You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grampa Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Grampa Ghost

 

This story is about the reoccuring presence of my Grampa while I was a child. From the time I could first remember until I was about 12 years old, every Christmas, like clockwork, my Grampa Steele would come visit.

Just a little background, my Grampa Steele was an amazing man who I (still) love dearly. He was an Army veteran, fought in 3 wars (WWII, Vietnam, and Korea) for the country he loved most, an ordained Minister and was a volunteer firefighter on his off time. Amazing, right?

We lost my Grampa when I was around the age of 5. At the time, even though I was so young, I remember feeling like I had just lost my best friend. He loved us so very much and loved to be around us as much as possible, especially my Dad, who he felt very protective of since my Uncle Steve took his own life. According to my Dad, once that happened, Grampa Steele made sure to make as much time for his family as possible. Which is why none of us were ever surprised when, after he passed, every Christmas (usually around the time we put the tree up), he would appear.

My Dad said it started happening the first Christmas after his passing. We all (my parents, 2 sisters and brother that is) seen him at some point. The first time I seen him, I was about 9. It was right after we said our prayers and our dad had tucked us in for the night. My older sister was the one to see him first. I remember her sitting up and just saying "hi, Grampa" very non-chalant like. I rolled over and seen, clear as day, a man that looked exactly like my Grampa when he was a young man, dressed in his Army uniform (I believe they're called the Army Blues, they are the ones they were for special occasions). He smiled, blew us all a kiss and walked down the hall to my parents room. I got up once he left our doorway and watched him walk into my parents room and heard my dad say "Dad, we're alright. Merry Christmas Dad."

For about two more years, he did the same thing. Come in, smile, blow us a kiss and then leave. I know it was just his way of making sure everyone was fine. Even though I haven't seen him since I was about 12, I just know he's still around. He's just got that kind of strong presence that you can feel.

Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by Kimmie_Ann

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kimmie_Ann, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
Ohhh Kimmie, this just made my day! That's perfect and wonderful and oh-so-sweet. Sounds like a truly brilliant soul - Thank you for sharing 😁
Love and light,
Red
Kimmie_Ann (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Thank you all for reading! 😁 I do feel lucky that he's still very much around us. Even as I've gotten older, he always seems to be around. Thanks again for reading! ❤ ❤
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Love the fact he showed up in his blues... A family christmas is a special occasion ❤
ngute80 (220 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Yes Mannerizms someone seems to be trolling. I can'stand trolls 😠.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Is someone trolling for real? I only ask this because I made one reference to that and got down voted?

Oh well, darn poltergeists! 😉

Blessed Be ❤
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
I fixed it, she said nothing wrong!

Sorry about that Kimmie, now as for your grandfather he sounded like an amazing man, if it is him just enjoy the present, I get to sense my grandparents that have passed rarely but instead of question it I just enjoy it. I am happy to see that your grandpa is still showing love for his granddaughter 😊

Blessed be ❤
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Thank you Jav 😊 -
I tried to vote you up but it won't let me. Weird how you got voted down in the first place.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
I agree with ngute, your grandpa was an amazing man. 😊 He served his country, his family, and his faith. He made adjustments when needed and dealt with the pain of losing a child the way he had. I felt a great satisfaction as I read this account and smiled.
Thank you for sharing. ❤

Jav

~ ngute, I hate when people get voted down, so I made sure I added instead ~ 😉
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
Really? I don't understand why I got voted down. Here we go again, another troll 😊
ngute80 (220 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
I agree your Grandpa sounded like an amazing man 😊. I'm very patriotic so I liked your reading your story. Your very lucky you get to see / feel your Grandpa around you often. Thank you for sharing.
AllieAllison (28 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
Wow you grandpa must really love you. You should say something like "grandpa is that you?" or "if it's your grandpa give me a sign? Just so he knows you still remember him
Cool story
Allison

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: