You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: A Hauntingly Quiet Night at Brougham Way / Aesthetic Crossroads Gallery

Real Ghost Stories

A Hauntingly Quiet Night at Brougham Way / Aesthetic Crossroads Gallery

 

I heard the reports about this residential haunting and heard that there was a lot of activity coming from this house. I had to check it out and called upon HPI paranormal investigators: Chris Grissom, Debbie Talani, Angel Kesti, psychic Anne Temple. We were equipped with two EMF Readers, 3 digital cameras, 2 Listen Up Sound Enhancers and 3 electronic audio recorders. We all met up at this home and mapped out areas of this home that really needed to be looked at, areas we felt had the most activity. It was November 9, 2007, Friday and besides anticipating the long weekend, I was hoping we would get some nice results for this Friday night. I sat in two closets by myself for a period of 20 minutes each, hoping to capture some kind of photographic evidence or hear something on my Listen Up sound enhancer. I had no results. When interviewing Occupant #1 of this home, she told me that the house is 30 years old. Occupant #1 did some investigating on her own by digging up some old County records. She discovered a man named Harold lived in this house with his Asian bride, he worked as an employee for a computer company. Harold died of heart failure in this home. She believes that Harold still resides in her home, along with a little boy possibly named Stephen and a small girl. Occupant #1 verified that the former occupant's named was Harold from her neighbors.

HPI Group Occupant #1 relates to me that on February 2007, the activity started in their home. They purchased 2 beds from a Thrift shop and believe that the little boy and little girl haunt the beds. Occupant #1's boyfriend has heard footsteps on the stairwell, while Occupant #1 has heard the footsteps that go from the stairwell to the extended kitchen area. One night she heard the footsteps, went down to investigate and opened a door and the footsteps stopped. Occupant #1 started doing her own EVP work and picked up EVPs that say:

EVP: When asked..."how did you die?" Possibly Stephen (boy ghost): "I drowned".

EVP: Strange voices (inaudible).

EVP: The word "Dookie" was recorded.

EVP: Male or female voice: "cold on my body".

EVP: Male or female voice: "so cold in here..."

Occupant #1 said that she had a foster child, and her foster child had a cousin that was into the Goth culture. Many times she caught this Goth oriented child rambling or chanting around the house, which could have brought more activity to their home. This is a theory that was presented to me by Occupant #1. Occupant #1 thought this child was maybe practicing in the mystical arts. Occupant #1 said that some other unusual activity is that the TV would shut off on it's own and once when she was opening the closet a cold gush of cold wind blew out.

Anne Temple, a medium and HPI member, claims she was talking with the little boy named Stephen. It was Anne who discovered the entity's possible full name. Anne elaborates that Stephen's full name is Stephen (middle name maybe Michael) (last name maybe Warner or Warmer). Anne says that Stephen was 10 years old when he drowned at the American River near Folsom. Stephen says he lived in Carmichael and that the bed belongs to him. Stephen parent's names are possibly Nancy and David, the parents may still be alive and may have lived on a street or circle off Winding Way called Steiner? He claims he can't find his way back.

After the investigation, I checked to see if any of the investigators caught any kind of photographic evidence, there was none. Debbie smelled a cookie smell that came from the kitchen and possible cigarette smoke in the bathroom area. No one smokes in this house. Debbie says that she felt a yanking of her hair twice. Anne detected heaviness in the air in one of the closets and felt like Stephen likes to play hide 'n seek with us. Chris didn't feel anything or see anything. I didn't feel anything or see anything.

Later Anne showed Debbie, Angel, Chris and I, on how to see auras that surround peoples' bodies. When testing this experiment out, there seems to be a whiteness around everyone body. Anne claims this is our aura. I wasn't sure if this was the aura I was seeing or a trick of my own eyes. It was an interesting experiment nevertheless.

I heard past EVPs of prior investigations by HPI that were impressive, but on this night, everything seemed relatively quiet. We know this house has lots of ghostly activity, we just didn't capture any this night. This ends this investigation now let me tell you about other HPI events and activities!

Holly DeLaughter, HPI paranormal investigator has created a photo album with images of various investigators on duty, scenes of various places we have investigated, this photo album will be transferred soon to the HPI Meetup site, but for right now, you can stop by and check them out here:

http://3smilingeyes.smugmug.com/gallery/3791745#218778419

Jon Almada, paranormal investigator-in-training for HPI wrote his own report on the Gaines Residence, you can find the information here:

http://paranormal.ghost-rider-investigations.com/article.php?story=20071104100800698

It's funny, when I am busy writing articles, I will get Yahoo instant messenger pop up messages, Chris Grissom will update me on some of his HPI projects and buzz the bell on my Yahoo Messenger which practically makes me jump out of my seat and I reply to him..."I don't do porn anymore... I don't care if you have your own website with pictures!" Chris gets a good laugh and of course, I am ONLY JOKING! I did get an interesting instant messenger from a lady that calls herself Bianca - The Lady with the Third Eye. She claims she had a vision that when we near the year 2012, the Mayan year of Doomsday, there will be a 'changling' that comes upon the world that will commit heinous crimes of murder and be able to walk away from a murder scene never to be caught. This changling can change from looking like a silver haired man to looking like a high school prom queen. The police will be frowned upon by the public, because they can't capture this serial kille, changling. This will set the motion of disorder in our society. I must admit that this is an interesting story from Bianca and I had to cut her short on the instant messaging, because I had a hard time swallowing her visional tale of the Apocalypse. Being in the paranormal business, I get all kinds of strange calls, emails and instant messages. This was just one of many.

If you haven't had a chance to look at some of our cool paranormal investigative photos, some of them have been posted at our HPI Meetup site, which can be found here:

http://ghosts.meetup.com/231/photos and of course at our website http://www.HPIparanormal.net

Now let's move onto the next day...

Paul Angel's Gallery Today is Saturday, November 10, 2007 and things are going to liven up with HPI. At 5:30pm I am heading over to the grand opening of Aesthetic Crossroads Gallery, 1901 8th Street (8th and S Street), this is where Shannon 'Ms. Macabre' McCabe is putting on an event to promote the place where she works, A Florist Naturally www.afloristnaturally.com and the new art gallery/ wine bar. When arriving I was greeted by fellow paranormal investigators: Donna Reynolds, Carol Gillis, Debbie Talani, Shannon McCabe, Holly DeLaughter. The atmosphere was lively, Martin Purtill was belting out mellow folk songs, while potential clients were feasting on the various types of cheese, crackers and wine. I was amazed at all of the gorgeous artwork in this gallery in which some of the paintings were being sold for astronomical prices! Shannon took me around and introduced me to some of the people at this gallery. There were two ladies that really stood out during my introductions one was Lyn Asio, the owner of the gallery/ wine bar. She explained to me her success story with this gallery, and I could see the passion and enthusiasm in her eyes while she discussed her rise in the art and wine world. Shannon introduced me to her co-worker, Renee Reibel who has the ability of looking at a painting and creating a floral arrangement from the painting. She does this with lightning speed and it was absolutely amazing to watch. Her talent is phenomenal. It was very nice to take a break from ghost hunting and enjoy the festivities at this event. Shannon is one of the greatest event coordinators I have ever met and she is a superb hostess. She makes everyone feel relaxed and comfortable in their surroundings. Shannon walked around with a big beaming smile on her face and wore one of her signature, custom made corsets, that made her definitely stand out in the crowd. I found myself relaxing with a glass of wine, my fellow investigators, and some cheese, as we discussed past cases and upcoming cases. The conversation that we had, excelled when discussing our findings as people not associated with HPI listened on with curiosity. HPI members have a strong bonding and it's not because of the cases we go on, but events like this that enable us to actually get to know each other on a personal level. This creates a bonding so strong, that we have become family.

As I drove home, wouldn't you know it, the song 'We Are Family' by Sister Sledge came on the radio. This event ended a perfect weekend with HPI.

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI and Haunted America Tours Ghostwriter, Ghosthunter

Email: JazmaPika@cs.com

www.hpiparanormal.net

www.hauntedamericatours.com

www.jazmaonline.com

http://www.ghostsandstories.com/paul.html

Paranormal Cellular Hotline: 916 203 7503 (for comments on this story).

If you have a possible investigation call: 1-888-709-4HPI

Other hauntings by PaulDaleRoberts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PaulDaleRoberts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Please excuse me, Paul.

Troyarn,
You may not enjoy reading through these stories, and you may not like Pauls style, but please, let's stop the belittling comments. It really is very unbecoming and we DO try to respect everyone on this site. If you do not like the author, just stay off his page.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
As always, another truly interesting story, Paul. It is always good to hear when investigators go someplace and have problems getting anything on tape, that just proves that ghosts do not perform on command, as some would try to have us believe. I agree with Bellissima, "Quiet Night" was a bit chilling. Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Hi again, Paul! As always, I really enjoyed your accounts of your investigation. The facts on the 'Quiet Night' story are great. The ladies sound as if they know a little something about investigating. I have to say, I've been impressed with some footage of spirits or spiritual activity that I've seen, but, those EVP's really give me the chills. They never fail to make the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I love it! Will you be going back to the Brougham Way house? I'd love to hear about it. Thanks so much for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: