You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was I Saved By The Shadow Dog?

Real Ghost Stories

Was I Saved By The Shadow Dog?

 

Before I start, I just wanted to let you guys know that it was not just in one place. I am being stalked, but this is the most real experience so far.

Most of it really started when I was 9. Growls in the silence of night and such things. What really spiked it is when I heard a woman's voice. She was screaming for help, then a growl, and silence again.

The one time that I was truly scared is when I was sick for over a week. Headache, upset stomach, nothing special really. Until a week ago, my 16th birthday. It was about 11 at night and I heard something moving in my room. No big deal because I have 2 cats. But, I also heard a growl and my room was freezing cold.

I looked up and there was a black dog with pits for eyes, growling at me. It leaped straight for me after staring me down for a moment, and disappeared into the wall behind me. My sheets were colder then the air around me. Why?

When I looked back to my window that is on my right, there was a shadow of a man and what looked like he was pointing a gun at me. I could see him as clearly as I could see the lamp across the street from my fourth story bedroom window. He was off to the right of it, just holding the gun pointing straight at me. I then saw the shadow of the dog attack the man. He grunted and yelled, and then it went back to silence. I stayed up for a while, making sure that the man did not come back to shoot me in my sleep.

I want help on how to stop this. I have not slept well in days. I feel sick to my stomach and I am terrified. Please help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Grimdog,
My issue is with the eyes and the description used to indicate the animal is, or could be, a Hellhound. I have an issue with the glowing eyes indicator that so many attribute to belonging to the mythical creature known as the Hellhound. My post is all about that, and that alone.

Jav
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I think what Jave meant by "hunting dogs" is "dogs that hunt"...
Grimdog (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
[at] jav
I never advocated hunting or harming them in any way I'm mearly correcting others who have posted claiming it to be a hellhound when they obviously need to do more research on what defines a "hellhound" I personally love dogs, hellhounds included, I'm using this site to continue my research of them. If I did not care about them I would not be here. As you can see I adviced them NOT to be afraid of it. Perhapse you should read my post better?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
[at] Grimdog,
I realize it is a special subject for you so I am merely here to clear this one item up. Hunting dogs, whether wild or domesticated, but most especially those that hunt at night, have eyes that glow. Red, orange, yellow, what have you. I should also note that K9s with blue eyes will as well. The fact that any dog may have eyes that glow at night is not something you can automatically use to hang them with the Hellhound monicker. By doing so, you are propagating a myth that could ultimately get a treasured pet hurt or worse. Please be more careful in how you label these animals, we all have a responsibility to avoid putting them in harms way on the simply because their eyes glow in the dark of night.

Jav
Grimdog (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
If it didn't have glowing eyes it's not a hellhound, hellhounds can have red, yellow or green glowing eyes given that it had "pits for eyes" my guess is its a shadow hound wich is a type of shade along the same lines as a shadow person except well it's a dog.
I wouldn't be afraid of it, to be honest it sounds residual to me.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
motherhen03;

Hell hounds are only protectors of the gates of hell they are not allowed to walk amongst the living as protectors of people.

There are Spirit animals like dogs or wolves which appear white or black the colors though do not mean anything it is just how they show themselves.

The black dog which Anette saw could have been a protector of some kind possibly a familiar or a former pet.
aquakirin (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
I have heard of many black dogs. I myself have seen 3.
Yes as others here have said they are omens of death but can also be hunters.

Hunters tend to hang around cross roads and that's where I have seen two.
As long as you have not heard them howl you should be mostly fine.
motherhen03 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
The hellhounds are normally protectors, I had one as a companion for nearly a decade, I wouldn't worry if I were you, protectors like the hell hounds tend not to make their presence known unless needed.
RebeccaRay (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
I don't know if I can help you but don't overthink things. The dog might have set his eyes on the man without really intending to "save" you, even if it did. Or it might pray on you and doesn't want anything else to take you away.
Maybe it likes you.
I have never seen a black dog myself but I remember clearly that I heard a dog growl when I stepped outside the door one late night. I didn't dare turn to look and instead ran inside. Just know you're not alone.
Hitsugaya_Toshiro_ice (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
And, try to calm down. Don't stressed out also don't be scared (I know its easier said than done)
I don't want you to be sick because of spirit.
Always think the positive and pray for the best.
Is your house old? If it is, you might want to check the history of your house.

Remember, don't show your fear
and good luck to you 😉
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
I have heard of the black dog but it is usually about it being an omen of death. I have also never heard of a black dog that had pits for eyes only piercing red eyes.

Has anyone died after your experience with the black dog either family member or a friend?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: