You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Transporting Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Transporting Doll

 

This was an experience that happened a while back, but it still shocks me to this day. I was over at my friend's house, and this friend in particular was like me in many ways! She loves the idea of ghost and paranormal things, etc.

Well, I had been over to her house a few times before this night. We began watching Discovery Channel and a man was using a technique to talk to the dead (it WASN'T the Ouija board!) He turned all the lights off and lit one candle and sat in the dark recording on a voice recorder. So my friend and I, being obsessed with ghosts, decided to just do it for fun and scare each other. So we sat in the darkness and we were making jokes and what not. Then things began to get boring; nothing was happening and then IT happened.

She had this desk that was near her TV that had a doll sitting on it. Behind us was her bed and we were sitting on the floor. I turned the lights back on everything looks normal, the doll is in its place and nothing was touched, so we decided to do it again only with her brother. He came in and sat down, then we turned the lights back off. Nothing was happening so I said, "Your house isn't haunted!" She was laughing and so was he, then I turned the lights back on and nobody was laughing again.

We all sat there in complete shock, because the doll had been moved from the desk to behind us on the bed. We all three stood up and just exchanged glances. We didn't really know what to think about it. What moved the doll? We were all three holding hands in the circle we were sitting in so it couldn't have been one of us! If someone were to have walked in the light from the hallway would have shined on it. That's what confused me the most.

I would love it if you guys posted comments and told me what you think it was. I love trying to debunk something! Thanks!

Other hauntings by GhostlyMostly_006

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostlyMostly_006, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
Maybe somebody went inside the room without making noise and change the dolls position just to prank you all or the doll was really haunted...

❤ MaryAnne
GhostlyMostly_006 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
Thanks guys for all the comments, as for demonic_harmony97, no, her brother wouldn't have an Ouija board because their family is very "serious" about that. So I am I, I've been told of terrible stories involving the Ouija board. Second thing is her brother is only eight or seven. I did have another paranormal experience called, "They haunted Elevator" if you would like to read it.

Sincerely,
GhostlyMostly006
lyssaret (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Scary story! If that happened to me, I would freak out! I probably wouldn't leave though, considering all I've been through, but you never know, sounds terrifying!
eme---luvs---u (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
that is very freaky, especially since I am terrified of dolls. If that happened to my friends and me, we'd be running out of that room like there was tomorrow and not go back there for a while. This did freak me out. Was it a porcelain doll or something like a Barbie doll?
dawnofthedarkness (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
if that happened to me I would b so scared I would of totally been running out of the house lol I'm scared of supernatural being
Mystic_entityxx8 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
You stated that "The doll had been moved from the desk to behind us on the bed." Was it standing on the bed? Sitting? Lying?
If it wasn't in a normal position like that, it could've been the wind, if the doll was very light and had cotton wool in it or something.
As Shell1982 said, it is very suspicious that it moved when your brother was in the room 😐
Michelle ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
maybe the doll wanted in on your little game. Did you ever think to invite the poor thing in your little circle? Here is what I would do. Take the doll out on the town for a nice meal in a decent restaurant. Maybe a movie afterwards... Nothing too scary.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
Hmm, let's see. It is slightly suspicious that it only happened once your friend's brother arrived - it could have been a prank by him. You couldn't have all been holding hands the entire time the light was switched off - someone must have broken the circle to go switch it off and then again to switch it back on again? Perhaps they moved the doll on their way back from the light switch, while everyone's eyes were still adjusting to the dark?
demonic_harmony97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
Ghostly,

Check out the comments on my story 'rest in peace?', I've had experiences with my little stepsister's Roxanne doll moving around in our loft. This is indeed an interesting way of communication between humanity and the spirit world.

I have a few questions for you;

-Have you ever had any 'ghostly experiences' before this? Did you previously make any other attempts of contact with the spirit world?
-Has your friend's brother ever had anything to do with Ouija boards? Has he ever done one?
-Has anything happened with your friend's doll since then?

As for the laughing, when there is a strong enough prescence of energy in the near atmosphere (in this case your friend's room), a human's emotions can be controlled by the energy. The human might get a sudden urge to laugh or cry, and then can be left confused or might not even remember it. On the other hand, it could have been a minor possession.

When they laughed, was it their own voice? If not, then it was most probably a possession, therefor you could be dealing with something nasty! Otherwise, it could be a mischievious spirit who likes to play up and was paying you a visit, then it may have passed on to somewhere else.

Hope this gives you a rough idea of how to narrow down possibilities, but just remember, don't cross out any ideas before you're completely confident! I wish you luck and peace,

Respectfully,

Jess (DH) ❤
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
I think it could have been giving you a warning. Stuff like this happens to me all the time. Even my little knick-knacks move!
kiwi12345 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
i think it was a ghosts warning to leave the dead be I'm glad yall didn't do it again or you could have unleashed something bad
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
first to comment!woohoo!
Anyways, this story is very spooky. According to what you have said no one could ever moved the doll. I think that it is true ghostly phenomenon! Look out for that doll, it may cause trouble!
Great story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: