You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Old Lady With The Blanket

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Lady With The Blanket

 

First, this story was told to me by my father and is 100% true and second, this happened in Philippi, West Virginia. This happened in my father's house, in his bed room with his friend.

My dad was a teenager and one night he decided to let his friend (boy) sleep over at his house. So after hanging out all day, they decided that it was time for them to go to bed.

As they were lying there trying to get to sleep, my dad told his friend that he was cold. As soon as he said this, he suddenly saw an old lady that resembled his great-grandmother (on his mother's side) walking toward him with a blanket. (That same great-grandmother died on the bed that he and his friend were on.) She also had light-gray hair like his great-grandmother.

When she walked up to him, she was holding the blanket over her face to where he could just see her eyes and her hair. She then threw the blanket over them, and the blanket just disappeared over them. My dad said that this is something she would have done if she were alive because she was a very nice woman. She would even keep the front door open at dinner time so that anyone who did not have anything to eat could come in and have dinner with them.

He then looked over to where the woman was standing and she was gone. He looked over at his friend and asked "Did you just see that?" and his friend said that he saw the same thing that my dad saw. They bolted out of the room and downstairs where he told his mom what had happened.

Many other things also happened in that room, but I will save those stories for later posts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TechnoDawg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
He said no, because worse things have happened since then... He said since he has looked at the spiritual side of this, he had come to realize that this thing may not have been his great-grandmother...but something else...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
TechnoDawg: LOL That's a pretty common reaction...Fortunately, I think, most of us who've been told it's our imagination, etc have learned to be different with our own kids...We've learned to actually listen to them, help them investigate and possibly debunk their experiences; but most importantly we believe them...

I think this was a cool experience for your Dad...I'm wondering how he feels about it now that the years have passed... Does he regret getting scared and running away, and would he run away if the same thing happened tonight? 😆
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
When he told his mom about what happened she didn't believe him.
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
zzsgranny, He did not tell me what his mom's reaction was, but I will ask him. And she did really keep the front door open... It was not a figure of speech, lol and quite a few people cam in to get something to eat. It was his mother's grandmother. 😊
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
I think it is beautiful that she is still showing how much she cares and wants to keep in touch with him.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Techno,
What a comfortable feeling to think his granny was still watching over him. We never know who is with us, we just can't see them.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
TechnoDawg: I'm interested in his Mother's reaction, also... Would this have been her Grandmother, or his Father's?...

I think you may have misinterpreted your Dad... Did he say that "her door was always open to those who were hungry"?...If so, that's just a figure of speech meaning she was a generous person would feed any one who needed it... It would be really interesting if she did actually leave her door wide open though! 😊

Thank you for posting!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
TechnoDawg - has your dad said whether or not he ever saw his great-grandmother again? And I can't help but wonder what his mom's reaction was when he and his friend told her what they saw.

Thanks for submitting your story.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Good story, though I think it is sad your dad and friend got afraid of great-grandma's concern... But who wouldn't knowing she was not alive 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: