You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Experince Counts

Real Ghost Stories

Experince Counts

 

This story is not one I had experienced. I had heard it from my uncle.

It was during those days when people used to go for fishing at nights, just because it would give them a good yield, probably 15 years back. You should know, during those days there were very few street lights. And it was because of the street light that the incident was possible.

My uncle, coming from a poor background, had to take up fishing during his early days. He was in a small boat with his dad which had some fishing nets. He was keeping himself very close to the land as they neared street lights (although they were placed far from each other). When he was nearing a street lamp, he found a lady dressed in white saree seating on the steps to the river. She had faced down, supporting her head on her knees. Thinking the lady was in problem, he touched her with the rowing stick. The lady got up and revealed her face. It was pale and my uncle knew what he had seen. He just moved his boat swiftly from there. When he turned he could see her glide slowly on the street as the intensity of the street lamp gradually faded into darkness...

I curiously asked him, how did they return unharmed? The answer is not the one which is frequently heard but, yes, it surely comes from experience of our ancestors. He told me that fishing net was a sacred material and would keep away negative energies. This was the reason, he explained, had kept the lady, or well the negative entity, from them and hence they were able to get back home unharmed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jatin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
Pragya, I didn't mean to be rude or say that this was not a true story. As I am from Bombay where fishing used to be and still is the main livelihood of people and yet I had never heard of the fishing nets being sacred. Anyway, now when you explain it, it does make sense.
jatin (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
Swimsinfire,
He was'nt scared to tell the truth. He could sense it from her pale face. And who on earth would sit alone at that earthly hour? And remember its a remote place. Its very uncommon there.
jatin (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-20)
Shlain,
This incident wast my experiece, so I have shared as much I was told. I don't mean to be rude, but I believe this experience to be true as well, without much of fantasy and all. Once again, I don't mean to be rude
Divine9999 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-20)
I truly believe this story. And yes my maternal ancestors were fishermens in gujarat and I know that fishermens net are very sacred. And in my village all houses are surrounded by nets on all 4sides... But an unused net is'nt sacred. Only a torned used old net is sacred.
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
Bliss06- What I gather from fishing net being sacred is this. For a fishing community a net is the means of livelihood and hence considered sacred. Probably his ancestors had lot of sanctity for the object which is a means for them to survive.
Hence they might be holding it sacred. I think its particular to a community.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
This story sounds very familiar. I remember reading a very long winded, too fantasy-like story on here once and it also had a woman in white sitting there like this one. I remember that the author of that story still opened his story by insulting others with comments like none of us have real experiences but his was true. Anyway, just my opinion.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
Interesting story. How did he know the energy was negative? Did the energy feel negative, or was it only his fear of seeing a spirit, which is understandable. Good read.
jatin (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
This incident took place near mangalore, karnataka although I have never visited that place
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
I am from India too and frankly speaking I have never heard about the fishing nets being sacred, anyway which state are you from?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: