You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What Is In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

What Is In My House?

 

This is a story about my current life that I thought you should know. If you read my last story called "A House That Seemed To Good To Be True," I explained that that the house I lived in was built on an Indian burial ground and how the spirits in that house would harass my family and I.

It has now been 13 years since I have lived in that house and the spirits are still bothering me. For instance, two weeks ago I was home alone at around 3:00 am and I began hearing footsteps going up and down my stairs in the two-story town house I currently live in. I began investigating by stupidly trying to record and take pictures of the entities. Shortly after recording the spirits, things started to get much worse.

One night I was sitting home alone at my computer desk and I felt an unrelenting force twirl the back of my shirt into a knot and pull up so high to the point where my shirt was choking me. I immediately pulled my shirt down, but the entity began to twirl my shirt up in a knot even faster. I managed to get a grip of my shirt again and began pulling down as fast as I could while I ran out of my game room.

The next day my girlfriend came home after visiting her grandfather in the hospital and I explained the whole situation to her. She began telling me that she also had been seeing dark shadows in the corner of her eyes in our downstairs dining room. This really freaked me out because I had also been seeing the same thing.

Later that night, after the discussion, we headed to bed and started hearing knocking sounds coming from my game room, which is right across the hall from my room. As my girlfriend and I kept ignoring the sounds, we started hearing loud footsteps pacing across my long hallway. As the sounds grew louder, we decided to go outside the room while holding a cross and a Bible and to turn on all of the lights in the home. After turning on all of the lights in the home, I decided to go to bed.

The next day my girlfriend woke me up and panicked when she saw four claw marks right on my bedroom floor right by my bed. Ever since I have lived in my last house in 1999, I have noticed that the entities have followed me just about anywhere and tried to terrify me or harm me.

My girlfriend and I are not sure if we should get professional help or not. What do you think?

Other hauntings by masterthis106637

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, masterthis106637, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Barbie1637 (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-25)
Ok I grew up on an Indian Burial ground in a place called Watubby Hill... Cherokee Indians lived on the land many many years ago... When my great grandma and her husband were young this one was not my grandpa, they bought the land and the man who sold it told them it is cursed land and there would always be something bad happening... He was not telling a lie... Now for the most part the spirits are pissed because their land is being disrespected... So believe me, it was a lot more than just camp fire ghost stories... We seen stuff that would make the hair on your neck stand up... It did not end well... But my point is they did not want us there. When me and my bro left because our mom was dead and our dad was dead... We were not bothered by those spirits anymore... They did not follow us... They just wanted us off of their burial ground... So I find it hard to believe that they followed you... Indians want to stay on their sacred land, not follow people who leave their land... So if your story is true... Did you take anything from the land when you left? Even an arrowhead... They may want it back... If not I think you Have just got a whole new spirit after you... I would submit my stories, but the site has been closed every time I try to... 😕
Shell1982 (70 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
OP - I'm just honestly and objectively critiquing and passing opinion on your story. That's what is meant by "discussion," which is what the comments section of this website is for. I was not "judging" you - just your story, the words, how they came across. Please don't take offence - I don't know you and wouldn't presume to know the first thing about you. And I never said your story was "ridiculous" - just that the language you used to describe the events made me suspicious. You could have told a story about something as mundane and believable as what you had for your dinner last night, using the language you used for this story, and I would still have been inclined to mistrust or disbelieve you.
You ask why I would comment on a story if I don't believe it. Surely the truthfulness or otherwise of a story is the single most important factor when it comes to discussing it? Who cares whether it sounds more like a demon than a haunting, if it might not actually be true? 😕
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Well, I hope you can get some professional help and let us know if everything is ok later on. Good luck.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
As soon as I read indian burial ground I thought of the movie poltergeist, and if your story is true I would look up some paranormal investigators or as has been suggested look up an indian elder to help you cleanse the house and help you get rid of this before it does any serious harm.
Cynnae (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
I can understand why some people would be skeptical at the fact that you mentioned it was on an Indian burial ground. A lot of campfire ghost stories started (or ended with that) and I must say, I was a little skeptical when I read that also.

However, what's to say it isn't true? A lot of houses are situated on ancient burial grounds. So what proof do WE as reviewers have that your house isn't in fact built on an Indian burial ground? And it is because of that thought alone, I wanted to comment with what I would do if I were in this situation.

When dealing with Indian spirits, isn't it common practice to bring in an elder or chief (I'm Australian so I have no idea what their titles are) to assess the situation and maybe perform a cleansing?

It really isn't far from the Christian house blessings that you can get. However I wouldn't think that these spirits would respond much to biblical verses or holy water. I myself have had my house blessed or cleansed and it feels wonderful afterwards. The air is fresh and easier to breathe, it really is something to experience. And maybe only few do experience it.

If what you say is true then I applaud you for your courage, but also worry about the fact that you are still living in the house. If these spirits are able to manipulate physical objects (your shirt) or leave physical marks (the scratches) then what stops them from pushing you down the stairs (if you have any), or throwing things at you?

I would recommend that you and your girlfriend get a blessing to rid any spirits that are following you.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Professional help? Oh yeah, most definitely.

But not the kind you're thinking of.

I'd recommend an editor instead. Amazing isn't it? How every single house in the US of A is situated upon an "Indian Burial Ground", but not one person can show a single bit of empirical evidence to demonstrate it.
masterthis106637 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Well shell, I say think what you want about my story but I know it's the truth obviously. If you think it's ridiculous why do you even waste your time judging me about it? Lol
Mystic_entityxx8 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
I believe that this entity is not trying to harm you, but too scare you. Perhaps you annoyed it by trying to take pictures and record it 😕
If you look on the internet you can find a lot of cleansing techniques to do. As you found claw marks in your bedroom I would put crosses around the posts of your bed, and would also put a bible or a prayer in each room. Hope I helpled 😊
Michelle
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
I think you had better shift out from the house as soon as possible. Maybe the entity could get even worse... Hope you will b fine... 😊
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
This doesn't ring true to me. It's the way you tell it. A few examples. You heard sounds that you "ignored" - why would you do that? Were they innocent sounds (radiator banging?) - in which case why mention them at all? Or if you thought they were something paranormal, why didn't you investigate then? You also say your girlfriend "panicked" when she saw the claw marks. That strikes me as an odd way to describe her reaction. I could imagine her being upset, shocked, scared, disbelieving... But "panicked" just sounds like you are being over-emotional in an attempt to make your story more dramatic. Ditto: "unrelenting force." Maybe you are just over-dramatising events so it sounds more interesting, but I can't trust a story that isn't 100% honestly and objectively described. Sorry if it's true.

Also: claw marks and Indian burial grounds? You sure you haven't been watching too many horror films?
destyni (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
you really really need professional help no matter what if you want that thing to stop, Especially if it follows you... That is a really bad entity but I don't know if ts a demonic entity 😐
masterthis106637 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
I hope you you are right Jacklynnve about the entity wanting to scare me than harm me. But I find it weird how the ghost dissappears some nights and returns randomly on other nights.
Jacklynnve (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Sounds like this entity wants to scare you rather than harm you. You should try to get professional help since it follows you. You can also try cleansing techniques that you can look up. Good luck, I know this stuff can be annoying and scary at the same time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: