You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Twirler

Real Ghost Stories

The Twirler

 

I had just moved to Fort Collins, Colorado with my cousin Josh, whom I shared our apartment with. He had already lived there for some time, but he picked me up in Arizona to go live with him as I was having a hard time adjusting to the current life events that had taken place.

I was sitting in the livingroom watching TV while waiting for him to get home from a date he had that night. I got up to go to the bathroom, did my business and walked out. To the right of the bathroom was his bedroom and his cat 'Kitty' was lying on the bed, sleeping as usual. I petted her for a minute then went back out to the living room to watch more TV, letting Kitty go back to sleep. As soon as I sat back down out of the corner of my eyes I saw something moving in the kitchen. We had the kind of trash can where the lid had a swinging door on the top of it. Kind of hard to explain the mechanical feature of it, but I'm sure you have an idea. Well what I saw moving was the door on the top of the lid twilrling around in a continuous non-stop circle. It first dawned on me that it was just Kitty, but then I remembered she was asleep on the bed. Now the panic set in.

I grabbed my shoes and ran out of the apartment. Well, stupid me forgot that it was winter outside and it would have been nice to grab a jacket, too. I stood outside on the balcony for a good 20 minutes before I was freezing cold. His blinds were partially open and I could see Kitty still sleeping on the bed. I then knew for a fact she wasn't the one messing with it. Since I couldn't get ahold of Josh on his phone I had to muster up the courage to go back into the apartment and grab some warm clothes. When I opened the door I piled a bunch of stuff in front of it so it didn't close on me while I was in there. Got my stuff, got out and went to the gas station down the street to hang out until Josh called me back. When he finally did I told him about my experience and he got home pretty quick.

Nothing happened to me after that in that apartment, but he did tell me about some experiences he's had in there. Could have hit him for not telling me about it before! Man I was a sissy!

Other hauntings by ryanrowe82

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ryanrowe82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
I am a medium. I can't hear them, but I can feel them and their emotions.
blacksky (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Gosh these things follow you often, have you actually sat with a medium in these places and cross examined what you both sense?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
ROZO,

I'm still cracking up about that! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
I just keep picturing you chucking the kitty through the air... I can't stop laughing every time I think about it! 😆 😆
That and ryanrowe sneaking down the hallway after a shadowman, carrying a vacuum cleaner pole like a baseball bat! I keep thinking there's got to be something better than that... But NO!

Oh man, my face hurts from laughing!

Jav 😆
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
HA HA HA HA! Javelina, you are a blast! Your Picture of that guy and his half asleep cat is 100% on the mark... Even to the point that she hits the ground running and I'm like no you silly twit, fetch the ghost! Lol... Too funny!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-10-13)
ryanrowe,
I swear I was cracking up so hard at Rozo's comment I nearly choked!
"but you shoulda grabbed 'kitty' chucked her in the kitchen and let her check what's happening!
Lol I have done it before..."
In my head I picture a guy chucking an half asleep cat into the kitchen to see what's up. The cat sailing through the air, meowing loudly, hits the ground and takes off running in the opposite direction. Now what? Holy crap that was too funny!
You crack me up ryanrowe. I just read your other story where you're creeping down the hallway towards the phone and the only thing you could find to use as a weapon was a vacuum cleaner attachment! And now you're piling stuff in front of the door so it won't close on you while you grab a jacket. I'm dyin' over here guys! HA! HA! HA! HA! Oh my goodness, I needed a good laugh!
ATTENTION MEN OUT THERE!
Kitty cats and vacuum cleaner poles are not guard dogs or blunt instruments to be used for defense. Next time just put something heavy in a sock and swing it like you mean it. Even a couple of bars of soap in a sock (though I do suggest you use something heavier), swung hard enough, would do more damage than a vacuum cleaner pole. Get a dog dammit! I realize you all are attached to those kitty cats, but a good sized dog with a low growl will change anybody's mind. You guys are killin' me!
And now for the one thing I have been wanting to get to... Stop running away. After you've spent more time on this site, get the benefit of other people's experiences, and start to pay attention to what your gut is telling you, things might get easier. Eventually you will come to a point of understanding about these spirits around you. Just because they are there is no reason to fear all of them. Many are just lost souls who missed their chance to cross over when it was first offered, others had death come so suddenly they still don't know they're really dead. There are lots of reasons not to fear them, and the ones you should worry about give off a real bad vibe. The kind of feeling that makes you think you might barf. Something close to that anyway. But you will know the difference if you ever are confronted. Which doesn't mean you ever will be. Lot's of folks who are sensitive to the other side never do come across any nasties. It's just the luck of the draw.
Please, just pay attention to what you read here. Watch the comment sections of stories for the good advice as well.
Good luck ryanrowe. You're going to be just fine.

Jav 😊
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
It was the scariest moment I've ever had with the paranormal. I just layed there with my eyes closed, some of the time squeezing them shut in fear to open them and look behind me. It was starring me in the face when I woke up, but I turned over to face away from it, but I knew it was there just inches away waiting for me to turn around. I never did. I ended up falling asleep eventually.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Hey Ryanrowe,

The spirit staring at you is no joke, I have to also recently had that happen to me and I didn't enjoy it one bit... If my Fiancee was there I would of probably grabbed her too! But I was on my own.
You definitely are open to them my man. And they can sense it and are trying to get some attention from you!
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
SDS - This is definately not my first encounter. I've been dealing with the paranormal since I was 4 or so and it dates back in my family as far as my grandmother that we know of. Every sibling of mine has a unique gift with the paranormal. Slight differences between us though. I have MANY stories to tell, it's just having the time to type them. I don't get a lot of free time.

Rozo - In order to make it spin as fast as it was spinning you would have to take a leaf blower to it. I was already on the edge of my nerves from moving from Phoenix to Fort Collins, CO where it's freezing. Was pretty wide open to get freaked out easily. Doesn't happen often though. Last time I got freaked out really bad is about 6 months ago I woke up feeling a spirit starring at me about 6 to 12 inches from my face. It wasn't a good one either. For almost an hour it was like that and the whole time I couldn't fall back asleep. I was literally shaking and holding on to my wife while she slept.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
Lol, That kind of stuff always goes down with us fellas, we walk the walk and sometimes we squeel like a pig... Many a time have I run straight towards the problem only to find that I was rather foolish and now I'm crapping myself.
The worst is when you beckon the darkness or get cocky with it and it replies... Tail between the legs, clothed or not I'm outta there...
Could of been an open vent that allowed some 'whoosh' of air in, but you shoulda grabbed 'kitty' chucked her in the kitchen and let her check what's happening!
Lol I have done it before...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
Hi ryanrowe82, I think this must be your first paranormal encounter and hence you feel freaked out. But, I want to ask you a question. Do these things continue even now? What did your cousin Josh tell about his experiences. And try to maintain a journal. If you feel that the entity is negative, try Rook's method of cleansing. Also, you can also try what Sambear30 said and it might help. Keep us posted of any further experiences.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
ryanrowe

I like these stories that show that even the simplest things can sometimes freak us out and believe me I understand your panic 😆

Sounds like someone was trying to get your attention or was just having a laugh saying 'Hey I'm here and I'm going to spin the bin lid to freak you out!' 😆

Interesting that your friend had some experiences too. Thanks for sharing.
Sambear30 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Hey, it happens and next time, if so, confront him/her and say, "Thank you for letting me know that you're there now please leave me with peace." My mom did that once and it worked.
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Yeah, just caught me off guard pretty quickly. Before this incident my cousin was telling me how other strange things happened in the apartment that he never told me about before this incident. Had I known it wouldn't have thrown my off so badly.
lozlady (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Haha, I've things like that happen to me. It's understandable to freak out and run like that. It's just natural to flee like that from something that catches you off-guard. You're not a sissy, silly. It's just startled you. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: