You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Who's In There?

Real Ghost Stories

Who's In There?

 

This story takes place in the same house as my story "The Dripping Wet Shadow."

It was the weekend and my mom and her boyfriend, whom we lived with in Phoenix, went out of town up north for the weekend and it was just me at the house. I invited my friend Dustin over to hang out for the night and play games and guitar. The night was awesome! Had a great jam session, ordered pizza and now we're on to playing Cool Boarders 2, since I just bought the game and all.

While having our heads in our new addiction, we kept hearing bings, bangs and booms. At first we thought it was just the video game, so we just kept playing like nerdy teenagers. I must admit a little liquor was involved that night, which helped drown out the sound of the extra noise being heard in the house, but we weren't drunk by any means. I mean c'mon, we were 15! Who gets smashed at 15 years old?! (looks around innocently, whistling) So, after hearing these noises randomly while playing I decided to pause the game and mute the TV and wait for it to happen again. Low and behold, we heard it. "Nah, it's just the fridge", I said. Unpaused the game and kept playing. Then, there was a big boom. Loud enough where we jumped, stood up and waited for something else to happen while we stared at the laundry room door that leads into the garage. I paused the game and muted the TV once more and slowly walked into the kitchen. More noises, but not as loud as we were hearing. First instinct, call the police. Hesitation set in when I realized I was a minor that smelled like booze. Thought for a second on how we could handle the situation on our own, but then another big boom and some other noises that sounded like things were being moved and rearranged in the garage.

"911. What's your emergency?"

"There's someone in my garage and they're making a lot of noise in there! Can you send someone to the house to check it out?"

"We have an officer on his way."

Cops showed up. Three of them. Luckily they never asked how old I was because we forgot to hide the liquor, but I'm sure they're not dumb and they never said anything about it. They searched the entire house, specifically the garage, and they found nothing. They concluded it was probably a cat. I was convinced. Well, until after they had left and I had remembered how loud those few bangs were. If it was a cat, it was banging it's head against the wall or having WWE Smackdown with itself. Cat theory, out the door. This is when it started to dawn on me that I may have something paranormal here. If there was a person in the garage the police would have caught him for sure, but no one turned up.

Shaking the whole situation off, we turned the game back on to get back on track to a fun night. Not even 30 minutes had gone by since the police left and it started up again. Not knowing what to do really, I expressed my idea about a ghost and my friend Dustin called his friend, which I don't remember her name, and she brought over a Bible. She said a few prayers and offered to leave the Bible there with us for protection. Not a single peep the whole time she was there, until she left.

This time the noises were more violent and louder. I called the police again and told them it started back up, so she sent more cops over. This time 5 of them showed up. Once again, another sweep, a little more thorough this time, which included the attic but still found nothing. They said if it starts up again to call them back, then they left.

By this time it's pretty close to midnight. It was pretty close to an hour since the cops left the second time and I thought that was it, no more weird stuff in my house. I thought too soon. Same noises, same volume, everything. Called them right back, but this time they brought 8 cops and the ghetto bird. Kind of embarrassing when you wake all your neighbors when a helicopter is hovering above your house with the spot light directly on it. Took them about 15 minutes to do a sweep of the entire property but as usual they came up empty handed. I wasn't going to call the police the next time this happened. I already caused them enough grief. We decided to take matters into our own hands. We grabbed a baseball bat and advanced towards the garage in hopes to find SOMEONE so we could beat the tar out of em', tie them up and show the cops who the real men were, but I was the one calling the police 3 times because I was hearing noises, so who was the real man now? LOL!

We got about 5 feet from the door, then the noises returned, but this time there was no pause between noises. It was constant banging that gradually got louder and louder over a period of about 10 seconds, which means it was getting closer and closer to the door. We grabbed our bats and our shoes and ran out of the house. Didn't get too far down the street until I turned around and saw a man in 50's style mechanics clothing standing in the front yard facing us, watching us run. We kept running. After 3 sweeps through the house, once with the helicopter, I was confident this wasn't just some guy hiding out in the garage looking to mess with us. Not surprised something like this would happen in that house because all sorts of stuff has happened there.

This is the funny part of the story. We were running in the direction of my friend Alex's house, still holding our shoes and bat, and decided that would be a great place to go for the night since his parents really didn't care who or what time friends came over as long as we were quiet. Little did we know that Alex was actually still awake. Very awake at that since he took a few hits of acid and was hanging out on the side of his house this late at night. Yeah, we scared the crap out of him! I mean if you're on acid, sitting by yourself on the side of the house, which was along side the road we were running on, and it's all quiet, then you see 2 guys running at you with a bat and shoes in hand while tripping: you're going to freak out!

We told him the story. He decided that he was going to go back to my house and kill the guy that was in there. We tried stopping him but he insisted on going. I remember asking him, "What if he kills you first?" He replied, "Well then I'll come back to life and then I'll kill him." We just let him go. We stayed on the side of his house. Had nowhere else to go. We had waited for him to come back, but after 45 minutes we started to get worried. We looked around the corner to peer down the street to see if he was on his way, but there was no sign of him. I was worried we were going to go back and find him dead in my house. Then the police would have a real reason to come over this time. We decided to go find him. I didn't want to go back, I didn't want to go in house, I didn't even want to be on the same street, but we had to. We got to the front yard and were trying to peek in the windows to see if we could see him but the curtains weren't cracked enough. So, we decided on three, we were going to barge in the front door and do what we had to do in whatever situation was on the other side. One, two, THREE!

We ran into the house and the only situation that was going on was Alex, eating our left over pizza, drinking a mixed drink and playing our video game. I. WANTED. TO. KILL. HIM. Never saw the man or had that type of experience in that house again. Alex was defriended for about a week, but I took him back.;)

Other hauntings by ryanrowe82

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ryanrowe82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blacksky (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Haha, omg really! Those cops were very tolerant, I would not have had that luck they would have took me in. Great story!
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Newhunter-thanks for letting me know haha (I don't know these English folk haha).
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
It's a possibility, but considering I'm not the only one who's had experiences in that house I'm sure it was just another occurence.
Shadowyne33 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
I wonder if the ghost in your house was trying to save your friend who was on LSD? Maybe something bad was going to happen to him, since the activity stopped when he was there and safe for the night?
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
The story was humours I agree think its going on my faves. Sam a ghetto bird is a police helicopter
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Excellent story, you made it sound very comical. What is a "ghetto bird?" Apologies in advance I am from England haha x
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
That last paragraph cracked me up. I can picture you guys busting in and your friend sitting there with the pizza, a drink, and the controller. LOL! 😆That was great!

I have to hand it to your police department, they are very tolerant, and thorough. 😊
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
3, 5 and then 8 cops, sweeping your house completely?
Do they have nothing better to do?

... Loved the last part. Bye bye pizza:-)
Gargoyle (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Ryanrowe82
That's brilliant, great account and like BadJuuJuu, I needed a laugh and you took me back a bit to my own teen years.
Excellent!

Gargoyle
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Thanks guys! I try to make my stories a little humorous. Adds a little more personality to them. My and her boyfriend were staying somewhere for the night for some occasion. Dont remember where they were, I just knew they werent going to be home that night, which is why the booze was out.
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
This was definitely the most entertaining story I have read so far! Crazy but funny. Just one question. Where were your parents? Lol
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Really the last 3 paragraphs were indeed funny and I loved reading those!:)

Old Mechanic...Ummm...may be 😐
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
I feel like I should probably say drugs and alcohol are bad, mmkay.
And now that I've said that, I have to say...ROFLMAO! I have no idea why yall were being pestered so much that night, but I couldn't stop laughing while reading this. I'm sorry to not have anything helpful to say, but you made my day with this account. Thank you for a much needed laugh.
😆 😆 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: