You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Curiously Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

Curiously Haunted

 

My name is Adrian and I'm from TX. I've always been quite fascinated by mysteries and the unexplained/supernatural. My curiosity usually gets the best of me, and so I find myself researching and even doing hands on experimenting of anything that catches my attention. Well, my curiosity took over yet again and this time with the supernatural, but it wasn't what I was expecting whatsoever. This is my little story and I would like to share it with you.

It all began when I saw a movie trailer for White Noise starring Michael Keaton. Of course, the intrigue of the trailer was the EVP they play during. I was completely sold! I wanted to discover this for myself and, in doing, so completely sate my curiosity of the supernatural. I researched online and found information on what I needed and how to do my own EVP session. Once everything was set I went ahead with the process; however, I screwed up. BIG TIME.

In the directions I read, it said to invite only friendly spirits, but I completely forgot to say friendly. I told my father what I was up to and I have to admit, I was surprised with his reaction. He became upset and told me, "Do you realize what you've done? You've invited things into this home!" He told me to stop doing anything dealing with the supernatural in his house.

A couple of days later, strange things began to happen in my room, which was the site of my session. At first it was just little noises like a light tap or knock, something subtle. Then after a couple of weeks it progressed to what sounded like feet sifting through a floor filled with paper. I suppose you could imagine yourself moving paper with your feet, whether it's newspaper or sheets of paper. I found this to be very weird but then after a while I ignored it and got used to it.

This went on for at least a month, until one night while I was lying in bed I heard this extremely loud BANG in my closet. I have to admit that scared the crap out of me and I pulled the sheets and pillows over myself and stayed like that until I fell asleep. Eventually it reverted back to the sound of feet sifting through paper and it continued that way for a while.

Then one night, I remember the AC was not working and it was extremely hot. I had my windows open, a ceiling fan, and my floor fan just to try and make it comfortable. Unfortunately it was still pretty hot and I was unable to sleep on my bed, so I decided to sleep on the couch in my room as it was positioned right under the ceiling fan. As I was lying on the couch I felt what seemed like 3 fingers going down my stomach in a wave pattern. I brushed it off and decided it was beads of sweat. I felt the same sensation two more times and I began to get agitated rather than scared. I turned on my stomach and I feel the same sensation on my back. I turned on my back and I felt the same sensation once more. I was angry by this time and I kicked the arm of the couch and yelled "STOP" and then nothing.

For about a week or two later I didn't hear anything in my room whatsoever. No thuds or knocks about or even the sound of feet sifting through paper. I began to get comfortable thinking it's done. One night I was on my Xbox and I switched over to music so I could fall asleep. I was lying in bed and I had the floor fan in front of me and I had my eyes closed waiting to fall asleep. Suddenly, I heard a voice talking in a strange language and it sounded like a man was right in front of me. I lifted my head to try and listen for it again, my eyes still closed and all of a sudden SMACK! I get hit on my right eye. I opened my eyes briefly but I closed them right away. I curled into bed, threw my sheets over my pillows and me. I grabbed my cell phone and I called my g/f at the time. My eye started to water and tear from the hit. I talked to her for a while as I calmed down. I hung up with her and called my best friend and he tells me he'll bring me something the next day. I honestly don't know how I managed to fall asleep but I did.

The next day my friend showed up with a bottle of holy water from the nearby Shrine. I began to pray and I began to ask God to banish all entities from my room and house as I spilled holy water over every wall in my room including the ceiling, floor, and closet. Afterwards, I felt a peace in my room I had not felt in months.

I am happy to report that I have not had any experiences of this nature in my room since I did the cleansing. I can't say I've learned my lesson in dealing with the supernatural, as the experience has led me to join a paranormal investigation team. I have, however, learned not to do such things in my home and ways of protecting myself from evil entities. I hope you've enjoyed reading about my first experience with the supernatural.

Other hauntings by txgonzo

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, txgonzo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
How long wilt thou speak these things? And how long shall the words of thy mouth be like a strong wind?

-Job 8:2
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Good move tex! That is certainly a relief to hear. As I read through the accounts of people calling up spirits, it never ceases to amaze me just how many there are. Now granted, not all are what I would consider "true/honest" experiences, by any measure. Many people seem to think it is a simple task, an everyday occurrence, to interact with the 'other side'. When, in actuality, it is a rarity. In my opinion, much of it can be explained away as an over reaction to what they believe 'should' happen, as opposed to what is more likely the true cause of their fears. There are far too many folks running about begging for an experience of their own. By the time they make it here, they have gotten themselves so psyched up over it that when you offer alternative explanations for what they are claiming is paranormal... They can get very upset.

Jav
txgonzo (2 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Thanks for the posts and words of advice and wisdom. I have to admit I was a little less cautious when this happened but luckily it didn't get unbearably out of hand and things are good now. I do hope this helps anyone who reads it and instills a higher sense of caution when dealing with the supernatural in any way.

[at] Jav I went on an "investigation" with this one group who set up video equipment facing themselves as they used a ouija board... I left about 10 minute in. Lol
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Firstly, I feel it should be noted that this forum is not just for those in need of advice or assistance. It is a place to share our experiences as well. I simply wanted to put that out there for others who may not be aware of that fact.

[at] txgonzo,
Welcome to YGS. Thank you for sharing your experience here, it is one to pay attention to for it's lesson about not 'inviting' just anything to come forth. However, I happen to believe that simply calling a spirit, albeit a friendly sort, to come forth is also dangerous. No matter that you specify that you prefer a friendly spirit, you cannot expect any unfriendly's to pass up any invitation whatsoever. Since when do they go by any set of rules? Plus, in my opinion, it's one thing to investigate a reported haunting, and quite another to go about raising the dead in such a willy nilly fashion. Why on earth would someone, resting in peace mind you, come out of their final resting place for the entertainment of curiosity hounds? It is my belief that the only ones willing to answer that call aren't the type you would want hanging about afterwards. Holy water is thought to be one of the weapons used against demonic entities, not so much human spirits. There are human spirits that aren't so nice to have hanging about either. They were mean and nasty in life and seem to be that way in death too. If those guys aren't up on the new rules they might not be so easy to expel from the premises.
Beware of amatures with recorders and video equipment. They can cause the haunting much quicker than they can figure out how to make it stop.
Good luck Tex. Sure hope it isn't a heap of mis-haps for you.

Jav 😊
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Glad to see you were able to get rid of it! Great many of thanks in warning others with this. Honestly I tell everyone, if you want to do evp's do NOT invite anything in your home. Get a recorder go to someplace you know may be haunted leave it there running. But always remember to bless yourself before going in any place haunted, because you do not know what is there and if it can follow. If you bless yourself first this can stop anything from following.

Thank you for sharing and stay safe! ❤
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
"Warning stories" are valuable, especially since there seem to be a certain number of usually younger readers on these kind of ghost websites who want to experiment/explore the supernatural but don't have the knowledge, experience or common sense to take precautions and follow well established ghost hunting rules.

Thanks for sharing, txgonzo.
Dandruff_in_hair (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
I agree with ghostly. You don't realy need any help. Don't try and invite ghosts to your home/room any more if you don't want it to happen again

God bless you and keep yourself safe.

God bless
Dandruff
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Well it sounds to me like you don't really need any help 😊 Glad everything worked out for you in the end, and do try not to invite more ghosts into your house 😆

Good luck & God bless

Ghostly98 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: