You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Skeleton, Blanket, Imaginary Friend And Sleep Talk

Real Ghost Stories

Skeleton, Blanket, Imaginary Friend And Sleep Talk

 

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. I am a 16 year old who currently lives in the state of California. I've lived in México about half of my life and I've had experiences there too. I have lots of questions, but the one I really need to get answered is: Are ghosts attracted to certain traits or qualities of certain people?

The majority of the following experiences I've only had in México. These are only some of the experiences I've had and I will post more later.

My grandparents used to live in a small village called San José del Tule located in the state of Jalisco. My mom and I went over there because my grandpa had recently suffered his 4th heart attack and was very ill. We had been living there for a year, so I was three. Anyways, one night, I was getting ready to go asleep, when a skeleton walks into my room. The skeleton had no flesh at all and was about my height (right now I guess it was some kid's skeleton). This walking skeleton came into my room almost, if not every, night and jittered its jaws at me (I don't know if it said anything, I was too scared) and I would run off to fetch an elder, usually my mom, grandma, or grandpa. When I walked back into my room with one of the elders, the skeleton would be gone and I would receive a spanking and be sent to bed, terrified. This happened for about a year until my grandpa came to believe me.

Papa Alfredo (my grandpa) likes sitting out at night and staring into nothingness. Like I said, around a year later, he was sitting outside when he heard something on the roof. Thinking it was a robber, my grandpa naturally went for a flashlight and a gun. He beamed the flashlight on the roof and that's when he saw what's been scaring me for a year. Yep, the skeleton now climbed down from the roof and jittered his jaws at him! He said he was so scared he couldn't react for a while, but that when he started to, the skeleton was already running off into the darkness. We never saw it again.

When I was around 4 and a half, I woke up to a blood-curdling series of screams. The scariest ones I have ever heard. What was strange about these screams was that they were loud enough to wake up the whole village and yet only a few people witnessed it. Even more impressive was the fact that my grandpa (again) and I ran out only to witness that the source of this was what appeared to be a large blanket/carpet like object flying over the village. My grandpa tells me nowadays that it reoccurs every now and then.

This experience, I don't know what to make out of it. Around 5, I met a play-mate in my grandpa's house. Everyday I would talk and play with this being that was invisible to the rest of the world. My mom found this abnormal, so I got sent to a psychiatrist and they told my mom it was normal. They said everyone develops an "imaginary friend" around this age. Well I would play with my friend all day long and we were happy. Well one day he became selfish. He wanted everything to himself and wouldn't share. He started scratching and punching me. I started having scratch marks and bruises and my mom thought I fell or I was doing them to myself for attention. I told her it was my friend and she would not believe me. I went to the psychiatrist and they also thought it was self inflected. But my "friend" started getting more and more violent. He seemed to get happiness from my pain, because he would disorganize my room and I would be forced to clean it. He would laugh his head off. I had lots of bruises and cuts by now and I would only get the blame. Well one day my mom decided to believe me for some reason. She put a camera in my room and taped the clothes and toys moving by their own will. She taped me sleeping peacefully while my clothes started absorbing blood for no reason (well reason being was I was being cut). She freaked. She started looking for "help". She found someone who said that if you scold certain spirits, they go away, which is exactly what she did. She just walked into my room and started scolding the air. I wasn't present at the moment, so I didn't know what occurred until later, when my "friend" didn't show up anymore. Until now, I don't see my friend anymore.

I don't know if this has anything to do with spirits, but I also have entire conversations in my sleep. I've been recorded before and it seems like a normal conversation, like I'm talking to a person right next to me. I only have them on random nights and they seem rational. But, for your information, I'd had these conversations outside of México as well.

Well, those are some of my experiences, most of these in México, and I'll post more of them later. I'm new to this community, but I hope some of you can comment on how your experiences relate, or answer my question, or any other comment is fine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlDaMa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
I'd like to hear some of those conversations.
Very interesting.
WHERE DO ALL THESE SPIRITS COME FROM?
Haha
I'd also like to know more about how you saw the skeleton.
AlDaMa (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
Thanks for the comments you guys (and gals). Based on what I've read so far and the two comments here (special thanks to chopis, Gizmo, and Nighthingale23), I guess I'm sensitive to the paranormal. But since my grandpa has witnessed some stuff too, is it some kind of 'special' trait?

IwanttoHelp, I'll try to find a way to put the recordings on here (they were made with an old-school tape recorder... Maybe use a mic to record the recording on the computer?).

Jitow, I want to tell you exactly what he looks like, but I don't remember him too well and I don't want to lie. But what I do remember perfectly was that to me, he was "real". And by "real", I mean I could feel, I could see, and I could hear him. He wasn't see-through and I believe no one else knew of his true existance until after the horrible scratching and bruising.

Chopis, post up your experiences soon, I will be delighted to read them.

Georgeisalegend, it's ok, but I do hope you have an experience like mine, maybe then you'll believe me. Anyway, you had to have a tiny speck of belief in it in order to read on right? And you still took the time to read the rest of the story and comment. Thank you for the comment and I sure do hope you come to believe in the skeleton one day.

Sundaydrive, thanks for your comment. I am hoping to buy some equipment who's specialty's in that type of footage and night shot capabilities (I don't know at what time the reoccurences are, my experience was at night, so I believe they're at night). If you (or anyone else reading this) know of any good equipment that is kind of cheap (low budget) but still works well, write your e-mail down on here and I'll email you. Then you will be able to experience the "blanket" as well. Which would be awesome because I don't think any videos have been made of it.

Nighthingale23, thanks for answering the question, your comment, and your word of God. I haven't had the time to post more experiences up, but I will soon.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their comments. I hope to post more experiences up soon, but I'm busy with looking up colleges, ACT's, & SAT's. That's the reason I haven't been able to comment back on. I'm trully sorry. Hope you all have a great day and I am looking forward to reading about all your experiences later. 😁
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
Hi AldaMa.

I'd also like to thank you for your story.
I,like some of the previous posters can also relate to a lot of this, I was also raised in a Small Town in Mexico until I was about 11. I gota say these are some chilling accounts... What I see is that maybe you are sensitive when it comes to the spirit world, for some reason spirits or "other" things like to mess with children most of the time, Since you were the most vunerable person they could harm Its easier for them to do what they want. The account of the skelleton seems true to me.
It could have been the spirit of a murdered child trying to tell you something, and the Skeleton might be the only way It could manifest itself as.

As you know Jalisco as many other States in Mexico have a long dark history with a lot of bloodshed thus the reason why so much paranormal activity goes on. Plus most of them are remote places where things can come back and forth as they please. The:"Blanket" incident... I got say. "Wow" to that... Very very strange. You know when I was about 6 one night me and my mother awoke to the "blood curling Scream" or almost like an animals cry, I don't... It was petrifying, we lived at the foot of a Hill in the edge of the town. This Thing's scream's traveled the whole legth of the village, about 20 other people heard it but everyone was too scared to look outside, I wanted too see, but my mom wouldn't let me, you see it was just Her, my 3 other little sisters and Me. So it wasn't such a good idea. To this day nobody knows what it was.

Anyways I'm glad to hear this "friend" of yours left you, always remember that you are not alone, so don't fear these beings, have faith in God. I believe you have an angel that protects you, if only you have faith in him. Take care and I'll look forward to read any other stories you might post.
Suly ❤
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
I can't remember the name of the story on here, but there is another one that described seeing a mobile skeleton. I can only remember the one, but I've not read all the stories on here. And wow. A screaming flying carpet. Any way you could put those video's or recordings on Youtube and post the link on here? That would be great to witness.
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
Wow, hmmm that sure seems like a creepy experience. I'm sorry but I don't believe the part about the skeleton, it just doesn't seem to be real, but the other part about your "friend" that I do believe.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
Oh, and sorry, about your question, I just think you are very open to the paranormal 😳
chopis (78 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
Hi Aldama,

Actually, I think because in Mexico, towns are very, very quiet and after certain hours, streets can be very desolated with poor lighting and stuff, so, guess is not that there's more or lest "ghosts", but maybe people in other countries don't notice them as much... My dad said he saw that horse rider as well as my mother in law, but they used to walk on those fields in the middle of nowhere... And my old housekeeper, she has seen white mists walking on her town late at night... Got to get myself to write my stories soon:)
Be well,

Claudia
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
Hi Aldama,

First of all I want to thank you for sharing your stories with us. You see I can relate to some of your stories. Now your question of why you and your grandpa were the only ones who heard that scream, it could be because something happened where you lived at and since its your territory you were the only ones who heard it, or you have an ability.
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
Cool story. If you can remember please tells us what your imaginary friend looked like. Thanks
IwanttoHelp (24 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
What do you say if you talk in your sleep?
Maybe you were talking with your spirit guide, I can be wrong because I always think of spirit guides:P!
AlDaMa (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Thanks. You kind of answered my question, but then again, the Weeping Lady (La Llorona) is seen at a worldwide level and I do believe she only spotted near water due to knowing two witnesses of her, one of them my grandpa. That's where I base my question out of, because my grandpa, as well as my aunt, have seen a lot of paranormal activity (which I plan to also share after I've shared all of my experiences). Also, like I mentioned in my "blanket" experience, not everyone heard the screams. Why?
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Hello Aldama,

I'm originally from Mexico too and I know what you mean, what intrigues me (and more now that I'm reading stories from, phillipines for example), people from other countries have as we do, their "own" characters, ghosts or hauntings, like we do have a La Llorona, the woman that drowned her kids an go crying (usually near a water source), people from the phillipines have this other "witch" that kills babies (sorry, don't rememeber the name), stories from India etc.etc...here in Canada I don't hear about such strange characters, only regular huntings like someone died or places where have being accidents etc.etc...intriguing...chilling story BTW:)
Thanks for sharing it,

Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: