You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Visit From Mom

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit From Mom

 

I woke with such a start that my body had automatically bolted itself into an upright position. For some reason, unknown to me, I had an overwhelming feeling that I was being observed. Even though my eyes were still blurry from sleep and not quite cooperating, I frantically searched the immediate area surrounding my bed. I felt a sudden stab in my gut as I realized someone truly was there, standing at the very foot of my bed. I flung my hand out sideways in the darkness towards my bedside table. I was desperately searching for my eyeglasses that I had left lying there just a few hours earlier. Without them or my contact lenses, what I thought I was visualizing as a person could easily have been my bathrobe dangling innocently from the six foot tall post at the end of my bed.

As I searched blindly in the dark, I felt them for just an instant, barely brushing them with my fingertips. The force was just enough to send them whirling off of the night stand and spinning across the wooden floor. So much for that. My only choice now was to squint like a mole and try to make out whom, if anyone, was truly there.

Concentrating to focus, I was able to make out the figure; it appeared to be a woman. She was wearing a brightly flowered dress with a brown tattered work coat over it. It reminded me of the ones we used to wear on our family farm during my childhood years. The woman was staring at me in an odd sort of a way. Her head was slightly quirked to one side. My heart was pounding so hard in my chest that I could hear the echo of each beat inside of my head. But then, even in my half blind state, I began to notice the warm soft smile on the woman's face. I squinted a little harder. She seemed vaguely familiar to me. My brain shifted into overdrive, racing through all my past and present trying to sort out a name that I could place with this face. Suddenly, I realized who was standing there! Oh my God, it was my mother!

I had not recognized her in those first waking moments, only because she no longer looked pale and ravished as she had the last time I saw her. She appeared quite youthful, vibrant and full of love; exactly as she had been before the cancer had attacked her young body at 28 years of age. Mom died 22 years ago slowly and painfully, one pound at a time. She was 30 years old, the exact age that I am now.

This truly happened to me. I had some truly terrible things happening in my life at the time and I believe my mother came back to intervene. I actually wrote a book about my experience titled: Intertwined;Based on a True Story.

Other hauntings by JulesVNess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JulesVNess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JulesVNess (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
This is all part of the story of what happened to me in my life. Thank you for your comments, you have all made me feel so blessed! Jules 😭
rishav2011 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Your story brought tears to my eyes. I have experienced the same thing you did. My mom too passed away due to cancer. I was 9 then. Its good to know that your mother still looks after you even though she is no more. Sorry for your loss and best of luck for the future.
JulesVNess (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Thank you all so much for your kind words and support, you all made tears come to my eyes. I still feel very blessed to this day that I was fortunate enough to have one last chance, a mother's love is forever. She changed my life. Those of you interested in my book, It is called, Intertwined, Based on a True Story sold on Amazon. Com. By Jules V Ness, Thanks again, hugs to you all ❤ jules
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
roseinbloom - it's available at Amazon. You can google the book title and find it.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Dear Jules, very well written story. I too, am so sorry about how your mother passed away, at such a young age. I would like to know where I can purchase your book, "Intertwined, based on a true story".

My elderly mother lives with my husband and I, so I can make sure she is well taken care of during the last few years of her life. I frequently, tell her she may come back and visit me, after she passes, to let me know she is well and settled.

I consider you a lucky person, to have this event happen to them. Please feel free, to share any other stories, that you have experienced, concerning the paranormal.

Love and Blessing to you, and I pray, you no longer are having to go through any more terrible things. ❤ 😊 ❤
acuteangles (4 stories) (28 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
This is a lovely experience! I am so glad your mother was able to come back and comfort you. I am sure it warmed your heart to see her as she was when she was so healthy and full of life, before the cancer took over. Its so sad that she died at such a young age. If you have had any other experienes with the paranormal, please post them as I would love to hear more from you. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. ❤
umadeztheunicornscared (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
wow... That was really sad 😭. That is sooo sweet how your mother came back to see you ❤ 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: