You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shocking Experince

Real Ghost Stories

Shocking Experince

 

My name is Bibek. I'm from Odisha state. It's my first story. I have read most of the stories here.I'm telling my own encounter with a paranormal entity.

It happened five years ago, when I was in college. I was living in a private mess of six students. Let me tell you about the surroundings before I start. Our building was single storey one. The right side plot was vacant. On the left side there were two other buildings. In the last building a widow was living with her three sons. To the left of that building there was a large pond & a graveyard and a small hill nearby. On the back side of our building there was a thick teak forest.

It was one Saturday. Four members of our mess went to their home. So only me and a friend named Sushil was there. At that time there was no laptop or TV in our mess. So after dinner we got bored & started gossip. It topic was cricket, girls etc. I didn't know when it became 1:30 a.m. Suddenly dogs started barking. We ignored it. Because it's not a extraordinary thing in our locality. A lot of stray dogs were out there. After 10 minutes both me and my friend heard the sound of the anklet of a woman along with choodi. It was a very silent night. So we could here it clearly. The source of the sound was not far from 1 feet from our right wall toward the vacant plot. The gap between our wall & the boundary of vacant plot was merely 1 feet. Practically it was inaccessible. Because it was filled with thorny trees.

We both were engineering students. So we didn't panic & started thinking logically. I reminded that we locked our main gate at 9p.m. The gate of the vacant plot was also locked from more than a year. So there was no possibility of anyone to enter except cats, dogs or thief (man definitely). It was impossible for a woman to enter in our plot. Besides why a woman was walking in such a late hour?. The sound continued for more than 20 seconds. So we decided to go outside & take a look. When we came outside, there was nothing near the source of sound. Now we both trembled with fear. That night I didn't sleep. I spent more than a week in our building before, but never experienced such a creepy feeling. This time I was not alone.

We told all of our friend about the incident when they returned. They laughed at us. After a month to that incident it was one weekend. Five members of mess went to our home including me. So only a friend named Sujit was there. As he was alone, he called a old friend (from another mess) to come and live. To my surprise they also experienced the same as us.

It was unexplained. What's your view towards this incident?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hitman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
i second skeptic ari - most of the time we are involved with one line of thought subconsciously that we often skip the basic, fundamental explanation possible to a problem / obstacle and think linearly on it with something else.

Must be cricket. And anyways skeptic ari has written a story "the ghost that wasn't" or something like that:P... Read it - you will get the news.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Incidentally enough, I had a similar experience last evening, and many other evenings too.
I heard anklet sound for the longest time as if a girl/woman was walking with poised footsteps outside my house.
In India,there's a kind of an insect, a cricket, that exactly sounds like an anklet wearing woman walking steadily forever, because the insect never stops rubbing its legs.
I've been hearing this since my childhood.
We are forgetting the sounds of nature in the ruckus of the cities.

Perhaps I wasn't of help, but I never meant to offend your senses.

Thanks
Regards
veigasharel (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
i don't know, but it can even be from certain insects or may be like that... Because some insects realy have strange noise.
ghost28 (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
I do think that maybe it was a dog collar like Jav said. Or maybe the gate rattling in the wind?
Hitman (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
I forgot to tell that, I heard a woman calling my nick name many times in night whenever I sleep in the roof alone. I never dared to look at. Because only my mesh friends knew my nick name & they even hardly call it. Rather they call my good name bibek.
Hitman (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
Thank you guys for your views. But I wasn't alone that night.I'm not superstitious. Me & my friend heard a clear & crisp sound of anklets. As far as I know before we boarded the mess, few college students gang-raped two girls. I don't know whether the girls were murdered. There were only two pet dogs from single owner & both the dogs died in tragic strange incidents. I heartily thank god for protecting me.
meda1 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
well is this realy exp. I'm thinking not. Who cares if something was 1 foot aaway. Believe me woman do walk at late hours. Real exp. Is hearing and seeing things. You got scared over nothing
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
I have to agree with Jav. My thoughts on this experience match with her. It was a small gap between the wall. A small dog could have ran by, or a cat. The dogs could have barked at the cat and it was running for cover.

Thank you for sharing though
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
My thoughts went immediately to the dogs you heard barking in the distance. What if a small dog, not a stray, but a dog with a collar on that had something dangling from it that made the sound you heard? Does the woman in the last building have a small dog, or perhaps a cat that wears a collar?

Jav
SassySrush (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
No offence but it could have been your imagination or the wind or something like that making that noise. As you described the surroundings, one can assume that the locality was quite silent and so you heard the wind blow in different patterns of sound. Could be that way. Besides, did you ever research about the history of the surroundings of your mess?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: