You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Shadow Creatures?

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Creatures?

 

Here goes my second post. I had previously posted a story called "Podunk Poltergeist" about my experiences in a small town outside our main city.

Over the past few months I have been experiencing some strange phenomena. It started when I was at home alone about 3 months ago, as my boyfriend had yet again returned to the Podunk town in my previous story for seasonal work.

I was watching TV on the weekend and it was about 2:30 - 3:00 in the afternoon. I saw my cat playing under the TV stand and thought nothing of it, she usually gets her toy mice stuck under it. I got a flashlight and lay down on the floor in front of the TV stand and tried to find the toy. Nope, nothing there. I brushed this off as just her being silly. As I was returning the flashlight to the kitchen which is attached to the living room I caught movement, for a few minutes, out of the corner of my eye. It was a shadow on the carpet coming out from under the TV stand.

I am aware of the concept of shadow people but the movement and shapes I caught a glimpse of were reminiscent of an octopus' tentacles (I saw three) wriggling out from under the TV stand. I retraced my steps about 5 times trying to create the shadow myself, thinking it was just a shadow of my arms and legs but the daylight was not coming in from the proper angle to cause my shadow to form in the proper direction and the flashlight was off. I know it was off as it was a MAG type flashlight and pushing the on/off button clicks loudly. I was still skeptical I had seen anything. I do believe in the paranormal but don't easily jump to conclusions that every shadow or noise is paranormal.

Following on this, it was a few weeks later I was in bed reading when again I caught movement over the top of my book on the ceiling in the corner directly across from me. The corner was dark as I was using a book light not a bedside table light, but I again saw the tentacles wriggling in the corner. They were darker than the rest of the room. This time there were 5 of these tentacle-like shadows. They were visible on the walls and ceiling but did not extend towards me (like so many of the shadowy hands do in horror movies). They were simply there and wiggling slowly. Again I brushed them off as a figment of my imagination and went to sleep.

For the past few months these wriggling shadows have been haunting my peripheral vision and have become more frequent. I feel no change in mood or atmosphere when they catch my attention. I do not feel frightened or scared just curious. They never make any attempt to reach out at me. I have no idea why I am seeing these or what they could mean. I have never really been able to find anything on shadow tentacles. Most shadow forms are those of a human shape.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by Faustess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Faustess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

misscrawl (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Just found this post today, and wanted to comment because I too have seen something similar to what you described. Oddly enough we also both live in Canada. I saw the same tentacle shape coming out of a shadow of one of my stools, it's not a trick of the eye, and the tentacles are too thick and large in shape to be a magnified version of a spider or dust, plus they weren't moving that way. I really thought it was my cat at first, but then realized he was elsewhere in the room sleeping.

I don't have eye sight problems at all. This was the first time I had seen something like this and was really paralyzed with shock.
Faustess (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Well just an update if anyone who has commented checks back. My eyesight is fine, nothing was found at my appointment. However, I could not update sooner as I am just recovering from a case of Viral Pericarditis. I find it odd, it may be coincidence, but one of the symptoms is that is feels like someone squeezing your heart in your chest. I went into emerge at our local hospital and was diagnosed a week after I posted this story. I was on meds for just over two weeks. It has cleared up now but I can't help finding it strange seeing tentacles and then soon after having pericarditis. 😕
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Could it be some kind of migraine with visual aura? Normally you see shiny, flashing, bright or blind patches, not dark patches, but I don't know if dark patches are also possible. Just a thought.
Serendipity (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Faustess...I am anything but anal when it comes to cleaning, so I have lots of spiders and all sorts. So maybe it isn't so surprising that I have quite often seen wiggly tentacle type shadows here too. But in my case they are definitely of insect origin. The spiders I suggested are a possibility, or a daddy long legs or the like, but the more usual culprit has actually been a wasp or a bee. They don't fly around, so you don't know one is there, and they just cling on in the warmth by a light bulb, occasionally waggling legs in front of the light to make the shadows.

Next time you see the shadows, it is worth a shot to check the light bulbs.
Faustess (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Thanks everyone for the comments.

[at] Serendipity ~ I am pretty anal retentive when it comes to cleaning. I vaccum the corners, at floor and ceiling level, of all the rooms in our house once a week. However, I am aware that spiders work fast at rebuilding webs. Next time I catch a glimps of the shadows I will check closely for a web. I really hadn't thought of that.

[at] RobertAlexander ~ I am aware of demon spirts and thier ability to take a shape that is less threatening to get closer to person they haunt but I feel no uneasiness, fear, panic or any other feelings I would think may still be felt in the pressence of something unfriendly.

[at] Rook ~ Funny you mention having my eyes checked I do wear glasses and actually have a eye appointment coming up in March. I will mention I am seeing "something" in my peripheral to my optomitrist. I won't mention I think it may be shadowy creatures as he may look at me a bit funny. Hahaha.

[at] Isandhu ~ I don't think it is floaters as these shadows are not string like in thickness they actually have some girth (for lack of a better word) to them.

Thank you all again for your comments, you have given me some avenues to investigate the cause of these shadows. If I find out anything regarding the nature of these shadows, from either cobwebs to eye trouble to possible paranormal I will post my findings here.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
Could be floaters in your eyes, which create black splotches that appear somewhat shadowlike. However, they are usually random blobby shapes. I get them, but have never seen ones that look like tentacles. Also, this does not explain you cat, although that could be unrelated. Sounds like you are already approaching this problem with the right attitude. Let us know if you figure it out.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
Recommendation to you from me would be to avoid any and all viewings of the movie: "From Beyond", as it would give you some heart palpitations at this point.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
Faustess,

You may even go so far as to get your eyes checked... (I watch to many re-runs...😉) There was an episode of House where the 'problem' ended up being something in the eyes...

I'm not saying that it is but everything 'natural' needs to be ruled out. It may be a simple as 'eye strain' all the way up to something paranormal. Rule out all 'natural' causes and whatever is left...😁

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
ROBERTALEXANDERGILES799 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
i had a encounter just like yours and do you know any thing about demon shape sifting
SqueakyGirl5 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
I believe that what you're saying is genuine, but that doesn't mean it's paranormal. I think it's possible that this could be an optical illusion of some sort or perhaps just the way that shadows jump around when your flashlight moves. However, it's curious how your cat reacted to the activity, though, which gives your paranormal theory a bit more credibility. I don't think you should be alarmed right now, but don't let yourself obsess either; if it is just an optical illusion, convincing yourself that it's something else will only feed the imagination.
I'm a firm believer in the paranormal, so I'm not trying to criticize your judgement. I just don't want to see you get worked up over something that can be easily disproved. Keep your eyes open for more activity, but don't lose sleep over it.
Take care,
S.
Serendipity (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
You haven't got a spider there possibly (or other insect), which is causing shadows from a distance? I have seen them create some surprising and weird shadows. And it is always worth checking out the prosaic, before jumping to paranormal conclusions.

Otherwise, I would concentrate on the fact that there is nothing there that is alarming. Whatever it is, it is a curiosity, not a threat.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: