You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dark Presence

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Presence

 

Not too long ago, I moved into a trailer on the north side of Lafayette, Indiana. My first night here was met with a feeling of foreboding, like something was watching me. It was enough to keep me up all night, and to send chills down my spine.

For days afterward, I repeatedly experienced strange things. I remember sitting at my computer, in broad daylight, and see a black shadow move through the room. I had no shades open, and the sky was overcast. At that same time, I was on a video call with my girlfriend. She claimed to see a black figure moving through the room behind me, but when I turned, there was nothing there. I could feel its presence, kind of like a window being left open in the wintertime.

From time to time, I would hear footsteps on the enclosed porch, as could friends that happened to be over, and hear whispering coming from somewhere in the room. I would also see shadows move across my feet in pitch blackness, in the dead of night, and feel ice cold chills running down my body.

Now, six months later, I am still experiencing strange things. I often feel uncomfortable in the room, and can feel the presence, whatever it is, watching me at night. My bedroom door will open and close by itself, leading me to the possibility that something is there. I can hear breathing in my headset, kind of like uneven breathing, and I know it's not me breathing into my own headset, because it doesn't match my breathing, which I can hear. It makes the hairs on my back stand up.

Whatever this thing is frightens me, and I would like to know what it is, if that's even possible.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xXBlackRavenXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blackasia7033 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
wow...i just had a similiar experience... And I hate when you try to explain to people and they think your crazy... I never believed in this stuff, still skeptical of what it could be... Its very creepy and now I can not sleep alone or in the dark... I'm 37 years old and developed a phobia of sleeping in the dark... I wish someone who is out there can really solve these strange happenings... Keep us posted... I feel you on this post... Good luck
❤
metanormalcom (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-25)
Actually, spirits are picking certain people with certain energy levels, lower than their level and plus if they do things and get you freaked out they make you loose more energy and the panic overruns you then you try different stuff like yoga or house cleansing,it's because you have no mighty support and anything you do in this life you remain human and as long as you are human you are always a lower level than spirits and you shall watch this because spirits may cannot touch you but they could change you.Also,I have to add that spirits can do crazy things to freak you out like: getting inside of your pet, inside the computer, inside the mirror and... Inside you. Look for your mighty support that will increase your power. Thank you for sharing.
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
I wouldn't recomend telling it to 'get the F*** out of my house.' It doesn't sound like it's trying to hurt you. I know for my ghost if I leave him be, he leaves us be for the most part. Ghosts feed on enery, you don't want to get angry and give it all that negitive energy, things will only get worse if you do. Just my opinion of couse, I'm no expert on these things! Thanks for sharing.
Angelus
metanormalcom (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
You're pretty special Raven, they picked you as every ghost publisher in yourghoststories and here we meet to give you some suggestions, funny huh?
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
For general protection I recommend saying psalm 91 and 71 out of the king james version of the bible three times. They envoke protective energies. Also leave a bowl of white vinegar mixed with sea salt to evaporate in your room
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
I would try to find out more about the history of this trailor. Could even be something to what Nysa suggested. Have you watched 'The Others'? Gave me goosebumps, whatched it a couple a times myself.
strife (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
well sadly I can't tell you what it is, but I have some suggestions.

Go to a priest to come and "cleanse" your home if it continues to happen tell them to leave in an angry voice curse at them get as angry as you can. From family experiences that I've had the more scared you get the more thing they'll do, my brother is a total chicken and he see's things a lot. I on the other hand if I hear or see things out of the ordinary I tell them to get the F*** out of my house, it honesty has worked for me in the past, also when I do this I some times get a chill, so don't get scared if that happens.

Also what Nysa said you might want to get a Medium you can trust to maybe tell them.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
Well people can make guesses based on their own experiences & research of the experiences of others, but to be brutally honest this is an area where nobody knows anything for sure. It sounds to me like it might be something that does not know you are there, but maybe senses something. Some people believe that some ghosts don't realize they are dead & continue to see the place as it was when they are living. Have you seen the movie The Others? It is based on that theory. You might want to ask the neighbors about previous occupants.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: