You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Quiet Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Quiet Hauntings

 

My husband and I recently moved into this home a little less than a year ago, and I, primarily, have experienced some activity. We have two children and my daughter, being three, has always seemed to "interact" with something or someone, since before she was able to walk. My grandmother, who raised me and was very close to my son who is now six, passed away in July of 2001. Unfortunately, she didn't have the chance to build the same bond with my daughter as she had with my son, since her last year here on earth she was very ill. I am not sure if this presence I feel is her or not, but I strongly feel as though something or someone is here with us. The previous occupants of this home were my husband's sister, her husband and their three kids. When I spoke to my sister-in-law about the recent events, she told me that they had experienced nothing at all while living here. And, to say the least, if she had, they would have left immediately. Me, on the other hand, and fascinated by all realms of the paranormal and am much more open minded, and accepting of the idea. Both my children being born on the 13th of April and June, I smile at the "bad luck number 13," and wonder sometimes why some people can be so close-minded, if you will, regarding such issues.

It is my mother-in-law's home, who lived here before they did, and has since moved into an apartment, not wanting to deal with all the upkeep of owning a home, so we have taken over the payments. The house was built in the '80s, and although I haven't done any research, nor really felt as though a full blown investigation is necessary at this point, as to the history of the home. So I don't know of any possible background with the house, only knowing that my mother in law bought it from the first family that lived here I think. And that nor her, or my sister and law and her family had ever had any experiences.

The issues I have experienced have been somewhat mundane, compared to others who tell the stories of hauntings in their home. I deal with small issues like: the TV turning off by itself after a brief argument with my husband about watching TV and eating dinner at the same time (I felt as though someone was agreeing with me to say the least), this being the only incident that my husband has experienced. Also, I thought at first I could have been hallucinating, but then it became more regular. I would see out of the corner of my eye something walk past me, varies in size, sometimes being what seems the size of an adult, and more recently smaller, like maybe that of a child, and of course when I would turn to look, nothing was there. Toys in my daughters room would go off (if battery operated) by themselves, and some rattling or shaking by themselves spontaneously late at night when everyone was asleep, me being the only one that would experience these episodes. My daughter will come out of her room laughing and kind of rolling her eyes saying, "Mama, there is a ghost in my room!" At first I doubted her sense to even know what a ghost was, and chocked it up to way too much Scooby-Doo, but then came to the realization that Scooby-Doo probably taught her what a ghost was. This has been a reoccurring event with her; she has talked about ghosts and seeing ghosts since she could talk, never seeming afraid of them, never crying or scared.

I also would see flashes of light in the corner of my eye, and again when I would turn to look I could actually watch for a split second to see them diminish into thin air. That experience leaving the hairs on the back of my neck to stand straight up. Candles seem to flicker wildly when I sit and concentrate about what I am possibly feeling, regarding these issues, or am researching for information on the Internet.

None of this has been negative, and I have not been scared by whatever this is. I have also made it clear to whatever or whoever it is, that I am not afraid and we can share this home, as long as this relationship puts no-one in danger, and we live gracefully amongst one another peacefully.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Stephanal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
Sorry to mention this, but I have to ask before I continue reading. You said: "My grandmother, who raised me and was very close to my son who is now six, passed away in July of 2001." He is now six and she died nine years ago? How could she have been close to your son if he was born in 2003 0r 2004 and she had died way back in 2001?
I'm sure it was a typo, but please explain. Thanks.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
Hi Stephanal! 😁

I just wanted to say that I agree with your statement about people being so close-minded regarding the paranormal. It always burns my butt how some people can say with such certainty that things like this simply DON'T EXIST! Just because THEY PERSONALLY haven't experienced anything "out of the norm" doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There's far too much evidence and unexplainable photographs out there for people to be so close-minded. I wish they would finally WAKE UP and smell the spirits!;) Good luck to you & God bless!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Hello Stephanal, I'm so glad I read your story because I am also a member of the 13 club. LOL 😆 My Grandparents, Mother, and Godmother were all born on the 13th. My mom was acutally born on Friday the 13th. It has always been my lucky number. The presence you feel could very well be your grandmother watching over you and your children. I hope things continue to be peaceful in your home. Thanks for sharing, and take care 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: