You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman With Rotting Teeth

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman With Rotting Teeth

 

I used to be a student at a Islamic boarding school in Indonesia. I attended that school for 7th and half of 8th grade. There are many urban legends in that school that many people claim they've experienced. There's a ballerina phantom, a grandma that carries around a bucket in the bathroom, ghosts or demons that appear in pictures, the 3 girls that drowned in a well, and many more. This story, however, is based on my own experience.

When I attended boarding school, I used to get sick a lot. I actually had digestive problems, typhus, and I was diagnosed with Anorexia. People said that the supernatural tends to be attached to sick people, especially kids, because they are weaker. This would probably be why I used to experience so much. These "things" messed with me so much that my parents had to fly to Indonesia and take me back to America. I currently attend a boarding school in America too but fortunately I haven't experienced anything, at least not yet.

One night, I was extremely sick that it was hard for me to move around. I had 20 roommates and everyone left to go to the mosque because it was time to pray and I was left by myself. Teachers didn't believe when students were sick most of the time so one of my roommates turned the lights off so it would seem that no one was in the room. That's when it started getting weird.

First I smelled blood. It smelled fresh too. I ignored it thinking that maybe someone is on their period. My room was next to a bathroom and that bathroom tends to be littered with pads so this is why I thought this. I know, gross right? Then I heard scratching on the walls but I also ignored this. Then the door swung open. This startled me because the door is very big and heavy and there was no wind. It was actually very humid. My dumb self first instinct was to close the door so I crawled towards the door to close it. I was about 2 inches from the door when it slammed shut.

There are windows on both side of the door and when I looked up there was a woman staring at me through the window smiling at me and waving. Her teeth were yellow and rotting and I found that kind of gross. So instead of being scared, I was grossed out by this woman. I think the woman heard my thoughts because then she appeared inside the room and smashed a mirror that was on a dresser (only furniture in the room are the dressers and each student gets one so there's 20 dressers in my room) and left. The mirror breaking must've been loud because teachers ran up the stairs and barged into the room. When they saw me crouched on the floor they yelled at me and yanked me up. I got in big trouble that night because the teachers didn't believe me when I told them about the woman. But when I told my roommates they believed me because they always see her in the middle night sitting next to me and patting my back.

Other hauntings by oohfreaky

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, oohfreaky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-11)
Perhaps she had been there comforting you but when she sensed your feelings of disgust, she got angry interpreting it as a lack of gratitude. Could be that in life, she had been very self conscious of her teeth. Could be too that one of the major reasons for her tooth decay had been an eating disorder similar to your own. Had that been the case, that could be why she was drawn to you and even more reason for her moment of pique when she sensed a lack of understanding from you. Interesting too that she chose to shatter a mirror. Having battled with an eating disorder myself, I know well how the mirror was a veritable instrument of self torture reflecting an image in my mind far different from reality. So, according to my theory, this spirit of a deceased relative drawn to you through feelings of empathy to give comfort comes across you one evening weak from the depredations of your disorder - for the first time you see her and all she recieves are feelings of disgust so in a fit of frustration and hurt she breaks the instrument that tortured you both...

Maybe I am over thinking! But that's the feeling I got.

What gives me shivers is the mention of little girls being "checked" to verify whether they were on their periods - I hope the school had some non-invasive way of doing so!
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-29)
Being from Indonesia I would have imagined that your first instinct would have been to attribute that to a pontianak / kuntilanak... So I find your story a little strange.
oohfreaky (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-25)
lady-glow That's a good point I actually didn't think of that. I don't know, she could be.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-03-21)
"almost every student at that boarding school had experienced something at some point and that's why they stayed calm. To them it's just another experience."

Knowing teenage girls' behavior, it's hard to believe that something like that wouldn't be discussed over and over again.

I'm not surprised only by the fact that your roommates hadn't told you about the woman patting your back, but because there's no mention of her interacting with anyone else or causing any other kind of disturbance. Would it be possible that she's a deceased relative taking care of you while away from your family? 🤔
oohfreaky (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-21)
silverknight Well almost every student at that boarding school had experienced something at some point and that's why they stayed calm. To them it's just another experience.
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-21)
Hmm your roommates must really be brave to not get scared or panic to tolerate seeing the lady and only acknowledging its presence when you told them about it. It seems like to them, seeing that lady is just nothing surprising at all.
oohfreaky (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-21)
DirtCreature Oh my goodness that's exactly how the bathrooms were in the boarding school and it smelled horrible! And I was confused to why the woman comfort me yet gets me in trouble. I guess she has mixed personalities

Lady-glow I guess they never mention her because they were also scared.

Junglecat I see your point. It is weird for entities to show up when we are more vulnerable.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-20)
I can't imagine why your classmates wouldn't mention this woman to you sooner. There is no reason to think that it was there to comfort you when patting you. We really don't know why it as there. We only know that it was and you were sick. I'm often suspicious of entities that only visit us at night, when we are sleeping and most vulnerable.
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-20)
[at] ladyglow, I would like to believe yours is the rule and ours were the exception. Maybe it is due to having janitors, it can lead to people to neglect. If you make students clean, I think they are more likely to keep it neat just so there is less work. They should bring that back then!

The rotting teeth woman is a very peculiar personality. Patting your back out of comfort but getting you in trouble at school? Sending mixed messages.
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-20)
i can see there are many people who try to get rid of unknown entities. Just prepare dosa, vadai and Sambar and that will help.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-19)
Aw! Oohfreaky and DirtCreauture - I guess I was lucky... In my elementary school, the students from grades 3 to 6 were in charge of cleaning the washrooms during recess time. Those were the cleanest restrooms I ever saw during my life as a student. I have seen my share of dirty washrooms but, I'm afraid (or, better said, thankful), never came across anything as disgusting as you describe (knock on wood!). 😜

Oohfreaky - it's upsetting that your roommates didn't mention the woman seating at beside and patting your back; it almost seems like she was concerned about your welfare.
Didn't any of the other girls get afraid of her?🤔
DirtCreature (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-19)
If there was one thing I learned in my school when younger was how disgusting girls are in the bathrooms. Toilets filled with blood and fecal matter, dirty sinks and counters covered with water. They would never wrap their pads or tampons in tissues or would put them in the toilet. Wetting paper towels and turning them into balls and sticking them to the ceilings. Oh my and the pee on toilet seats. So, oohfreaky, I identify with your nasty bathroom situation. High school was clean. But middle and elementary school was like before the girls took the whole hygiene and dignity thing to heart. I am having terrible flashbacks!
oohfreaky (3 stories) (8 posts)
-1
5 years ago (2019-03-19)
lady-glow I actually didn't like to eat back then so I was very weak and had very little energy so there are times where I couldn't really move. I didn't attend class that day and there were lights from outside the building so that's how I could see the woman's face. And unfortunately, the girls just throw their pads around the bathroom and it never gets cleaned up and the girls all goes downstairs where they get checked to see if they actually have their periods. I'm sorry for the confusion and I hope I answered your questions.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-18)
Hmmm...?

"I was extremely sick that it was hard for me to move around... Teachers didn't believe when students were sick most of the time"

How sick were you and what were your symptoms? I know kids can be sneaky but, surely, some illnesses can not be faked nor hidden. Besides, for safety reasons and in order to prevent the spread of any contagious disease, the school should take the due precautions when one student is sick, or so I assume.

Did you attend class during the day or did you stay in bed all day? If the former, didn't the teacher/s notice your state?, if the latter, didn't anyone notice your absence?

Did you have a fever? Could the lady-in-need-of-a-dentist, or the whole episode, have been a hallucination? If the lights were off, how did you manage to see the color of the woman's teeth?

According to "Islamic Perspective on Menstruation" (http://www.themodernreligion.com/women/w_menses.htm)

"A woman who is in her monthly cycle cannot:

1. Perform the five prescribed prayers (Salat al Fard) (prayers missed due to menstruation do not have to be made up) "

Why would the girls in their period would have to go to prayer instead of being excused?

I find the plot of your story too questionable, specially the part where "that bathroom tends to be littered with pads"... I hope you mean the pads were in trashcans and not on the floor, I would expect any girl to be more discreet and considerate toward the people around her when disposing of her soiled feminine napkins.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: