You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: We Were Lost In The Woods With Murder

Real Ghost Stories

We Were Lost In The Woods With Murder

 

To be honest I'm not sure it was a ghost experience, but maybe someone out there has felt something similar.

It started off as a normal night, so D and I went to a nearby dock to take a walk. We parked on the far end of the parking lot and got out of the car. We were walking parallel to the posts separating the parking lot from the beach in front of it. That's the last thing I remember seeing before I was surrounded by trees. The trees were in the area about 50 yards in front of us.

It felt like I blinked my eyes then I didn't know where I was, why I was there, how I got there or why "this man" (D) was taking me to die. I didn't even know why I thought I was going to die, but just as soon as I saw the trees I felt that if I continued walking in that direction some terrible, terrifying thing would happen. So, for lack of a better word, we ran.

To explain how I felt in those woods is nearly impossible but I'm going to try. I felt lost, and filled with fear. I thought D, my love of many years, was leading me into the woods to die. I was surrounded by overwhelming fear.

The terror followed us all the way back to where we were staying. Even recounting it now makes me shaky and nervous.

After we got back and were a little calmed down, D and I asked each other what happened. He informed me that he didn't know what happened; all of a sudden he was surrounded by trees. I hadn't even told him. I mentioned the terror I felt and he immediately agreed.

The only thing I know is that it will be some time before I can go back there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smilemaiden, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
I don't know why, but Ted Bundy springs to mind.

I would take zzsgranny's advice and check the history on the area.

Mel
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
So you and D felt and saw the same thing.
You felt D was going to kill you inside the woods.
How did D felt? Like he is going to lead you to your death? Very strange happening!
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
This is definitely not the normal ghost story. But that in no way diminishes it. Were it only you, one could speculate it being a flashback or Deja Vu. But since you and D experienced it simultaneously, I would guess that a strong psychic impression was laid down on this area. Some how all of the parameters were perfect for you two to experience this event. What those parameters are is open to even further speculation.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
Experiences in which the physical surroundings are significantly altered are so interesting to me. Did you slip into a memory? See (& in this case feel) an event that was taking place at that time somewhere else? Become suddenly aware of an alternate reality? So many intriguing possibilities.

Am I correct in my understanding that you both felt that the other was the threat, the murderer?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
smilemaiden,
This is really weird, and I don't know if what happened to you was anything like what I experienced, but if you read my story you might see some similarities. Just click on my name above and when you get to my profile page, scroll down to the story "Spiritual Hitch Hiker". Click on that and when you are done reading, maybe it will seem familiar, maybe not. But if granny is right, and there was a murder there at some point, perhaps the victim was trying to have another chance at escaping certain fate.

Jav
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
smilemaiden: Do you know any of the history of the area?...Has anyone been murdered/found dead there recently or otherwise?...Also, I don't understand if there are already trees there or a forest just suddenly surrounded you, if you could clarify that point? 😊
smilemaiden (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
If anyone has any insights or helpful words please feel free to share them. Its going to take D and I sometime to recover.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: