You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Do I Do?

Real Ghost Stories

What Do I Do?

 

This story relates to my first story 'Was my dad visiting his granddaughter?'. Just a quick reminder of that story, one night when I was trying to settle my daughter I saw the shadow of a man walk from the doorway of the bedroom stop at my daughters cot then carry on and stop next to my bed...

Since that night there has been a lot more things happening in my flat but not all of them feel like the same spirit/energy or whatever it is. There have been nights when I am going about my business and I will hear somebody whisper my name or the bedroom door will open when there is nobody in there, these times I don't feel scared at all if I'm completely honest it does feel like I'm living again with my dad and it is a very comforting feeling, another thing that confirms that feeling is my 2 year old daughter seems to feel the same way and sometimes will even talk to 'grandad'.

Those times are ok, like I said they don't worry me at all, but I think there is something else here. I don't know what this other thing is, all I know is it isn't a nice being.

This thing scares my daughter when she's in bed, I don't know what it does to scare her but she calls it the monster and she makes it very clear that she doesn't like it. It has also done things to me as well.

a few weeks ago I was in the kitchen making dinner when suddenly my daughter's medicine was 'thrown' at me and smashed on the floor cupboard doors will open and slam shut, and I almost always feel as if I'm being watched from the hallway and my bedroom. There's times I feel so scared I can't even go and get my crying daughter I have to get my partner to do it, it is the worst feeling.

I'm sorry if this story was very interesting or scary but this is my life and I'm worried for myself and my daughter and don't know what to do.

I don't know whether to try cleansing as I don't want my dad gone (I know that may sound stupid or selfish but it's the way I feel)

Other hauntings by teenagewitch21

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teenagewitch21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
i just want to say thank you to rookdygin for the cleansing thing, I have done it and so far it seems to have worked no bad feelings and no complaints from my daughter. Still early days though as I only did it 2 days ago but so far so good ❤
butthead (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
while nasty spirits can try to pretend to be good, they still don't give off a comfortable feeling when being around.
I'd like to think this was indeed your father, during the times you felt such comfort, quite probably there looking out for you, especially when there is something not nice around.

I also don't think that a cleansing would remove the presence of your father, especially if done right. They are to ward away nasty spirits generally as they tend to aim at removing negativity.
I also believe your father is quite likely your gaurdian angel.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
teenagewitch21,
I can answer that one for Rook since it's his night off. You go ahead and do it now, less distractions to pull your mind away from the task at hand. Follow that up by performing the shielding method, this will ensure things don't get back in. You can also shield other structures on your property, and vehicles as well. Any time after you've finished the first cleansing that you feel things are beginning to stir up again, simply repeat the process. At first, it is recommended that you repeat this process a couple of times anyway, just to get that extra boost of protection and clear the atmosphere in the home (that's the best part).
But that is up to you really. You will know if there are changes in the air, and when to address them. Enjoy!

Jav
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
thank you everybody for all your comments especially to Rook for the cleansing thing I will definatly try that, just one question about it, as I have never needed anything like it before I wouldn't know, it has been quite quiet for about a week now so do I do the cleansing now or wait for anything to happen again?
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
hi thankyou for your story I found it interesting, psalm 23 is the prayer for protection, say this prayer. Ask a priest to bless your home, good luck. DI.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
I agree with the other posters about doing the cleansing. The one Rook posted works because I have personally tried it. Also, like the other poster said, the cleansing is only meant to get rid of unwanted or evil entities. If your father is still there, then it means that he is there to protect your family.
Liana (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Dear there are prayers like Saint Micheal or there is a prayer called (Priere de la Saint Croix) that in french in english its Prayer of the Holy Cross, if you can get one of these prayer and attach one with you and daugher I'm sure no evil spirits will attack neither of you. You can also buy medallion of the Virgin Mary or other Saint that is told to defend people in battle have it blessed with Holy water and either wear it in a necklace or attach it with you. It will protect you against evil spirit not the good one like your dad.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
I think a cleansing method is just a way of asserting control over your environment and letting the universe know what you will and will not tolerate. I agree with Rook it will no affect your dad if you desire his presence and you can let him know that when you feel him near. Take control and send whatever negative energy that is affecting you packing.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
I think possibly your dad is around to protect you from this violent spirit. I would try speaking to your dad when you feel his presence. He may be able to get rid of the unwanted spirit himself. Also, no matter what... Your dad will always be around you. He will visit from time to time but I think he maybe has some people in his other world to visit with also.

Good luck to you and keep us updated.

Zeta.
Blinky (2 stories) (13 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Never discount the fact that there are other entities out there that will and can disguise themselves as a passed loved one. This happened to a good friend of mine when she was grieving.

I would definitely find a good cleansing method and see if that works. I think that anything that is bothering your child that much to make her cry and to make her scared is probably not that friendly nor do you want it around.
JayGamer (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Try using salt on doors, windows, bed of yours and your daughter's it may help but I recommend cleansing.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
teenagewitch21- I would do the cleansing and as a father myself I can tell you that I would not want anything bothering my children and neither would your father want anything to bother you or his grandchild. I wish you the best and thanks for sharing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
A cleansing should only rid a home on negative energies/entities and you 'dad' should remain unaffected. I happen to know a good one and will include it.

As far as this 'other thing' you are feeling/experiencing it may be attracted to the 'energy' level in your home... If there is enough 'energy' for your Dad to manifest then this other 'spirit/entity' may have been 'drawn' in by that energy. Or if there are negative things happening in your life it may have been attracted by that... And is now trying to 'enhance' that negative energy so that the 'home environment' suits it.

This is only MY OPINION. Please try this method... Keeping in mind that it may take more than one attempt to get rid of all the negative energy in the home that this 'spirit/entity' may be using.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated, and fell free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: