You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A House That Seemed To Good To Be True

Real Ghost Stories

A House That Seemed To Good To Be True

 

The story that I am going to tell you is real and very frightening. This all began in the year 1999 in Tigard, Oregon. One morning my father had come home from work with a huge bonus he made as a sales representative, and told my family and me that we were going to move to a nice two-story home due to business travel for his job. At the time, when he told us the news, we lived in a small one-story house in Fresno, California. A couple weeks passed and my father told us that he found a great two-story home for only $150,000 in Oregon.

The next day we had packed our bags and headed to the airport. As we arrived in Oregon, we arrived at the house and I was overwhelmed with excitement. The first thing I noticed was the land size we had; it was over two acres of land. Also, there were three rooms in the home. I was also a little over six years old at the time and lived with 2 sisters. I had to share a room with one of my sisters while my oldest sister got her own room.

One night while I was asleep in my bedroom with my sister, I woke up due to loud tapping sounds on the wall. I got up feeling very cold, not your average cold, and I tried to ignore it. I then threw the covers over me and hid, but the tapping sound became louder the more I had ignored it. Suddenly, as I kept ignoring the tapping, it pulled my bed covers off at an intense speed by some unknown force.

I began crying and screaming in shock with such disbelief and grabbed onto my sister for dear life. She woke up pushing me off her and asking me what is wrong with me and to calm down. My sister kept shouting at me "what is wrong," but I was too much in shock to even speak. The next morning I explained everything to my parents and they told me it was just a bad dream and not to worry about it. As night time arrived, I went from loving the size of the home and land to instantly fearing the home. As the days passed living in the home, some nights had no paranormal activity and other nights did.

A couple of weeks later living in the home, early one morning my sister was grooming in the bathroom and noticed an Indian entity that had tribal war face paint and dark red eyes staring at her when she looked at the mirror. As she saw the face she began screaming in horror and ran out of the bathroom. My whole family and I heard my sister's screams and stormed to her aid. As my family and I approached her, she ran right by us and out the front door.

My mother and father ran to her outside and asked what happened. She began crying as she explained what she saw in the mirror. My parents looked scared and looked at my sister and me and told us to go inside while they talk to my other sister alone. My oldest sister was an honest person and was 15-years-old at the time.

The next day my family decided to get to know the neighbors, so we invited ourselves over to our neighbor's house. As my parents greeted the neighbors, the neighbors told me that I should go meet their son in his room. The neighbors gave my family and me a tour of their house, and we came across her son's room.

She opened the door to her son's room and had her son named James introduce himself to my family and me. James showed me his room and my parents decided to go see the rest of the house while I stayed in the room with James. I asked James if I could tell him a secret and he said sure. So I shut his door and told him about my entity experiences from my house, and surprisingly enough James told me that a couple of months before he overheard his parents arguing about moving because they live next to an Indian burial ground from what they heard from the previous owner who lived in my home!

Years later my family and I have moved out of the home, and to this day I still wish I never believed in entities.

Other hauntings by masterthis106637

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, masterthis106637, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hope619 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
😨 This story sent chills up my spine! GREAT WORK! I'd be horrifyed if I were you!

-Lex
Barbie1637 (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
While I liked your story you are one of the people who was calling someone else's fake... Any way, Moongrim you must have never lived on an Indian burial ground, I did. It was a very strange childhood and I can assure you, the spirits were not happy. It did not end happy either...
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
After talking to your sister, did your parents every do anything to the house like bless it? Also, did your parents experience anything?
masterthis106637 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Hey Moongrin I can't remember the heating system I had at the time. But I can tell you that the tapping sound wasn't coming from the house creaking or the heater. The reason why I know this is because my house and room would already be warmed up by the heater. And some nights it would just be randomly freezing in my room. Also that tapping sound would just become much more louder the more I ignored it. I mean I have ignored the entity so much to the point where it started pulling off my bed sheets to get my attention!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
The problem with 'indian burial grounds' motif is that all of the land between Tierra Del Fuego to the Alaskan Bering Straits, can be considered to be one big 'indian burying ground', as all too often folks often find remains of or artifacts from Pre-columbian Indians all of the time. Got Kennewick Man?

As to the tapping, what kind of heating sytem did the house have? You mentioned that you were cold. The heating sytems in many houses here in Oregon, often make a TAP sound when heating up.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Ag shaim, it is terrible to be so excited about a new home and then have such an experience then!
It is very strange for someone like me to hear about indian burial grounds, because here in South Africa, we do not have something like that. But I always found it a very interesting topic, not being able to wonder if it is only a myth or a reality. I guess it must be real by reading some of the stories on this site. A very interesting story!
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
I think your fear was because you were so young. I think these spirits didn't mean you any harm I think they were just interested in your family being that you were new there and all. Because you and your sister were young at the time it or they figuard you would be open to their visits. Great story Thanks for sharing!.
masterthis106637 (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
lady-glow- It was a terrible experience for my sisters and I at the time when we lived at the house. But my family and I moved out of that home five years later.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
What a terrible experience for such a little girl. 😢

Did you move out of that house soon after having those experiences?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: