You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Lemp Mansion EVP

Real Ghost Stories

Lemp Mansion EVP

 

My fiance and I spent the night at the Lemp Mansion, of all days on Friday the 13th. I have always never believed in the ghost stories and shows on tv, but after my nights stay I would have to say I am a little more curious. We were at the top of the main staircase when we saw the rug on the wall move. So I went over and see whether its the air from the vent or if its a "ghost". So I blow on the rug and see how it reacts to little air movement. As I am blowing on it, the light at the top of the stairs began to flicker, and stopped once I stopped blowing. My fiance started recording asking if the lady in the picture behind her didn't like me messing with the rug. At the end of the recording you can clearly hear a voice say "NO, I'm right behind you". Still gives me the chills.

Amplified by Ryan Cunningham 5

I partially amplified the sound to clearly hear "I am right behind you".

After we took a stroll around the house to see if we could get anymore recordings. We went strait down to the cellar, I figured it would be the best place to capture something. Although we go no useful audio, I have to say the moment my foot landed at the bottom of the stairs the hair on the back of my neck stood strait up. Its hard to say if it was energy or whatever these paranormal investigators call it, but it was defiently an overwhelming feeling. I think my fiance and I are going to visit a few more places to see if we can't make a true believer out of me. Visit the web address shown above for our EVP.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, recf25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-29)
recf25 that sounds like a man's voice to me, what a great EVP! When you said you went down in the cellar do you mean the basement? My family and I went on a tour of the Mansion and I got a very bad feeling from the basement too.
recf25 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Thanks for the heads up Nysa. As far as the owners looking for opportunities, wouldn't we be able to hear the voice while recording? Dont get me wrong, I have looked for every possible explination and it just doesn't make sense because I was on the stairs and was able to see below the staircase when this all happened.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Hmm without the building being cleared of living people it's hard to be sure that what was recorded had a paranormal source. Standing at the top of a staircase you might not know if someone was just below, especially if you are distracted by a flickering light & unexplained movement. It's always possible that the owners saw am opportunity to make a reputation for their B&B. But whenever you hear something that you don't know the source of it makes you wonder. If you go to Bachelor's Cemetery at night be aware there is a good chance you will be arrested, local law enforcement has a low tolerance for nighttime visitors & they keep a pretty close eye on it.
recf25 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
There was a family staying in the mansion as well, but they were asleep when we were looking around (they had little kids so they turned in early). No one was around us and we saw no one on our walk through the house. We plan on visiting bachelors cemetery here in Chicago soon. Will post all our findings if we get any! Thanks everyone for commenting!
animefreak (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Behind You!
That Must Of Been Quiet the Spooky Experience
I Hope To hear More From You And More EPV's
Like Nysa Said Was the place empty?
Or Anyone There with you? ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Hi recf25, Thank you so much for sharing your story and evp with us. I was able to hear the statement: "No I'm right behind you" pretty clear. This was a great catch! I look forward to seeing/hearing any other phenomina you may catch in the future. Good luck, and take care 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Was the place empty except for the two of you when you recorded the EVP?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: