You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hotel In Arlington, Tx

Real Ghost Stories

Hotel In Arlington, Tx

 

This happened over the summer a few years back when my brother invited my cousin and me to join him and his girlfriend to join them for a week long vacation around Texas. We didn't go to Travel Channel destination sites mind you, it was just a trip head to Six Flags over Texas and then off to Austin and San Antonio. Honestly, the overall trip was so much fun but the first night would be the one to change my perspective of hotel rooms forever.

We left on a Wednesday morning at around 6am. We planned to head to Dallas and sight see for a little bit before making our way to Arlington and checking in to our hotel. I'm from South Texas so the drive is about a good 8 hours or so. Also, Texans measure the distance from city to city by how long it takes to get there than actually noting the miles between them.

Anyway, everything went well day 1 and we had a lot of fun in Dallas. We headed to the hotel around 5 pm and once we got there we checked in and unpacked our bags. Honestly, nothing felt weird about the room and my cousin and I were pretty comfortable. Sometimes people will tell you that you can feel a presence and usually it's when the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

After we unpacked, we hung out in our room for about an hour before heading back down to the lobby to grab dinner. We got back to the hotel a few hours later absolutely stuffed! Our room was on the 3rd floor so we made our way up and set a plan on what to do at the amusement park.

So, around 11pm I decided it was time to shower before heading to bed and did so. My cousin was already passed out but I stayed up watching Knocked Up on TV. After my shower I jumped in bed, fairly content with the progression of the day and looking forward to the following morning. Except, something else had other plans in mind.

As I lay in bed my body was closer to the window in the room and my head on one half of the pillow. My eyes were closed and I was trying to lose myself in thought so I could fall asleep. A few minutes into that I felt a tapping on the other half of the pillow. I thought it was my cousin at first but then I realized my cousin was still snoring. I panicked but didn't move. I felt and heard the taps on the pillow again and this time I was in full on "This can't be happening again" mode. I mustered some courage and pulled the blanket over me so I could begin to process what was going on.

As I laid there waiting, I started hearing footsteps walking at the foot of our beds. Then ceiling fan turned on and started rotating. I was terrified at this point. I thought I started feeling the bed itself starting to shake but after calming myself down, I realized it was me. I was trembling in fear. I slowed my breathing down and recomposed myself and continued to listen. My cousin was still snoring.

The footsteps continued pacing back and forth and then I heard the restroom light/vent come on. Then the toilet flushed once. The light/vent turned off. They turned on again a few seconds later. The toilet flushed again. It continued like this for what felt like an eternity. Every part of me wanted to jump out of bed and leave the room but I didn't. I don't know why I stayed but I just did, eventually falling asleep.

I was woken up in the morning and I was extremely tired. I don't know how long I was up that night but I know it was for several hours. As soon as I woke up it was the first thing I wanted to get off my chest.

I recounted the story to my cousin, my brother and his girlfriend and they didn't know what to say. My cousin didn't hear a thing and slept through it all. My brother and his girlfriend had no problems on their end either.

To this day I hate staying in hotel rooms haha but I do it anyway. Only difference is now I go in, say a prayer and ask any visitors to vacate for the night. So far so good but definitely one of those things I'll always remember.

Other hauntings by txgonzo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, txgonzo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-11)
Have you ever considered that
1. Your cousin did actually wake up walk around, use the toilet, switch lights on and off, doesn't remember anything at all?
It has happened to me.

2. He might have been sleepwalking.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
I think that room was haunted by a ghost with diarrhea! 😐

"... I heard the restroom light/vent come on. Then the toilet flushed once. The light/vent turned off. They turned on again a few seconds later. The toilet flushed again. It continued like this for what felt like an eternity."

Do you know the history of the hotel and of the grounds it is built on?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: