You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Life Long Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Life Long Experience

 

It started when I was about 16 shortly after my mother and grandmother passed. They both passed away from terminal illnesses 9 months apart. The house I grew up in was a very old farm house.

The first odd things that started to happen were I would hear knocks on the windows and knocks on the walls. Which at first I just dismissed being an old house. That continued off and on for a few months. My dog that I had at the time would stare at nothing and growl. I would walk into the kitchen and every cabinet door would be open, this happened several times over a year and a half. A few times we had a ceiling fan that would spin and the light would flicker, even though the fan was not connected to electricity the wires were hanging down from it. I would be asleep in my room and I would feel something grab my foot, I would awake and nothing was there but it would be really cold. No one else experienced this, since I was an only child and my father was rarely home due to his job.

My father remarried and we moved and it seemed to stop other than still having my foot grabbed, Not every night but a few times a month. While living with my ex husband I would constantly see a shadow move out of the corner of my eye. I would feel something watching me all the time. I never felt "safe" and I am a combat veteran so it makes me feel a little silly to not feel safe in my own home. My Husband and I got divorced and I moved out. I felt a little better but still felt watched.

Then a few months later I was again feeling my foot grabbed every night for two weeks straight. I was at my boyfriends house during those two weeks not living there just staying the night. I never said anything to him until we were sitting in his living talking about a recent argument I had gotten into with my father about some family issues. When we both heard this hiss but almost a growl coming from the corner like I have never heard before. Scared the crap out of both of us. The tv nor the radio were on at the time.

Ever since that night the feeling of being watched and the shadows out of the corner of my eye have gotten worse. We were in his garage smoking a cig and when we returned inside it felt as though someone was right behind me and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I didn't say anything again for fear of being called paranoid until he told me the next day he felt the same thing.

Now it doesn't matter what house I'm in, his or mine, I feel watched and threatend. I don't have a mental illness, nor does it run in my family. I just want this whatever it is to leave me alone. I could say that the frequency that these things have happened to me have always increased when I have had an argument with someone or have been upset. I have lived with this most of my life as I am now near 30. I never got really worried about it until it bothered someone else. I don't want him to have to deal with this too.

I guess I am posting this hoping someone knows what this is and how to get rid of it.

Thank You

Amanda

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, daisymae214, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
daisymae,
Fairly sound advice you have received here. It does sound as if you have an attachment, and it also feels the need to assert itself when you are most vulnerable. Your assertion that as a combat veteran you feel silly being scared. Truth of the matter, regardless of whether it shows or not, fear manifests into self-preservation and although many heroic sacrifices have been made by many, fear should be used as a motivational tool, and not regarded as a weakness.
Rook's cleansing recipe could work well to provide you safe haven and is definitely worth trying, but I doubt it will make this presence go away entirely.
In my opinion you have two choices. Steel yourself against its effects and ignore it completely... The noises, the feelings, the touches, all of it. If getting a response from you is what it thrives on; take that away. Your obvious concern will then turn to those around you. If it continues to affect them; it will use them to force you to acknowledge it.
I have had experiences, and have grown comfortable in what I've experienced, to the degree that you can... So my tact would be to address this entity directly. Let it know that you are aware of it and start laying down some ground rules. You have to believe that you are allowing it its existence with you, and that you can make it leave if you want it gone... And you need to let it know that. It should not be allowed to scare you or manipulate you in any way... If addressing it escalates the activity, you can make it leave by force if necessary.

Lou

Side note: an9e1eyz24, glad to hear things are improving for you... Keep us posted.:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
First of all, you mentioned that you felt silly for not feeling safe or scared because you were a veteran. That is where you are wrong. No matter who we are and what we do, we are all human beings and fear is an emotion that everyone has. Being a veteran has probably made you stronger than most of us but that doesn't change that fact that you are in a position where you feel threatened. Veteran or not, you should have the right to feel safe like the rest of us.

As for helping you, I would be able to tell you if it's a demon or an angry ghost that is haunting you but what I got from your post is that it has attached itself to you as a person instead of a certain place. I'm going to suggest you try Rook's cleansing process. It's good for places and I believe it's good for spirits that are attached to people also. I suggest do it at your place and your boyfriend's place. It might take several tries before it becomes sound proof.

Temilicious made a good point about the evil feeding off of negative emotions. I think that's why you feel it the strongest during and after a fight or argument. I suggest creating positive energy as much as possible. Have a party of sorts at either your house or your boyfriends (it'll harder for a spirit/ ghost demon to feed of the negative energy, if more positive energy is created). Also, I suggest mediating. While mediating, I suggest creating a white light around you and pushing it to everyone and everything in you place of residence (yours and your boyfriends).

Since your boyfriend has also felt this entity, I suggest he join you in either the mediation and / or the Rook's cleansing (I suggest both).

What I have suggested are all free of any religion and based on positive energy. It can be adapted to whatever religious beliefs you have. This last suggestion is if you and your boyfriend believe in the power of prayer. In whatever faith you believe in I would start praying everyday before you go to bed and when you get up. A prayer of protection would be great. If you don't know of any, you can always go to whatever Holy Book you read to get that.

These are all suggestions that I have. You don't have to try all of them, just choose whatever you are comfortable with.

Keep everyone posted on what is going on.
Thanks with love
Geetha
an9e1eyz24 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
I have a lot of the same experiences. I have read that if you acknowledge the entities they can get stronger based on your energies. The more you direct to them the more empowered they can be. I also heard that drinking can weaken yourself and they are more likely to use your energies in that vulnerable state. I am still trying to figure out my ghosts and visions, but am told I too may be a medium and if you look on my comments to my story, I have had some very good cleansing procedures posted by others that may help you cleanse yourself and protect you from the spirits or whatever they are! I am not a huge Christian but I find myself praying a lot and it really makes a difference. I am finding religion more and more in my life now and it really feels good. Good luck!
MrMcmigedy (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
The best thing to do about feeling threatened is to not panic. Do the best you can to distract yourself from this thing, and ignore it as much as possible. If this is an evil entity, or worse, and you're constantly giving attention to this thing your feeding it negative energy. This could be used againsr you. So just ignore this as much as possible, act like it doesn't even exist. I'm a medium so I know what I'm talking about. Hope this helps. Best of luck

-MrMcmigedy
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
that's scary... I don't have any sound advice to give you unfortunately but you came to the right place because there are a lot of people on this site who can and will help you.
I think, and I may be way off here, that it is a bad spirit following you and has nothing to do with your grandma and mother. Evil feeds on negative emotions like grief, depression and anger. I think the haunting started after your close ones' deaths because of all the sorrow that may have surrounded you and now, as you mentioned things intensify after arguments because it's feeding off the negative vibes around you. I know it's not much help but maybe if you imagined yourself surrounded by a warm light, things would lessen.

Hope you find peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: