You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Evps In My Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Evps In My Apartment

 

I've always had a connection to the other side since I was a child. Can see, hear, feel Spirits. I lost a great deal of family and friends since I was 19 including my mom. I knew about evp, but never officially tried it. Well about a year ago I tried it. I get all these voices. Men, women, really don't know who they are. Some are soft and hard to hear and others are loud! But they won't tell me who they are really. I don't feel scared tho. I've heard one name and it said Zak which is an ex of mine of committed suicide few years back. Just not sure if I should keep doing this or stop. I don't want to open the door for anything else. I've blessed or cleansed my apartment with sage and palo santo wood as well as myself.

This morning when I touched my alarm clock I was recording and very loud they said hurry up now and you hear laughing. Just blows my mind! Just curious if anyone else out there has ever experienced this and what did you do? Other voices in past said like ok in response to questions I was asking. When I would describe the image I saw in my minds eye about what they looked like, the man said that's right! So they are intelligent responses. Now as far as physical activity I just hear few noises here and there. Lights go on and off on occasion, but it's an old apartment building. And others could make noises so it's hard to debunk that. But the voices I can't. Because I don't hear them when recording obviously! Anyways would love the feedback on this matter! Thanks so much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissWhite, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
Knowledge is power and I don't think you should ever be afraid to investigate so long as you go into the process with a heavy dose of respect for the unknown and as much information as you can get. That in mind, hit the books - to be sure there is information to be had at your local library, look up local spiritualist churches and even new age stores (my area has cropped up with a real rash of them of late, odd but very neat) - all may well have useful information for you. Most importantly, make sure you have done your homework on how to proceed with the highest degree of safety for yourself and your surroundings.

One note of caution - you have gone through so much loss in your young life, there's no way all of that hasn't had some effect on you. Take care of yourself and be aware of your own emotional hurts and needs. Make sure that you aren't doing this in an attempt to live in the past. The people you lost are now indelibly part of your past but you are now and you will be the one stepping into tomorrow. ❤
Brandywine (1 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hello, I see you live in Oklahoma in an apartment, and I too live in Oklahoma in an apartment. Not asking for your address, but can you tell me what city you are in or near, as we may be in the same complex. I have been in the apt. I'm in just over three years and believe I've experienced paranormal activity here too. Never have heard of evps but I'd like to caution you to be careful. At one time I was in the hosp. And had to have someone come to the apt. To get me some clean clothes. She came by herself and said while here she knew she was not alone. I've known for some time I'm not here alone.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
It sounds like you have the traits of a spiritual medium. I might seek out someone who is a verified spiritual medium and compare notes. One does not always have a choice in the matter of whether they can inherit these supernatural traits. Often, the phenomena chooses you. Very interesting.
MissWhite (1 stories) (1 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
Thank you all for the feed back! I do use a actual hand held recorder, then I upload it to an app so I can enhance the aduio or clean it up. I know evps are not 100%. I do still have some of them. I will see if I can add them!
MrsRamsay (guest)
+6
4 years ago (2020-02-23)
Miss White, I'm so sorry about all your losses. Please know you are not alone. I've also lost many loved ones, and have had many things happen that are out of the ordinary. I think now I can even identify how the air feels now, just before something strange is about to happen, I know, it's weird. I'm a completely normal mom of four, with a decent job and a very busy life, and found this website due to curiosity about my own experiences.

I don't mean to necessarily offer you advice, but I will share my own rationale. I have tried EVPs three times. Once at another location (because I felt that "feeling"). The first time I did it, though no one really saw me, it felt a little embarrassing. But I got at least three, maybe four voices that responded to things I said. I also got sounds that resonated the way artillery would sound (I was on a battlefield). I was amazed, to say the least. Two other times I did this at my own home. Once I got nothing. The other time I got some strange stuff. I was asking questions, specifically I thought I could feel my mom there with me. My gas stove, which will click on its own from time to time (you know that electric starter thing?) could only be heard ON MY RECORDING, not in person while I was recording. But there was also a weird little voice, that did not really sound human. Or maybe it was somewhat like a baby. In any case, I decided at that time that I did not want to mess with EVPs. Guess I just think, why go there. I'm not trying to be an investigator and don't want to bring that world into my home. We'll never know for sure what we're dealing with, and I know less than most about the paranormal. I'd rather keep it in movies though. I am to the point that I will not listen to an EVP out loud, but only through earphones. Something tells me that when they know you can hear or see them, they perk up and pay attention to you. Not wanting that!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-22)
MissWhite - To be more clear, I mean we were using cell phones.

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-22)
MissWhite - Which type of EVP recorder do you use? I know very little about EVP recorders and have been told that many of the cheaper models and cellphone recorders are not accurate.

I went on a fun ghost hunting trip about a week ago and we were told which apps to use to get EVP recordings. I found this interesting and fun but didn't place much store by it.

You might have a top quality recorder, so please don't think I'm knocking the results which you receive.

Regards, Melda
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-22)
Hello MissWhite and welcome to YGS,

This is interesting.

Do you still have some of these EVP recordings? If you do, can you upload any of them to a file sharing site?

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: