You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Doctors Housecall

Real Ghost Stories

Doctors Housecall

 

Im new to this site and to all forums in general but I have been loving reading and contributing to all of your many experiences and so I've decided to submit one of my own... My story goes back 15 years to the day before my daughter was born.

My mother-in-law (lets call her Wendy she told me she always wished that was her name) was looking into her quartz crystal and said she saw the image of an old fashioned doctor holding a new baby in his arms. The next day her first granddaughter was born.

Now fast forward 7 years and myself my daughter and Wendy go for a trip to our local medical museum. It is a former workhouse that became a hospital and is now a great museum. Wendy is a nurse and has been for over 40 years so she was showing us the old instruments and talking through her many memories and experiences so we left rather late (we were the last to leave). The museum workers were turning the lights off after each exibit we looked at. It was a winters evening so it was dark by the time we were on our way home.

I picked up my partner and he sat in the back of the car with my daughter and asked her about her day. As I looked into the review mirror at my daughter I couldn't see her... But sat where she should have been was an old fashioned doctor! He was only there for a split second and I haven't felt or seen anything since. I'm not sure if he was just curious about us, or whether he could be a spirit guide of my daughters.

Myself and my daughter are both very spiritual and we have seen another of her spirit guides but she's a lady. Is it possible to have more than one or do they change as you go through life?

Other hauntings by Cliney1212

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cliney1212, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Hi Cliney

I really liked your story. Probably a long shot here lol, but the very first thing that sprung to my mind was perhaps your daughter was a doctor in a previous life. The reason I thought that was because the doctor seemed to almost take your daughters place for that split second.

I also really like Jav's idea of the doctor hitching a ride. Maybe he felt drawn to you all becuase you loved the museum so much.

Thanks for sharing 😊
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
It was his clothing that told me he was a doctor he wore a hat a leather neck tie thing a white shirt and a hat he was definitely a doctor probably from around the early 1900s although I'm no expert on history... Funny thing was I wasn't scared although I am a bit scared of mirrors in the dark so I know what you mean javelina and you could be right I never thought of that maybe he was just getting a lift:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
First of all, I have to admit that one of my fears is seeing someone, or something, in a reflective surface. Be it mirror, glass, or the surface of a pond... The thought just chills me.

Now, as far as your experience here, I have got another suggestion concerning this gentleman you saw in the mirror. I am thinking he may not be a spirit guide at all. He sounds like he was simply catching a ride with you, on his way to doing his rounds of patients that are housebound perhaps. Or on his way home even. What was it about him that made you assume he was a doctor? His clothing? Was he carrying an old type Doctors bag?

Jav 😊
Shadow-Girl (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
It might be possible That one was your daughters, and maybe just maybe the other was yours? Its just a thought. (Maybe one felt the presents of the other an followed) 😊
WolfSnake (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
You only ever have one spirit guide. But as you grow older and your personality changes they physically change with you. And since your daughter was young and shes still probably finding herself her spirit guides physical appearance will change. Sometimes even the gender can change if their personality alters enough. When shes more sure of who she is, her spirit guide will stay the same after that.:)
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
There's something very charming about this story. Actually, the first thing I thought of was reincarnation, although I don't know whether you believe in that or not. I believe that sometimes who we were before comes through clearly in this life. Certainly the doctor could also have been a spirit guide or even an ancestor from the prior century. At any rate, he seems to be protective and benevolent towards your daughter.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
Thank you girlie for your comments. I'm not sure whether we have more than 1 guide, somehow I think both instances have a connection to my daughter. The lady we saw seemed to be very important she was a small west Indian lady with long rope braids and wearing a suit... She had a very strict way about her. I knew she was serious business when I saw her] 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
I don't think they change though out life, I believe you keep the same one. But the woman could be your guide. Now, I'm not sure, but it could be possible to have more then one, but I don't really think so.
I bet that didn't help much. But... Yeah watever 😆 😜
GIRLIE ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: