You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Returning The Batteries

Real Ghost Stories

Returning The Batteries

 

This story took place when I was 15 years old in 1996. One Saturday morning my little brother (lets call him John) came into my room and woke me up. He was 14 years old and on that day he was having a trip with the Boy Scouts that would last the whole day.

John NEVER gets into my room. He and my big brother are afraid because of the shadows sometimes can be seen inside. Even I used to avoid going into my room unless it was for sleeping at night. But on that special Saturday morning John wanted the batteries from my TV remote control as he wanted to take his Walkman to hear music during the trip.

I told John, "Okay, you can take the batteries, but I want you to put them back in the remote control when you come back." He agreed on doing so and he went away.

That night at 8pm my parents went to pick up John and brought him home. He got out of the car and my parents left on a date. (They used to go out every night to have a cup of coffee no matter what.)

I was home alone. All the lights in the house were out, except for the light at my parents' bedroom where I was watching TV. My parents' bedroom is on the second floor. The next thing I heard was the front door closing with a loud noise and my little brother running up the stairs and then I saw him getting into the room. I was amazed on how fast his fear to darkness made him run and when he got in I was laughing because it only took him 10 seconds to get there.

When you get to the top of the stairs you will be facing a wall, if you look to the left you can see my bedroom at the end of the hallway and one door on one side that takes you to my brother's room. If you look to the right you have my parents' bedroom. The first thing John said to me when he got to my parents' bedroom was, "Your door is open!" (My brothers have asked me kindly to never leave my bedroom door open because of the shadows). I apologized for leaving it open (I didn't see that as a problem... If all the lights were off you can't see shadows, right?) and we talked about his trip.

A few minutes later I told him I wanted to go to bed and that I needed my batteries. He thought that I would say that and he had taken the batteries out of the Walkman and placed them in the little table located at the top of the stairs. I told him that was not the deal, the deal was to put them back in my remote control. Then he started mumbling stuff (apparently angry) and then he said, "All right, but you come with me!"

We went out of my parents' bedroom and turned on the hallway light. There was nothing on the little table at the top of the stairs. I got angry because they were not there and he started swearing he had dropped them there when he climbed up the stairs, so we thought perhaps because of his hurry to reach for the only bedroom with a light on in the house he had dropped them and they had fallen behind the table or down the stairs. We looked everywhere.

In the end I told him I would never lend him anything again because he doesn't know how to take care of things. I walked into my room, turned on the light and screamed.

My little brother came in a hurry and we both stared at the batteries that were placed in the middle of my bed by the side of the remote control.

I know it had not been John who put them there, because he is truly afraid of my bedroom and also because when I heard him reaching the top of the stairs it only took him 2 seconds to get into my parents' bedroom where I was.

Other hauntings by NellyPerks

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NellyPerks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

arina (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
That's a really scary thing
You should take care girl
That does happen in horror
Films so be carefull I can't
Give any advise or explanation
But I can just say be very carefull 😳 😆 🤔
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
This story seemed eerie to me! I enjoyed it though. Did your brothers eventually get used to your room?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Indeed it was being helpful no doubt it was observing you both when you were looking for the batteries. On the other hand it was just playing a playfull prank and removed the batteries from the table and then placed on the bed next to the remote. Seems as though it was being helpful and playful and just wanting a bit of acknowledment in my opinion. Good account.
Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
I agree with cosmogal, I think the experience was positive. I wouldn't have freaked out and not sleep in there that night. It's clear that this spirit was only helping you. If I was the spirit, I would have thought,'i help you with the batteries, and then you choose not to sleep in the room?'. I understand from your point though. Thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😊
NellyPerks (6 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Some of the shadows move... There is one that looks like a skinny man and he always appears behind the tv... The ones that move you can only see their heads because they crawl, but if you look to the footboard you can see them moving
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Creepy, but very cool story. I think whatever was in your house was just trying to be helpful. It knew that you wanted the batteries to be put back in the remote, but when your brother left them on the table it moved them to where they were supposed to be. 😊
BitterSweetMissy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
That is so scary. If I we're you I don't have the strength to sleep in that room again.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Thank you for replying 😊. Oooh that is doubly freaky now thanks! What kind of shadows do You be seeing? And, do they move? 😨
NellyPerks (6 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Blackmoonmage20: I did what I usually used to do when something like this happened, I slept in my parents bedroom floor until they told me it was time to sleep again in my own bedroom. Is not like something was going to hurt me or anything so I didn't find a reason not to go back.

Casper_the_ghost: He took them because I then got up, made my bed and set the empty remote control on the side bed table... Then left the room and I didn't go in for the rest of the day. I was not scared of the shadows but I felt better not having to look at them:)
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
This story genuinely creeped me out, thanks for sharing! Now I know I won't sleep tonight! Haha

Do you think he possibly didn't take them at all, and then made out he did to make you scared?

I'm just trying to come up with understandable natural explanations as I'm all shook up uh-huh huh 😳
paranorm12 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
omg, I would never sleep in that room, like, ever. You have got to go someplace else.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Really,really scary story. If I were you, I wouldn't sleep in my bedroom ever again if that happens to me. What did you do after that?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: