You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Haunting In North Bengal

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting In North Bengal

 

This unforgettable incident took place in October this year when we (my father, mother, sister and myself) were on my way to North Bengal to celebrate the Durga Pujas (a festival of Bengal).

. We boarded the Teesta Torsha express from Sealdah. It was going good until night when my uncle called us up and told us that 19 oil tankers were derailed at Kishanganj. We were now 34hours in train.

Day 2: We suffered a lot as the train stopped for hours at stations and the attendants switched of the A.Cs in the train. We were tired and slept off after we reached NJP at 12. 30 at night. After some time, I woke up for some fresh air as I was feeling uncomfortable being confined in a small area for so long. So I went out and after refreshing myself, out of sheer curiosity, I opened the door latch. The train was stationary. I checked the cell info, which showed that it was GAISAL and the time was 1.28A.M by my watch. It was steady when suddenly a gust of wind passed through me. Then I heard the honk of an engine which was gradually approaching closer. Then suddenly I heard a loud noise as if there was an explosion. Then our train began moving with a jerk and suddenly I regained my senses and everything was as quiet as before. I closed the door latch and as soon as I looked behind, I saw a shadowy figure which suddenly disappeared within a second! I quickly went back inside. I kept thinking about what had happened exactly as I did not believe in paranormal activities before and thought it was just a dream.

Day 3: We reached my maternal uncles home by morning. I decided to surf the net and check whether anyone had experienced the same at GAISAL...

Then, to my surprise, I found out that GAISAL was the site of one of the worst railway accidents in history of Indian Railways!

I have some questions in my mind which will remain unanswered. 1) The first question is, have anybody else experienced the same? 2) If so, why don't the drivers experience? 3) Or was it just a dream?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dodon94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ygs_sayan (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-14)
a good one... But hey, where is this place "Gaisal" actually... I mean I'm too from North Bengal (Jalpaiguri)... Never heard of the place anyway... Could you tell me more about it?...
lion_king99 (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Cool. I've always been a fan of peeking through the train at night in the hopes of catching something out of the normal ๐Ÿ˜Š...not that I caught anything. Did you tell anybody about this? Perhaps someone else may have had a similar experience...

~regards,
Lion_king99
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Greetings my friend
What you experienced is popularly known as Ghost Objects (there are ghost ships, ghost airplanes, in your case it was Ghost Railway)
Now coming to your questions
1) Have anybody else experienced the same?
Yes, there are people who experience haunting or supernatural experiences, but few choose to share them and most choose to forget them. They simply won't dare to tell about their experiences because they think no one would believe them.
2) If so, why don't the drivers experience?
Now this is tricky. The haunting is not something experienced by many; it has certain essential ingredients, sensitiveness of mind being one of them. As I strongly believe, human brain has many untapped potentials and it works in many unknown ways. Many times we can't control the way our brain work. So your mind being sensitive and more open to supernatural incident (or tragic accident which got recorded in time loop due to its tragic nature), you witnessed the sounds of that accident. Some people might also witness the actual audio/visual accident.
3) Or was it just a dream?
Answer to this depends solely on your belief. What do you believe? If you believe what you experienced was a supernatural incident, then it is. If you believe it is a dream, then it will be a dream only. Your perception towards that incident is the key.
Regards.
๐Ÿ˜Š
eddie_iveera (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
I was there with my (NCC) team. We were the 3rd who reached there after collision. BSF shantinagar reached there at first. I was there for 3 days for relief. But it never haunted me. I got a puppy in army van while taking out a dead body and its still with me.
PNKAAJ (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
2daY I heard your story on red fm kolkata. BUT you have not mentioned why this misfortunate happen because a black cat crossed from your path when YOU were ready to leave.
dodon94 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Thank you all for your feedbacks. [at] mr.rook, mrs. Geetha and ms.angelus.
[at] avik: Yeah it was foolish of me to go out at such an odd time. I went out because I didn't believe in the supernatural then.
[at] bluerose: Yeah I am a hindu and I've heard from my elders about antim sanskaar.
I spent my childhood restcamp, maligaon and had heard of the supernatural activities related to the bombing in kokrajhar.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
dodon: I am from India (assam) and yes you are right- the infamous train tragedy in Gaisal took place in the year 1999. Many people died in that blast- I remember seeing tragic pictures of the aftermath in newspapers and TV, being a young girl at that time. I do also know of a very tragic incident of bomb blast in train on the eve of a new year in assam, some 15 years ago. After the incident, passengers of trains which pass through that spot (of blast), to this day, hear screams and tragic howls sounding like 'Help','Save us'.And you might know, if you are a Hindu, until a dead person's antim-sanskaar (last rites) are not carried out, the souls of those humans are said not to rest in 'peace'- they are likely to be wandering around in those areas... May God help them to rest I peace.
avikhaunted (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-23)
dodon94,

Thank you for sharing your
Experience with us. My maternal uncles live in Kolkata so I have been on this train route. Now your story was indeed scary. The scariest thing was that the door was open and had you been unnerved by the shadow, you could have lost your life.

I would also like to tell you that our train rails go through distant villages which are the hub of paranormal activities. So it was utmost unwise of you to step out at such an unearthly hour. Do try to avoid such activities and stay safe.
dku236 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
dodon94,
I seriously agree to what you have said. I checked out about an accident which took place at Gaisal on 2 August, 1999. The Two trains which carried more than 2,500 people and killed atleast 300 people. The paranomal activity happened with you at 1:28 AM and the accident took place at 1:30 AM. This proves that it was something related to this incedent.
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Thanks for sharing your story! I would have to agree with Rook on this one as well.
Angelus
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
Rook took the words right out of my mouth. What you experienced is a residual haunting. As for your question about dreaming. I, personally, thing that you were in a dream like state so that you wouldn't get to scared by the event.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
dodon94,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. What you experienced may have been a Residual Haunting. It's like a recording that plays back when conditions are 'right' for it to 'play'.

The Theory is this: Events that are surrounded by High Emotion and in the worst case Death can imprint on the enviroment. This imprint can replay under certian conditions... The Anniversary of the event, a time when lots of people are remembering the event or maybe enviromental factors come into play and a thunder storm provides enough energy to 'trigger' the 'replay' of the event.

In your experieice you mention that 19 oil tankers had been derailed... This is not a small accident and the energy 'traveling' along the rail lines due to this event... With the 'grumpy' travelers on your train may have been enough to 'trigger' what you experienced.

You also asked if it may have been a dream only you, for sure, can tell if you were awake or alseep when this occured. If you were asleep then for almost the same reasons that would cause the event to 'replay' may have caused your dream. This would have required even less energy as well.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: