool breeze of air had hitted him... The moment he passed he didn't turned back, he looked in front AND drove back safely... But later a month my uncle got his medical done and he was examined and was observed tht he is suffering from severe back pain which later caused damage to his spinal cord... Now he is no more...
IamWAHID (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-01)
hey angel eyes,
i believe you. I am from pakistan but I live in dubai. Pakistan is famous for such incidents because the jinns there are illiterate and ignorant. Looking back to that ghost ("churreyl" in urdu) is not a gud idea. But they can never touch you if you have the name of God.
peace
IamWAHID
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
abdulnafees, Please share the story of the headless ghost there in Karachi with us. Just go to submit a story and enter it there. I have visited Karachi, very interesting and historic city.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
abdulnafees (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
In Karachi, Pakistan there are lot of things happening the most commonly heard is the headless ghost near some industrial area.

Cheers!
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
I totally believe you! An encounter like that has to be cool and scary all at the same time!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-01)
Different areas of the world have their own haunted areas and how that haunting affects them. The experience for them is as unique as it would be for you. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: