You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Whoopy Underneath The Table

Real Ghost Stories

Whoopy Underneath The Table

 

This story occured to me 2 months ago, when my husband was out on a business trip. He really travels a lot. I should start by saying I've always experienced stuff like this, so now when it happens I just say "oh well..."

This house were we live now (we've been living here for 5 months) has a big open space where there's the kitchen, dinning room and living room all together. This big room has 2 doors, one is the front door and the second one is the door that goes to the hallway where you can find the bedroom doors.

One night I was watching TV and received a call from my husband. He was preparing to go to work (my nights were his mornings where he was). He asked me about our dog Whoopy, who is a cocker spaniel and I told him she was sleeping under the center table in the living room (I could only see her little leg). We kept on talking for another 10 minutes and then we said good night. It was 11:30pm already so I looked at Whoopy's little leg and said "come on girl! Off to bed!" and she just pulled her leg underneath the table so I couldn't see her anymore.

I was tired so I went to the hallway door and said "if you don't come in you'll have to sleep in there!", but I didn't hear her walking towards me. It's very easy to know when Whoopy is walking because she has long nails (the guy at the shop refuses to cut them shorter when I take her for a bath) and we have a wooden floor.

I figured she would be afraid of the dark so I turned off all of the lights from the switches we have by the side of the hallway door so the only light on would be the one from the hallway. I said "Come girl!" one more time and that's when I heard her walking. But the steps were not comming from the big room, they were comming from behind me. I looked back and I saw Whoopy comming out of my bedroom.

As this could not be, because I had seen her pulling her leg underneath the table, I turned on all the lights and went to the living room, bended over and oh surprise... There was nothing underneath the table.

I don't know how is this possible. She would have had to pass by my side to go to the bedroom and make noise with her paws.

In other ocassion it happened to me that I saw my little brother staring at the phone while it was ringing when in fact he wasn't there, as I told in another story, he was the one making the phone call that I picked up... I think this might be the same.

Other hauntings by NellyPerks

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NellyPerks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
NellyPerks,

What is the age difference between you and your brother? Not that it will make a difference with what I'm going to say but...

My youngest son (13) and my wife (38) share a 'connection' that allows for that 'back and forth' of her verbal questions/replies and his mental answers/questions. Makes me nuts when I ask him something and he looks at me, but doesn't say anything but seems to expect me to have heard his answer. There are times he swears he's answered out loud, but My wife, his older brother and sister and myself have to convince him he never spoke.

The 'living residual' theory seems to cover what you may have experienced with your dog. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
NellyPerks (6 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Seeing my brother when he was not there just happened once, I got scared when I answered the phone and he started talking to me, I was like "weren't you here a second ago?"... My brother made me promise I would not tell him if that happened again with him. What keeps happening sometimes is that I answer questions he does not make outloud, but only with him (he does not like that). Like, when we were both reading books in the living room:

Me: in Houston I think
Him: mmm, I'm not sure
Me: I'm pretty sure it happened there
Him: wait! How did you know what I was thinking?
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
I'm really interested in the mention of your little brother and the phone call. Has that happened any other time? Sounds like you have a gift of sight.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Omg! Love this story, going into favorites. ❤
Something similar happened with one of our cats. I saw him laying by the hall door one night, so I stopped to pet him and then went through the door, shutting it behind me. I heard my husband a minute later, talking to the cat as I walked into the bathroom. There, sitting on the edge of the sink, was the cat I knew damn well was in the hallway! I thought I had lost my mind, then my hubby came in and wanted to know how Gratch had gotten into the bathroom so quickly. The idea of animal doppelgangers had never occurred to me until then lol.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Great true tale. The title should be..."The Phantom Paw"! And I thought the same thing, NP, except think its spelled "whoopee".
brenttan (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
These spirits are the masters of illusion. They do that to mess with your mind and to unsettle you in fear and unease. Not being good spirits, just like very good persons don't want to scare you, but mischievous ones get a kick out of scaring others, and disturbing others.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
NellyPerks,
Yes it sounds like a living residual image has been recorded of whoopy being under that table. I wonder how long these images last in the environment if they weren't made because of any traumatic situation?
Thank you for sharing.

Jav

~ [at] Lou
Well, now I'm all red in the face embarrassed. I followed you over! 😉
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
NP,
Interesting account. Having grown up in the seventies and watching the Newlywed Game on TV, I must admit I was slightly disappointed.

;) Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: