You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Evp Warning - My Story

Real Ghost Stories

Evp Warning - My Story

 

Hey everyone, my name is Brian, I'm 38 and from South Jersey near AC. Just thought I'd share a little of the story of what my life has been like recently and to give you an example of the dangers of EVP.

I was studying the paranormal for awhile and was dabbling in EVP in my own home for a couple of months last winter. It took awhile before I had any successful captures on my recordings, but once it started, I quickly tuned into hearing spirit, until pretty much every recording I did, no matter where I was, was filled with EVPs, most of them very faint, but several very clear Class A's.

At first the voices that I was recording were benevolent enough but within a few months the nature of my recordings changed and became more and more filled with insults, profanity and threats against me. Once this got to the point where it was basically all that I heard, I decided to give up on doing EVP completely, but unfortunately it wasn't that easy.

Within days of walking away from it (or so I hoped) I began to hear voices through various background noises such as fans, air conditioners, my computer fan, my television. It started out sporadic, but as the weeks went by, it became worse. I was at a point where I was hearing the voices come through pretty much any steady background noise, and they weren't kind either. It was the same heckler voices that had taken over my recordings.

Then one day in the early Spring the stuff really hit the fan. Over the course of a single day, I began hearing the voices all around me, not just through the noise anymore but everywhere, some even seemed to originate from within my head. The situation was terrible, I was even hearing them over the sound of wind which is so bad it sounded like I was being ridiculed and laughed at by an entire sports stadium.

It wasn't just the voices either. Within a short time, I began feeling physical sensations, pokes and jabs to my lower back as I lay in bed and a strange vibration feeling that moved across my body. Once the voices started, they never stopped. I hear them pretty much every waking moment.

I can't get to sleep without sleeping pills, my life completely fell apart for the first few months. I almost lost my job because I was calling out so much. I just lay in bed all day becoming a total vegetable, the voices and sensations are still relentless today but in a sad way I'm learning to adapt. Now I can't even remember what it was like not to hear them constantly...

You all can choose to believe me or not, it's your decision. I just wanted to say that messing around with EVP was the single worst mistake in my entire life. Any normalcy in my life is shattered, I have to deal with this every moment of everyday now when I'm awake and I see no end in sight. I just wanted to let you all know, there is a serious, serious danger to messing around with this stuff. The entities that we contact through EVP, or at least some of them, do not want us knowing about them, and they will come after us if they can.

Brian E.

New Jersey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jerseyguy77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Silentwings (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Brian, I am sorry this is happening to you. Unfortunately once we open our minds to the spiritual realm it's hard to not pay attention to everything around us. That's why we have to shield ourselves, especially our mind. Also a cleansing in your home could help greatly, Using white sage in every room opening your doors and windows letting in natural light. Then go to the center of your home and light a white candle which reprensts purity or dragons blood, or sandle wood incense in your home can help bring a sense of peace. Also when you start hearing the voices in your head or closely around you, imagine a white light forming in your mind that slowly starts spreading through out your body and around yourself. It's a form of a shielding and it should help keep things out and you balanced.

Peace and light to you.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Brian your story sounds like something from the movie "White Noise", I truly understand the outcome from dabbling with the paranormal. I wasn't in tune with the unknown until 2008, I had experiences before but never attempted to search out... I started doing a lot of reading on techniques to find the energy of an entity one being dowsing rods, I made my own by using wire coat hangers, the whole thing totally went south, because the one entity that was in my home at that time wasn't to thrilled I found him. I guess I provoked him, but it lead to some things that in turn had me in fear for myself and the people whom lived with me; my friend got possessed by this entity, So I stopped messing with those rods and had my house blessed. I have learned that sometimes when you go searching for things you might not like what you find. I do hope that you situation gets better, and you find a solution to your problem.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
There are youtube videos and recording of what this sounds like to people who experience it... Sometimes murmuring, cacophony or paranoid suggestions, like, "That person is going to hurt you! Hit them!" Supposedly an imbalance of brain chemistry, but which comes first, the imbalance or the voices? And, often, there seems to be a spiritual component to it all... Please get help.
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
I feel sorry for you... But just pray to God & try to avoid the noises, as if you did not hear it... I know it's not possible but try it... That might work some day... Just pray to God every day without fail. Always remember, there is a power above every evil power, that will help you some day... God Bless! ❤ 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Pretty sure I'm going to regret this, but here goes. Not all EVP experiences are bad. I'm speaking from personal experience. I have held/conducted/done (whatever word you want to use) EVPS in several homes I've lived in, including the one I own now. I've never had the hint of something bad during or after.
lawluck1 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Hey buddy I want to tell you about my friend scott. They messed with evp haunted houses the entire ball of wax. They had a paranormal club. At of five guys he was the only one that got haunted after the fact. We finally got him help he had physiological problems. Its now treated with medicine he is doing great. The doctor believes he had a suggestive break caused by his belief in the paranormal. Now I am saying this is what's happening to you God knows what's out there but like the other fellar said it couldn't hurt to get evaluated.
kathyamen (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Brian you should move out of the house and leave all of that behind. Also go to a hot springs or sweat lodge and cleanse yourself so they don't attach themselves to you.
kathyamen (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
I believe you something like this happened to me and my boyfriend... Really bad stuff happened and we had to move out of the house. Worst experience of my life, no sleep for two months. Our landlord is now suing us. We used the St. Michaels as well and candles and had the house blessed with no relief. We had lights exploding, water pipes exploded twice in the bathroom, candle sticks falling at our heads ondifferent occasions, a menu board in my kitchen flew across the room. Lots of voices and KITTY litter of all things and coughed up hairballs and we had no cat or litter box. The litter in one of the bedrooms kept multiplying even though vaccuuming it up, more came. We had stuff manifesting itself. Sorry to freak everyone out but we didn't know what to do and moved the hell out of the house. We too had voices all night, low murmered conversations and awomans voice talking. Lots more but wanted you to know that you are not alone and good luck to you.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Hi Brian,

What you have described details many symptoms of a number of mental illnesses and/or anxiety disorders. One of which you may be suffering from. In the interest of your own peace of mind, and peace from these voices, or voice, I urge you to explore all avenues of possibility, including physical causes.
I hope I haven't offended you, in all likelihood this may be paranormal, but in case it isn't, I would hate to have not spoken up and for you to go on suffering or getting used to this. No one should put up with what you're going through.
Also, I would ask if you've ever done a cleanse/shield but it seems you've deleted your account. So I'll leave a link here for you to check:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Please take care, wish you all the best.
Caz (342 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Brian...Google 'The Michael Invocation' and say it out loud! You don't have to be religious...I'm not, but it's worked for me more than once!
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
wow, what a bad one. Hope you will get normal again soon. There are some people where I work that are doing paranormal investigations. I worry about them and told them they should probably leave off doing paranormal as I didn, t have a good feeling about it, but, everyone gotta tread their own path!
nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Im sorry hear you are going through this Brian. I really hope you can get past this and have a chance at normality again.❤
Goggzy (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Did you ever use a emf (k2) meter, this seems a bit like high emfs this can cause skin irritation,, dizziness, paranoia and worst cases with hyper sensitive to emfs this can cause hallucinations like you have taken drugs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: