You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Two Spirits And A Gift Received

Real Ghost Stories

Two Spirits And A Gift Received

 

Kind of funny to say that I have received this gift, but the truth is, as far as I know, I have. I'm going to get to how I received this gift, but first I should share the story and the background leading up to that point to express all the information that I already have.

Back in 2007 I moved into a house in Gilbert, AZ. After a while living there, for whatever reason it dawned on me, I wanted to go to the cemetery and put flowers on my aunt's grave site. Apparently something followed me home. Now I have dealt with the paranormal for my whole life and have had an intuition when spirits were lurking around me and have always been that way. At the time I had a girlfriend named Whitney, who lived with me, and my best friend David, who also lived with me. He occupied the second bedroom in the house.

The day that I went to the cemetery is when all the activity in my house started. It started off small, like footsteps that can be heard downstairs that were coming from David's room. He and I heard them at the same time and thought the same thing immediately. As time went on Whitney started to notice strange noises and even sometimes strange feelings in the house. She had called me up one morning at 5:30am, as I just got to work, to tell me she went to her parents house because she heard someone walking around just outside the bedroom door and it was really creeping her out. She didn't want to wake David that early in the morning for something like that.

Wasn't even a week later I woke up around 7 in the morning on the weekend and I too heard the footsteps, but they weren't outside of the room, they were in the room. I was able to hear and target the location of every footstep and followed them with my eyes as it walked out of the room. It was the soft sound of compressing carpet under someone's feet. Not being afraid I just let it go and to prevent my girlfriend from moving out I didn't tell her about what happened that morning, although I couldn't wait to tell David.

Months go by and David had moved out of the house and my brother, his wife and my nephew occupied the room. They too experienced what we had already experienced, but by this time it grew to be more than just footsteps. We heard loud bangs in the house on the floor upstairs and on the walls. My sister-in-law and I, while my brother was working late one night, decided to do an experiment. I wanted to see if whatever it was in the house could interact with us and prove it's existence.

I had a solid rubber ball that I had placed on the first step of the second flight of stairs that led up to the second story and pushed it up against the front of the second step, which was about 7 inches away from the edge of the step it was on. I told it to move the ball if it really was in fact there and could interact with us. We went outside to smoke a cigarette and kind of forgot about the whole ball thing as we got into other subjects of conversation. After about 10 minutes of being outside we finished up our smokes and went back in the house. I don't remember what we were talking about but I got on my computer, which was located in the dining room, to look something up about whatever it was we were talking about. About a minute into being back in the house we heard a thud. I then remembered about the ball. I went upstairs to find that the ball had not only moved, but it had fallen off of the step it was on and rolled about 2 feet onto the landing. Now remember, this is a solid rubber ball, which is heavy and has traction on carpet, so it's not going to move on it's own.

This is when I knew the intuition and feelings I had were real. I knew I was dealing with something more than just coincidence. We took it to the next level and started to do EVP's and to my surprise we actually caught something. We weren't asking questions, in fact we didn't interact with it at all while it was recording. I was at my dad's house and my little brother hit record and left it there while he and everyone else headed to my dad's house as well. No one was home and it recorded for 2 hours and 14 minutes. I didn't even know he had done that until I was on my way back home and he told me about it. We all showed up together and grabbed the recorder to upload it to my computer. 13 blips in the software showing loud sound within those 2 hours.

The first one was about 30 minutes after they had left, and it was the most terrifying recording I have ever caught. It sounded like a man, taking a deep breath and exhaling it directly into the microphone of the recorder. It was loud. The other noises were bangs that were coming from inside the room it was recording in, which was their room. They were seriously terrified and eventually moved out because of the activity in the house. By this time I felt like there was more than just 1 spirit there, but atleast 2. One downstairs and the other upstairs.

One night, while living alone (Whitney had moved back in with her parents and my brother and his wife and son moved out) I was on my computer chatting with some friends and the silence in the house was broken by a bang so hard and so loud that the chandelier above me in the dining room was bouncing and swinging. It literally sounded like someone took a heavy bowling ball and dropped it on the floor directly above my head. Scared the crap out of me. I sat there for a minute to see if anything else was going to happen when I could hear the door knob to one of the doors upstairs being rattled. I got the hell out of there immediately! I went to the casino and sat there waiting for the sun to come up. Was the only place I knew was open and could take it off my mind a little bit. I knew I had to go back home though.

It seemed as though the worst of the activity only happened when I was by myself. I wasn't wrong about that either. It only got worse. I really started to believe that there were 2 spirits there because whenever I was going upstairs something would happen downstairs that was trying to prevent me from going up there. I'm not talking about something stupid, like the phone ringing, I mean really weird stuff. One instance is when all of the smoke detectors in the house went off just before I was halfway up the stairs and then shut off the instant I came back down. I called my sister and she told me to tell the spirits that it was my house and I'm in control. Didn't seem to work.

Couple weeks passed and I was moving out of the house to move to Colorado. This is the last major thing that happened, which is when I received this gift. I had just got home from somewhere and got on my computer to check my email. When I was done I closed the lid on my laptop and placed my sunglasses on top of it. I was going upstairs to make sure everything was clean for the landlord's inspection and when I got halfway up I decided I didn't want to go up there alone, so I was staring down into the living room trying to get my cat to come upstairs with me. While trying to coax him, I saw my sunglasses launch off my computer and hit the wall about 5 feet away. They didn't fall off, they flew off and I watched it happen. No matter how scared I was I needed to go upstairs to do a quick inspection.

When I got up there the air was really heavy, still and little colder than usual. I took a quick glance into the bathroom and the bedroom, but I felt really really tired all of a sudden, so I layed down for a minute. Was longer than minute though, I fell asleep, or passed out, one of the two. After a few hours, now dark with no lights on, I woke up to a loud pop in the floor. I raised my head and saw my cat staring off just behind me with wide eyes with the look like he was just about to run. I then saw someting out of the corner of my eye in the mirror that was mounted on the wall.

It was a slightly whitish lit up figure, I'm guessing about 6 feet tall, that was standing there watching me, but I only saw it for maybe 2 seconds. It zoomed out of view in the mirror really really fast then I felt a sharp, electrofying and painful gust of energy coming through the floor, through me and out of the front of my body. I remember arching my back, grunting loudly and squeezing my fists, then I woke up mid afternoon the next day downstairs. I had no recollection of the missing hours past. No idea how I got downstairs, but I remembered in full detail what had happened just before. Since that day I've had this gift.

I get thoughts of the future and what's going to happen. I don't have images appear before my eyes, it's thoughts and not visions, like the difference between reading a book and seeing a movie. I've had a lot of random one's that have no meaning or importance, but I've had some that I should have paid attention to. That's the hard thing about this, is deciphering what's precognitive and what's just random. When my mind starts to go into that precognitive mode I can physically feel some sort of dull feeling in my head. While in this mode I've tested myself on Zener cards online and I'll get 9 out of 10 right while only taking a second to decide which card it is. When I cannot feel that dullness I cannot get them right for the life of me. I had a thought of my son getting stung by a scorpion, as I was walking inside from having a smoke. I wasn't doing anything or thinking anything that led me to get this thought. An hour later, it happened. It was mid day too, and you don't see scorpions walking around during the day time, let alone inside my house. It was one of those I should have been paying attention to.

This is when I decided I needed to know what this was and why I have it. I went to the Jack In The Box drive through late at night and while I was waiting for the guy to come to the window I decided to test this out. I wanted to guess what color and make of car will end up behind me while I was sitting there, and the same thing for the car that will end up behind them. I was dead on with both of them. No way I could have seen them before because the drive through curves around and you can't see the ordering speaker box from the window I was at. The building was in the way. This is just one of the few major instances I've had. I've gotten up to 48 correct out of 50 with the zener cards within 2 minutes. I keep a book of these thoughts and write down when and where when they happen.

Other hauntings by ryanrowe82

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ryanrowe82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
I think the spirit downstairs is trying to warn you from going upstairs.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
Well finally got round to reading it and have to say whoa ryan!

Definitely keep a journal of what happens, which reminds me I must update mine 😆
ghost_seeker (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
With great power comes great responsibility...:)... Cool story. Now what makes me curious is why did the downstairs ghost keep distracting you from receiving this gift? Also, you theorize that you may have been "chosen" and followed from the cemetery? Hmm, well whatever the reasons may be. Great story and Thank you for sharing! Take care!
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
It's nice to be able to finally talk to someone who has the same, or very close, type of gift I do. There's no support groups that I can find where people with the same type of gift can help eachother out with some understanding and collaborate information and help each other figure stuff out.

I would like to get ahold of my friend, but she's married and I'm married and don't want to intrude in anyone's life. I mean, how would I go about asking her if she's having spirit issues? Kind of a random and weird question to ask someone that you haven't spoken to in a long time. She's going to think I'm looney.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
ryanrowe - if you can feel that from your friend, maybe you can find a way to help her and her family without being anywhere near. I agree, you don't want to bring anything home with you. As much as you may want to help someone else, your family's safety always has to come first, especially when you have children. (Please don't take that comment personally... I know you understand what I mean. I'm just putting it here in case someone else may not.)
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Thanks for the advice guys! I would never use this gift for personal gain. I like not knowing the future. It's what's exciting about every tomorrow. I would like to know why I have it though. I never thought about the spirit downstairs not wanting me to receive this. I've been tempted to write the current residents of that house to ask if they've experienced anything in the house. Another weird thing is I've been thinking about an old friend that I haven't seen in many years, but along with the thought of her comes a feeling of something dark, and her house always comes to mind, too. When I think of her house is when I feel the darkness the most. No rhyme or reason why I keep thinking about her, but I feel this darkness has changed her and her family in a strange way. I think I can feel their fear. Not really wanting to get to the bottom of it though. I have a year and a half old son and don't need to bring anything home.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
granny - I'd like to say I was just giving you the opportunity to suggest it but I just forgot 😆. Blame it on being up 2 hours earlier than normal, I guess. I will definitely second the journal, though, Ryan.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
Ryan: I'm really surprised Miracles didn't mention your journal keeping 😆...It's a great idea, by the way!...I can relate to the random "thoughts/feelings" as this is how I get a lot of my premonitions... Sometimes they're accompanied by a visual "flash", sometimes not... I had one in particular recently that if I had dismissed it, I would have been in a very bad accident... Still had the accident, but I was able to be proactive and take evasive measures because I recognized the scenario...

One way, at least for me, to descern between what is/isn't a precognitive thought or vision is my gut... My stomach "flip-flops"...There may be some other signal your body gives you at the moment these random thoughts arise...

Thank you for posting!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
Ryanrowe - wow, I'm not sure what to say, except I believe you. I understand the "feeling" you get in your head when you get a premonition. I feel that way when spirits talk to me. I also get a "whoosh" feeling that goes through my head before the dull feeling. I receive my premonitions differently, but I think that's what makes us unique.

You've had quite a ride, haven't you? For whatever reason, you have been given this gift. But remember, it's a gift. And it can be taken away. I believe gifts are meant to be used to help, so don't get caught up in it, okay? It's exciting, don't get me wrong. Just don't get too excited and lose sight of what you are meant to do with your gift. Stay away from self-gain, okay? Not preaching, just trying to help you keep your gift.

I've never heard of anyone receiving their gift quite like you have. It's almost as if it was "passed" to you and whoever was downstairs was trying to prevent this from happening. Just a crackpot theory I had at the end of my speech.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: