You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Get Out Of My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Get Out Of My Room

 

When I was twenty one years old, my new husband's family offered to sell us a house that had been in his family for generations at an incredibly cheap price. They had a difficult time keeping it rented and did not want to hassle with it anymore. We jumped at the opportunity and moved in almost immediately. It was only a matter of hours before strange things began to happen. It did not take me long to decide there was something or someone else other than us in that house.

Almost every night we would hear something coming up the staircase. The steps were old so you could hear every creak. Nick, my husband would jump up out of bed whenever he heard it to go make sure that someone hadn't broken in. It would always end the same, no one was there. The ghost appeared to get braver as time went on. We could hear the steps eventually come down the hall, they were getting a little closer to our bedroom door with each visit. Finally, the night came that we had both been dreading. Nick was sound asleep, exhausted from working hours of overtime. I heard the steps dare to pass the doorway of our bedroom and enter our room.

I felt slightly aware of something or someone approach the side of the bed I had my back turned to, but I was afraid to look. I just kept my face in Nick's chest and closed my eyes tightly. I felt as though there was someone right behind me, right behind my head just staring at me. I knew one thing for sure; I was not going to turn around to check. I just wanted to fall back to sleep as soon as possible.

My hand searched under the covers for Nick's hand. I very softly and quietly moved my hand beneath his big palm. I did not want to disturb him; I just knew it would make me feel better if his hand was lying on top of mine.

My back felt ice cold; I tried to bring the covers up tighter around my neck and back. That's when I felt it. Something moved briefly on the bed behind me. I did not acknowledge it. I forced myself to stay still as if I were still asleep. I felt that if I suddenly reacted, I would see something horrible, so I did not turn around, I did not move.

That seemed to upset whatever was behind me. I felt the bed move again, but just ever so slightly. I felt that whatever was behind me was so close to me it was almost touching my hair. I had the feeling on my scalp similar to when you have static electricity in your hair. I was sure it must almost be standing on end.

I rubbed Nick's palm with the back of my hand. I think I was actually trying to wake him, but trying to do it quietly, so whatever was behind me would not notice. It didn't work. Nick just grunted a moment and then took another deep breath, he was still sound asleep.

I felt another movement on the bed directly behind me again. I actually could feel the blanket I had wrapped so tightly around me tug on me a bit as if someone had laid some weight on it behind me, I was sure that something was trying to get even closer to me. Suddenly I felt air blow on my cheek. It was just the same as if someone had breathed on me, except it was a lot colder, ice cold.

I tried rubbing Nick's hand again only I did it more aggressively this time. He moaned a little and turned to face me laying his arm across my side. That made me feel a little better, if there was someone or something directly behind me he would have struck them with his hand when he put his arm around me. I no sooner had the thought when Nick's arm went flying off of me and back towards him. It was as if someone had picked up his arm and flung it off of me. At that same exact moment, I felt a very strong tug on my hair, and heard a whisper in my ear.

"Get out of my room," the words struck me like a knife in my stomach.

It was a very raspy mean voice. I woke Nick instantly, but once again there was no one there. Many things happened in that house. We only lived there for thirty six days, thirty six days of pure mental hell.

That was when I started to believe in ghosts and spirit hauntings. It forever changed how I view things.

Other hauntings by JulesVNess

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JulesVNess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

andrewland (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-30)
That was one very detailed account Jules. You observe things very closely. And have a knack of describing events very precisely. Thanks for sharing
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
Dear JulesVNess,

That was amazing and scary. Did your husband's family mention anything about the presence of an entity? You have mentioned a similar incident in "Are you scared?" (and I commented on it that it was similar to this). But did you manage to find out how this entity came to you and why it haunts you?

Regards,
Rockangel13
JulesVNess (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Thank you so much for supporting me in the hell I went through, I so love you all for believing in me. Actually this episode ended my marriage to Nick. The thing that was in that house showed up again later,truly, but my life went on. Sometimes such weird things happen to you that you have an extreme need to share it with people that care, hugs to you all, Jules
robertar (223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Suggestion:

1. It sounds easier said, but next time elbow or kick whoever it is. Most people report the things disappear before contact, if its a spirit being. If it's real your going to have a bigger problem anyway so you might as well surprise them first.

2. If unable to do the above, pinch or kick your husband to ensure he is awake.
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
wow this gave me chills reading it! Very creepy, I would like to hear some of the other experiences you had there or in general if you want to share.
charlottecase (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
omg that's well scaery I whould hate that to happen to me 😢 did anythink esle happen?
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
OMG! Jules, that was SUPER scary! A well told account, and one I will remember for a long time ~ as I know you have. 😨
I hope you and your husband are safe now, and scare free!
Thank you for sharing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
JulesVNess,

Do you and your Husband still own this home? There are ways of 'Cleansing' a home that can be employed and while this was a very trying and stressful time for you and your Husband while you lived in the Home this Spirit can be shown how to move on and the House can become a Home again. I hope you return and check these comments...

Respectfully,

Rook
BigBaby (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Awesome story. Super-creepy.
I wonder what you would have seen if you turned around.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I was going to comment that it was kind of mean that your husband's family sold you the house, assuming they knew about the goings on in it. However, as you mentioned they had it rented, perhaps they didn't know about the problem, just that they were tired of dealing with fly-by-night tenants (not realizing they had a darn good reason for flying). I think it's for the best you got out of there sooner than later. Hope you didn't take a bath, financially speaking.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
This story scared the shiat out of me! You really know how to tell a story. Very detailed and it kept me on the edge of my seat 😨. Thank you for sharing.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Woah this scared the heebiejeebies outta me lol. Sounds a bit like the Amytiville Horror Movie where the family stayed for only a short period of time...

Would love to hear about your other experiences in this house. Thanks for sharing and giving me some serious goosebumps! 😊
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
No wonder the house was sold to you cheap! I would love to know the history behind that house/property. Great story
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Jules you're one brave lady! This experience gave me a serious case of the heebie jeebies! I would have gotten the heckn outta there screaming!
Thanks for sharing!

Krys
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
okay wow. Really creepy. I glad you guys got out of there. AS soon as I saw nick's hand "fly" I would have flown out of there, with or with out nick, until it was morning again!

GIRLIE ❤ 😨
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Did you ever do research on the house? That would scare the heck out of me. 😨
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Yipes! That was frightening enough to read about, and you had to live it! It's is not going to be easy to shake off either. I'll bet packing was no problem with that for your motivator!
Thank you for sharing. (and scaring)

Jav
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Wow, that was super creepy. I would have probably screamed if someone whispered in my ear like that!

Thanks for sharing.

~Clever
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Dare I say great story? I'm sure it wasn't great to you at the time though, and must have been horrible for you and your husband. I think sometimes not looking is worse then looking and getting the mess scared out of you! Glad you left, and hope you're safe now.
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Ooooh,this could be straight out of a movie! More Please, don't keep us hanging. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: