You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow: My Worst Experience

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow: My Worst Experience

 

When I was 11 years old, my family moved into a 30 year old house in the countryside. From the start, I constantly felt like I was being watched. I was always left alone in the house because my parents were always working and my sister was always at volleyball practice, but I have never felt alone from all the experiences I have had here.

I've had mostly only run-ins with meaner spirits, some I believe to be demons. I used to wake up in the morning with scratches all over my arms. Once I had a gash in my stomach and in my leg, which I still have scars from. Just this morning, I found a burn mark on my left arm. I could always see things brush past me, and a shadow-like man crawled up the walls and all over the ceiling, and peeking behind furniture, watching me. Sometimes I would sit in my bed and I would see him charge at me and then disperse. I wrote about him a lot in my journal and referred to him as The Shadow.

One night a few months before I turned 13, I was relaxing in my living room at 3 in the morning because the heat was keeping me awake. I was writing about my day in my journal and reading through everything just to keep myself occupied. But, I had what I still say is my worst experience while I sat there, and I recorded everything that was happening as it happened. This is my entry:

"Today, I was listening to my mp3 player while reading my book. Then the radio turned on by itself! It was really scary. Oh crap! I think I just saw something. It's in the corner of the wall by the closet, I'm going to see what it is. Hold on a sec. Whatever it is, it's in the closet. I hear something, too. It's like a cricket only continuous. And the sound disappears when I turn my head. I'm really scared. I wish someone else was here. It stopped... The door just creaked. God, I thought this was going to stop happening to me! I'm really scared, I can't say that enough! Omg, something's outside the door I just saw it! WTF! I'm going to my room! Okay, I'm in here, and I turned the lights on. They're flickering but they always do that, the lightbulbs are old. Everything seems much calmer now. I think I'm going to go to bed.

PS. The couch was moving, too.

PPS. OMG! THE SHADOW IS IN MY DOORWAY!"

I didn't describe it much, but I remember every detail. The cricket sound I was talking about was also mixed with a fizzing noise, sounding almost like a growl. I saw three orbs of light land on the couch by me, which was also right when I saw something go to the corner by the closet I mentioned. It looked like a dress shirt with a tie, but that's all I could see. When I got up to check the closet, it was slightly open. I went to open it but I was overwhelmed by a sense of dread and the air around the door was chilled like ice. So I closed it. It reopened, so I went back to the couch.

When the front door creaked, I watched it as much as I could while I was writing. I will never forget what I saw in the door. It was a pale face, with blackened eye sockets. It's mouth was open, and the inside was black too. It had its hands pressed up against the glass and it was just staring at me. Just as I saw it, the couch started shaking, so I ran to what was my bedroom at the time. My bed was right in front of the door, so I jumped on it and wrote that I was in my room. Then I turned around, and I saw The Shadow standing in the doorway.

Before this time, I had never seen him off of the walls or standing straight up at all. I grabbed my Bible and read Psalm 91 aloud twice before looking up and seeing he was gone. I slept with my Bible under my pillow for 4 years after that until I switched rooms.

I don't remember seeing him after this happened, but I still see things brush past me in my house and I have an eerie feeling of constantly being watched. For a while I just thought it was my imagination and my mom's blessing the house finally worked. But something happened recently that made me think that he's still here, but he's torturing spirits instead of me. I had an encounter with a little boy a few nights ago, and I'll post the story on that next.

My sister said that when we first moved here, she had one encounter happen in her old room (which is now my current room). She said she always thought it was a dream until I started telling her about my experiences.

One night, around 3 or 4 in the morning, she woke up and sat up in bed, seeing a black figure standing over her. She remembers feeling strange about it, like she didn't understand what was going on, but her body was paralyzed with fear. Then, the figure jumped at her and pushed her onto the bed, holding her down. She remembers him being very heavy. And she knew the time because when this happened, she turned her head, which was facing her clock, and saw the time. Then, she felt the figure put pressure on her neck and slowly felt herself drain away. She realized later that she might have felt him biting her and her blood was draining out, but at the time, she just thought she was dying. In what felt like a blink, she woke up, in the same position as before, and saw that a few hours had passed.

She told me she had thought she died so she didn't understand what was going on until she realized she was still alive. But that was the only experience she had, and no one else has seen anything else except for me.

Other hauntings by SoullessMuffinz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoullessMuffinz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
First of all, I agree with Sds about doing a cleansing / blessing of the house.

Secondly, if your mother wants to do it, fine but I think it's wrong for her to tell you that it wouldn't work if you do it because you have a black heard. I think that's unkind and last time I checked horror movies don't bring demons into the house. It is scary and will keep you at a state fear for a little while and during that time, the paranormal will be easier to get to you but they have to be already in the house to do that.

My suggestion would be that you let your mother do it but also that you do it to. Unlike what your mother said, if you do a cleansing / blessing, do it with pure intend and heart, then it will be okay. The way you describe your situation, thing there might be several spirits in your home and not all of them nice, especially with the Shadow Man being the strongest negative influence. It might take several turns before these types of negative influences leave for good. Good luck and keep us updated.
ganda_cnd (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
I think its a demon and its attached to the room. You really should consult an expert... This is a really scary experience, just take care and thanks for sharing
SoullessMuffinz (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
Ephemeraismylove and falling_feathers:
I honestly don't think it's a vampire, simply because my sister had no marks on her when she woke up in the morning and other than the cuts I've received, there's been no real loss of blood. So I think an Inccubus or a demon sounds more likely.

Sds:
I really would love to cleanse the house, and I talked to my mom about it, but she says she'll do it herself but only if I give up watching horror movies. She insists they're bringing demons into the house. Which, I know is not true because I've had issues since before I started watching horror movies. Also, she says that I have a dark and clouded heart and if I try and cleanse the house myself, it won't work. But I know that's bullshiat so I am thinking of doing it myself. The room is now a gameroom and I still see a few things here, but not as bad as it was. And I would love to consult an expert, but my parents won't allow it.
falling_feathers (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
Does sound like a vampire in your sisters room... I was skeptical of spirits for a long time until stuff started happening to me so who says other supernatural creatures aren't real? Could have been sleep paralysis though, maybe even an Incubus? I'm not really sure what you could do if you've blessed the house. I'm new to this kind of thing 😕
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
I feel that it is a negative entity. If your Mom has cleansed the house and for some time and since then there was no problem for you, why not you do it again? You can also follow rook's method of cleansing mentioned in this site elsewhere. Also, I want to ask you who has now taken the room, which you used earlier. If someone has taken it, did you enquire what happened to them. Whether he/she has seen the black figure. If want the negative energy/entity to be driven away, why not consult an expert in paranormal and ward off the energy. I think that would be the best option available to you before any one gets hurt.
Ephemeraismylove (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
Sounds like a vampire but I really don't know it might also have been an Inccubus or mabey a demon of some sort, creepy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: