You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grampa Is Still There

Real Ghost Stories

Grampa Is Still There

 

A few months ago my nephew's father in-law Dan died in his sleep. Out of respect for the family I will be changing names.

After my nephew Tim was discharged from the military he could not find a job. So he, his wife Carrie and 2 young daughters, not quite 2 year old Grace and newborn Sara, moved from North Carolina back to N.Y. They moved in with Carrie's parents, Dan and Rita. This worked out well because they were empty nesters, as Carrie's sisters were married and have their own families.

When my nephew called 911 the operator insisted that he perform CPR. Carrie was screaming into the phone that her father was already gone.

A few weeks later the older daughter started talking to someone who wasn't there. When Rita and Carrie asked her who she was talking to, Grace replied grampa. At first they thought Grace just missed Dan and said she was talking to phantom grampa.

Then things started happening. Dan's radio would turn on for no reason. One day Carrie was alone with the little ones and had to go check on them so she just tossed the towel she had on the back of the chair and left the room. When she returned she found the towel neatly folded on the counter.

This was all related to me by my sister Elaine. She told me that Carrie gets freaked out by these experiences and calls her to come over if there is nobody home with her. I told Elaine to tell Carrie, Tim, and Rita to just talk to Dan as if he was there and maybe things would calm down. I can't talk to Carrie or Tim directly because of something that happened years ago and they don't like me.

I hadn't heard anything about this for weeks. Until last week when I was talking to Elaine and she told me weird things keep happening but don't want anyone to know. I don't know if Dan visits Carrie's sisters because Elaine doesn't even know.

So we were chatting about Dan and Rita and Elaine was telling me how when Dan was alive they were becoming known as the Bickersons. I didn't know the couple so I said they seemed nice. Without thinking, Elaine replied, "Try taking a 5 hour car trip with them." I started laughing and she asked me why. I replied, "Well I can't now unless he decided to come along and Rita just started to argue with his astral self."

I imagine Dan is sticking around to watch over everyone, especially his granddaughters. He was only in his mid 60's. Maybe he is waiting for his wife to join him in the afterlife before he crosses over. That should be a long wait because Rita is in her mid 50's.

Tim had been working hard to save money so he and Carrie could buy their own house up here, but Rita asked them to stay with her. I don't know if it's because she wants to be near the babies or if she is afraid of the strange goings on.

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-01)
Hello RedWolf, nice narration and thanks for sharing. It is always better to help, especially on matters relating to paranormal. You have done your part. I think Dan is fond of his grand children and so is protecting them. Well, is he waiting for his wife to join him? As you said, he is going to wait for a long time.lol.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-01)
spiritwaiting and valkricry
You're both right I did try to reach out and help them. I just hope that my sister gave them the message even if she made it sound like it was her idea. I asked her once but she told me she hadn't. She's a bit of a scatter brain so maybe she'll tell them if things get worse. I'm sure Dans' wife is already talking to him or at least bickering with him. 😆
Regards
Red
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
Very true, Redwolf, I too have found it helps to talk to those I miss. I've never understood why some feel you need to go to the cemetery to do that.
I find it sad when folks hold onto grudges. What a waste of energy. Whether your advise was passed on or not, at least you tried.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-09-28)
Redwolf, I have found when I was grieving both my uncle and grandfather, It helped me to heal and accept they werent hear in body form. When I did talk to them (outloud) I could feel both of their warm, peaceful presence around. And I can to this day. You know at least you tried to reach out in your own way. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-28)
Thank you spiritwaiting but I don't think my sister gave them my advice. I always tell people to talk to recently deceased family/friends when I feel they are ready to recieve that advise. I do it myself and it helps with the healing process, and if I find a sign I know they are listening. 😊
I know that I have written stories about this subject. But I'm going to have to read them them to see if I missed anything and write a story to expand on the subject. 😆
Regards
RedWolf
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-09-28)
Redwolf, I agree I believe Dan is just staying behind and carrying on with his regular routine. He's visiting his grandchildren, because he loves them. And whatever hapened a long time ago, it is still awesome you would reach out and try to help them. Nice story

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: