You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Camping At The Mountains

Real Ghost Stories

Camping At The Mountains

 

This story happened when I was 21 and I used to go climbing mountains during the weekends. By that time I don't remember anything I liked more than climbing, so every weekend I took my gear and drove to the mountains one hour away from home. I also used to to take my tent because I loved sleeping in the mountains and coming home the next day.

So one Saturday morning I took my gear and tent as usual and got into my car. When I arrived there I found my friends and they told me they didn't feel like climbing as someone had just suffered an accident and the police were trying to find out how it happened.

We didn't go back to the city. We stood there by the mountainside in the camping site. It was something like a farm, but not really. It was a large extension of land with one very small "house" in the middle, and by house I mean it was just a room where there was only a table and a kitchen for us to prepare a, not that fancy, meal.

Camping At The Mountains

After talking for a while, showing tricks, setting the tents and having dinner (we didn't drink as we were going to climb the next morning at 6am) we all went to sleep.

At 4am or something like that I felt the need of going to the bathroom. I thought of the possibility of holding it until there was light outside, but that couldn't be done. I took my flashlight and went out.

At one end of the land there were the bathrooms. They were far away from the camping site so I started singing a song to myself to soothe me. You could easily see the bathrooms from the distance because the lights were on. So when I got there I got in (no door) and there were 8 toilets, but no doors! Just a wall separating them, so I went to the last one figuring out if someone came in they wouldn't see me with my pants down.

When I got out of the bathroom I started walking to my tent, but suddenly there was this sudden breeze accompanied by a woman's sad sigh. I looked back and standing there in the entrance to the bathroom there was a woman who looked very sad and had her eyes on me. I was already at the halfway point between my tent and the bathroom, but I kept on looking at her (mostly because I thought "if I look back she is going to be standing there for sure"). She was just standing there and I just stood there looking at her I don't know for how long. The thing is, I was really scared, but I have seen these kinds of things a lot, and once it happened to me that I looked back and the ghost was near me, so I didn't want that to happen again. I thought that seeing her from a distance wouldn't be as bad as if she was standing next to me.

I knew everyone in the camping site and I had been inside the bathroom so I didn't know where did she come out. After an eternity she disappeared with a second breeze and I ran for it. I got into my tent and promised to myself I would never ever drink a lot of water just before going to bed.

Other hauntings by NellyPerks

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NellyPerks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mic_cur102 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
In Mexico there is a story of a lady who fell in love with a man. The man told her that in order for him to love her, she had to drown her kids. So she drowned her kids and went to go talk to the man only to find out that he fell in love with another women. So she drowned herself and the story goes on with her walking around earth looking for her kids CRYING and SAD. Her name is the Weeping Lady aka La Llorona. Hope this clears stuff up.:) Sorry it so late
zyke17 (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
MizMiMi02-yeah I think the ghost is trying to get help from him that's why there's a sad sigh, she thought that the guy could help her.
Nellyperks- I think the ghost is harmless though... I think you should have talk to her and asked if there's anything you could help her.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
NellyPerks- I stand corrected.:) It would be interesting to know if anyone else had an experience like this. Very interesting.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I think it was one of those incidents where you were in a place where you just happened to be in a place where a ghost was just passing though.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Nelly,
I enjoyed your story very much... Any clue who she was?
Thanks,
Lou
NellyPerks (6 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Well, actually, the person who had the accident was a man... He decided to climb on his own without telling anybody where he was going and so a day passed before he was found
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Sounds like maybe you encountered the confused spirit of the accident victim, and she was reaching out for assistance. I hope she has found her way to where she needs to be. And good call on easing up on the water before bed! LOL

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: