You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Be Quiet!

Real Ghost Stories

Be Quiet!

 

This encounter happened a few weeks after our first one. My brother william had gone out with friends and my parents were at work so I was alone. I didn't mind it very much. It was getting late so I decided to make myself food and watch tv. While I was watching tv, I heard one of the bedroom doors slam. I had thought it was Will, so I had ignored it.

About fifteen minutes passed and I heard a door slam and lots of chattering. I was trying to watch the show and the noise bothered me so I yelled, "Shut up!" It stopped for a while and then something got thrown. I thought maybe Will was playing soccer in his room again and I turned up the volume. As soon as the volume reached 54, Will came through the door. "Turn it down you can hear it from far away..." I turned off the tv, and noticed that he had been out the whole time. But as I was going downstairs, a book had evidently made its way to the bottom of the staircase. I noticed that the book didn't belong to me and that I had never seen it. I picked it up and William saw that I had it. He grabbed it out of my hand, "Why are you touching my stuff?" I replied, "I'm not, it was on the floor here, someone threw it while I was watching tv..." He gave me a look of disbelief.

After about three weeks William also started to hear chattering, the same chattering that I had heard. Will called me and I ran upstairs to see where it was coming from but it just faded away. I suppose it was coming from Will's room because he said that he heard moving in his closet and someone talking. We made my mom check the closet more than ten times, and we still couldn't find anything.

For at least a week Will slept in my room because he said people were talking in his room. Even now, you can sometimes hear the voices but we don't really know where it is coming from. The only thing that I don't understand is why the book was thrown down the stairs. I guess because the person wanted me to be quiet too. I don't even know.

Other hauntings by Seatle_Love_123

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Seatle_Love_123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sealion (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Maybe the ghost threw the book because he/she thought you told them to shut up. Idk, but I totaly believe you! I've had MANY personal expirences, even ones on video. Hope this explains a little ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Maybe you right they probley want you to be quiet too and also Glad I can't hear cause I am deaf expect I can smell and see but I hear if I have my hearing aids on to hear them... Thanks for let me read your story... I do believe you, I have no idea why they won't go to the light.
kokumi (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Hello seattle_love_123,

That's a bit scary, but I think it can be solved and it looks like other people have given good advice. Try saying a little prayer for those in Will's room if it will help. Have a nice day. 😊
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hi When your alone strange things happen there unlikely to happen when there is more people in the house. Its a bit annoying actually. 😐 the chattering could be spirits/ghosts I would say. I heard a little girl's voice last week I had to put up with it until my dad started shouting cause that little girl made a bang and I got the blame. Then she disappeared.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I enjoyed reading it. I know what your going through.
casildomaracas (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Hello,

I have no idea when you wrote this 3 stories that happened to you while living in Oaxaca. I did live in Oaxaca for some years too and, as a matter of fact, I lived just in front of the Iglesia de Santo Domingo. I think I did experience supranatural things but I always thought those were dreams (I rather chose that).

I wanted to write an article about exactly these things that happen so often in Oaxaca, and since you live there now, probably you could help me out with some web sites or contacts. I met people who really lived together with the 'fantasmas' o 'muertos' (always good ones) and they told me these fantastic stories. I do not remember their names or have any contact with them.
I 100% believe this happen to you, and wether coincidences or not, thos things certainly happen in OAXACA, MEXICO.
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
Is it possible if she's a teenager that this might be something like a poltergeist? Not so sure though seeing as there's chattering and her brother is also experiencing people talking in his bedroom. Hm. Strange. Hope all is well now.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
Dear Seatle,

It is quite possible that the entity wanted to let you know that it was aware of you and throwing the book was a way of letting you know of its presence. Ghosts or spirits are generally not as expressive nor are they all outwardly mean. Many just want human beings to know that they exist and are aware of them. Many do not mean harm, while there are those who are pranksters and some who can be mean. These types of entities were usually abusively and physically expressive or mean when they were alive. Just because they are dead does not mean they become angelic or change for the better. One would not put up with the poor manners and behavior of living human beings, then one should also not have to put up with mean spirited entities.

I would say if an incident only happened once or maybe twice, and one feels safe and secure, there is no reason to believe the entity is violent or out to harm living human beings. They are most likely looking for attention, just like living human beings like attention and will do expressive things to get it.

Remember when dealing with beings to treat them as you would any other who would step into your life and space, with respect, but also with common sense and letting them know that you are empowered and have boundaries with consequences. And... Stick to your guns. One's fear, anger and other chaotic emotion and imbalance can only add fuel to the fire and give the entity more undeserved energy to manifest more pranks or mean physical expressions. If one is at peace in one's own foundation and belief system then it will make it more difficult for others living or dead, human or not to produce negative energy into one's life and space. Blessings, Abby
Seatle_Love_123 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
Dear Abby,

I'm wanting to know why the book was thrown down the stairs, do you think because it was mad at me for yelling at it?
asje (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
I used to live next to a house with such activities. My neighbors (an elderly couple with no kids) would be out of town and still we heard chattering and soft music at night coming from their house, as if there was a party going on. The first time I set foot in that house I instantly got the overwhelming feeling that the house was 'over-crowded'. It was like I was standing in a very large crowd. I never went there again.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
Dear Seatle,

Living in a haunted dwelling can be irritating at best and sometimes scary at its worst. Yet, in general terms, most earthbound dead human beings are quite boring and mundane, as they were in life. Once in awhile they will throw something, but it takes a lot of energy to muster up and manifest for most, unless of course the resident of the said dwelling may be feeding the uninvited guest their life energy and helping along the poltergeist type of activity. If you draw your boundaries within your own belief system and your own foundation, such dead human beings will not cross those boundaries or get in that closed door. One has options to choose to live with them, send them on with unconditional love or move. One needs to use common sense.--Abby
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
dont shout at them because they could get aggresive, just tell them that theyre scaring your brother and ask them to stop, or go into the light (i'm not sure if that one works or not)
hope that helped
haz 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: