You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Friend's House

Real Ghost Stories

A Friend's House

 

My Best Friend lives 2 houses up from me and I see her often. Lately the visits have been more brief due to me leaving because of fear and also the occasional training for netball. But once she had a sleepover at her house to celebrate her birthday. Here is the layout of the house:

As you enter the house you can clearly see the stair case to the right, the kitchen to the left and the a window with chairs straight ahead. Upstairs there's a hallway which leads to the birthday girl's room, her sisters room and the attic. At the end of the hallway is the bathrrom and toilet. But as you reach the top of the stairs you can see their parents room. If you turn your head left you can see the two spare room, the computer room and the 2nd living room. Downstairs near the kitchen is their loungeroom and 1st living room. I apoligise for the setting out as the house is HUGE!

Okay so our first experience is when we were goofing off dancing to MTV when me and the birthday girl (let's call her Sally) and I took a break and hid on the top bunk in one of the spare rooms. We talked with the door closed and heard shuffling but shrugged it off. Then something threw the blanket that was covering us onto the ground. May I remind you that EVERYONE was still outside and hadn't noticed we had left. Sally freaked out and I told her to calm down and exit the room. The room had some weird vibes to it. That morning we saw wet foot prints on the floor. We all drank soda that night. And her sister was at a friends house. My other best friend (let's call her Layla) was creeped out. Layla insisted me, Sally and her go into the attic. So we did. It felt uneasy up there. I had perfect balance but a cold chill sent me through shivers and I felt a tug on my hair. Layla said we had to go up on our own, and we did.

My friend Sally still reports seeing orbs in that hallway upstairs.

I hope you enjoyed this story.

Other hauntings by Plover

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Plover, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Why do I get the impression of Poltergeist activity?

Cocoa it mentions you are a young adult, from reading your account it seems like teenage girls messing around, please don't get me wrong I mean no offense, it just rang out to me that unexplained little things like that do tend to happen when emotions and hormones are are at there height at that age. Are you familiar whith Psychokinesis and teenager's especially around puberty? And also it's relation to Poltergeist activity?
Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Cocoa - I can't give you an answer for the blanket being thrown off you and Sally, but I might have a solution for the wet footprints.

Any chance someone (maybe a parent) had gotten up that morning and taken a shower and didn't bother to wipe their feet? Sometimes wet footprints will stay on the floor for quite awhile.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Might as well clean it up. Maybe the OP can get some better feedback.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
In that case, Pjod, I think a "poof" should take care of it. What do you think? 😉
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
ah, do what you feel best Miracles. I hate to take away from Cocoa's story... Just thought Daniel's post needed some kind of response. It was that bad.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Pjod - sometimes I hate deleting the idiotic posts because it makes the humor in your posts lose their punch LOL. Darn, what to do, what to do 😆 😉
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Worst 2nd post ever. You've outdone your first post when you responded to a 6 year old story- with the same insight demonstrated in your post below. I love a good debate when it comes to the paranormal- Fake and fail has a better ring to your posting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: