You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Sharp Teeth

Real Ghost Stories

Sharp Teeth

 

One night, about 2003, I was sleeping. I woke up to a crash downstairs, I have a display of antique plates, so I knew it had to be them. I got out of bed to go look, my dog, Rascal, a huge Mastiff usually follows me everywhere, but he just sat on his dog bed, with a blank expression.

I went downstairs to see what the noise was, ignoring Rascal's weird behavior. Then, as I was walking down the staircase, another crash happened. I jumped, but shook it off. I also have a cat called Luna, so it must have been her, I thought. I peered into the living room, Luna a white cat, was sleeping on my sofa.

So now, I grabbed a flashlight from the drawer and flicked it on into the kitchen. The flashlight just went dead in my hands. A tiny bit of moonlight shone through the window, just enough to see the dark shadow. I looked around, squinting my eyes... Of coarse nothing was broken. Then, Rascal came barreling down the stairs, barking angrily. Luna woke up and ran away. Rascal then just jumped out the window onto my patio. I was shocked. I had to make sure my little guy I raised from a pup was okay. I opened the sliding door, (ignoring the fact there was a huge hole in the glass) and looked out. Rascal's fur was matted with blood. I looked around and saw nothing.

I went to get the hose to wash off the blood. When the same dark figure was standing by the tap, it grinned and revealed a bunch of pure white sharp as a knife teeth. I ran into my house and locked the door. My dog was sleeping in his bed, his fur was clean and looked as if it was just brushed. I couldn't get that image out of my mind for six years. I can still remember it clearly. Luna has ran away numerous times, and Rascal barks at nothing... I'm planning on moving away, but if anyone knows what this thing is, comments would be appreciated greatly.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dogss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DavidTHaynes (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Spirits are like us, in the sense that they are unique from each other, I have danced with a spirit much like your description, a very dark tall and strong built stereo typical bat like demon, he resembles a bat with sharp claws on the tips of his fingers much like a vampire creature, and yes gas very long sharp teeth a little like those fish that eat flesh but not as jutting.

You must understand that whether they come to you in whatever form determines what mood they're in, usually when they look scary to you it's because there playing around, a practical joke as it were. Or they want you to face your fears instead of running away from them as we mortals tend to do most of the time, do not lose yourself in the folly of fear, movies of exorcism and paranormal junk tend to play on it.
Instead understand that fear is an illusion created by a lack of understanding in something.

In my experience all they want to do is befriend us, but if you push them away out of fear you will hurt their feelings and they may either get very cross with you for rejecting them or they might leave.

Of course if they get offended by our rejection they might stalk you further especially in your dreams and even scald at you.

I have made these mistakes of rejecting them out of fear but later came to realise that my fear wasn't real at all and that there is no such thing as evil or good, only light and darkness and one cannot exist without the other, in the beginning their was the void which was nothingness that became self aware and birthed 6 different elemental energies, darkness, light, matter, water, fire and air. And each spirit as well as us as humans are a representative of these elements, and each of us have one particular element that dominates the other five determining our character and part to play in the unity of these 6 elements which makes the universe as we know it.

It is largely believed that depending on what time we were are born or created will determine what element is superior in us, I find it all really exciting.

I hope this helped in some way.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Oh God!...How scary! Believe me reading your description of that shadow with white-sharp teeth grinning, raised the hair on my hands...! 😨...I can't imagine what would have happened to me if I had actually seen it myself...!... I think it must be some sort of a demon. I must say it was not very wise of you to go outside alone at night after hearing 'sounds',,at least you should have taken along an elder with you. But one thing is confusing here for me- So when you rushed back and saw everything around you were fine, including rascal, so what did you see when you said you saw 'blood' on rascal's fur...?...Did you try to investigate further the next morning with your family members what actually were those crushing sounds...?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
I will go out on a limb and say this was a dream... I can believe you couldn't shake the image of your dog being all cut up an bloody but you relate this series of facts to us...

"I was sleeping. I woke up to a crash downstairs, I have a display of antique plates, so I knew it had to be them."

Next...

"I went downstairs to see what the noise was, ignoring Rascal's weird behavior. Then, as I was walking down the staircase, another crash happened. I jumped, but shook it off."

And then this...

"So now, I grabbed a flashlight from the drawer and flicked it on into the kitchen. The flashlight just went dead in my hands. A tiny bit of moonlight shone through the window, just enough to see the dark shadow. I looked around, squinting my eyes... Of coarse nothing was broken."

Your animals were both in the house... The dog upstairs in his bed the cat downstairs on the sofa...

I vote dream... Flashlight verses Lightswitch... What I mean to say is why did you grab a flashlight without even checking to see if the lights worked? The images you saw represented some situation in your life...complicated, sure... Dark and perhaps hopeless seeming... (as represented by the flashlight not working right) of course... And yet after facing the 'fear' (situation) you turn back into your home and find everyhthing is well and good. Yup I vote Dream...

Respectfully,

Rook
lynrinth (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
It's been documented that sometimes people see one event, or something, when it may not have happened at all. Example, a woman sees blood running down her kitchen wall, screams, kids come running in, woman points to wall only to see no blood. I think spirits, powerful enough, can make people experience things out of the ordinary. It could've a sleepwalking dream. Who knows? This negative spirit apparently was playing with you. But if it did happened, how do you explain your dog from going outside to being back inside in his bed cleaned and asleep? Hopefully you won't experience anything else whence you leave.
sunset_savage (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
It sounds like a very vivid nightmare or sleepwalking. If this only happened the one time its probably nothing to worry about. The behavior of your animals doesn't truly sound unusual either. Cats, if they have access to the outdoors, will wander off as they see fit and come back when they see fit. Dogs frequently bark at "nothing," at least nothing a human can pick up on. They have keener senses than we do, and your dog could easily be reacting to something natural. He could hear or smell something, another dog, a prey animal, a neighbor, a lot of possibilities. A dog barking at nothing isn't a foolproof indicator of ghostly activity. I honestly think you have nothing to worry about.
meme738 (5 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
i don't know if you telling the truth I really wish I new if it was real or not 😕
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
If your dog was not hurt, I would say you were sleepwalking. It's rare for people to have isolated sleepwalking events (non-sleepwalkers walking), but is does happen.
meme738 (5 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
i honestly don't know what it could be but it could be an evil entity or maybey a demon 😕 I love ghost stuff 😁
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
Thanks for sharing your story, I wish I could help but I'm not sure what it could be either.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: