You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghosts In Our House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts In Our House

 

My name is Abbie and I recently have had some ghost encounters. I will tell you one of them. They don't hurt me they just make themselves known.

Ever since I moved into my old house weird happenings happened. My house was on top of a graveyard. The graveyard was dug up and houses were built on top. My little brother used to sit and talk to a boy called Wayne. He described him as a small boy with white hair and dark blue eyes.

I was sitting on the settee with my sister a few days later and I heard footsteps walking up the stairs, a black cloak caught my eye. I saw a black shadow "I saw it too. I see her all the time." That was the only response I got from my sister. She said it was just someone who wanted to communicate and I didn't need to worry. A few hours later I had a mark on my arm, it was really cold and the rest of my arm was hot. The mark looked like I had been slapped. Ever since that woman appeared on the stairs all the rooms got cold.

I moved house soon after and everything got worse. A few weeks ago I was sitting on my laptop and a hand reached out to shut the laptop. There was a few taps and everything died down. Then last night the back door opened by itself and I got scared. I locked all the doors and someone walked along the corridor and into the bathroom. The door slammed and I ran upstairs. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't open. My brother was still asleep and my dad was outside looking to see what could have opened the door.

I have a cat and he seems to follow something with his eyes and my dogs do the same I just don't know who it could be. I sometimes see a man in my bedroom wearing a pinstripe suit and I feel like someone is watching me if I leave my wardrobe door open. There is a girl everyone sees who sits in the bathroom and turns the shower on and off.

If anyone knows what is happening please comment.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abbiegallon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

abbiegallon (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
hi everyone thanks for commenting. When I say my old house it was the one I had before I moved out. The spirits don't harm me but I had a mark on my arm. I said 'looked like I had been slapped' I am saying that is what it looked like. And about the wardrobe: it is a fairly new wardrobe and my dad built it from scrach. I didn't move back into the house. I refer to the house as old as I moved into another house. My mum sees the same as me and hears the same. My sister, who lives in the house I moved out of sees the little boy as he opens the doors.
Thanks for the help everyone 😁
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-25)
I would love to know the answers to Rook's questions. My first thought was puberty because of your age combined with where your house is located.

You said:

"Ever since I moved into my old house weird happenings happened."

This sentence is a little confusing. Was it an old house already when you moved or was it the house you lived in before that you moved back into?

You said:
"They don't hurt me they just make themselves known."
And
"A few hours later I had a mark on my arm, it was really cold and the rest of my arm was hot. The mark looked like I had been slapped."

First you said that they don't hurt you but then later you said you got a mark on your arm. Was this mark because of seeing this ghost or was caused by bumping into something tangible and hurting yourself.

As suggested, keep a journal of the things that are going on in your house, including what your siblings and other family members see.

Also, have you talked to your parents about what has been going on in the house?
highschoolsweetheart (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-24)
I know how you feel. The same things happent to me. 😕 I usually try and block them out, because it doesn't seem to come back until I am really pauing attention
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
abbiegallon,

A few questions...

You moved back into your old house and that house was built on an old graveyard? Why did you move back and how do you know it's built on an old graveyard?

Second...while there are 'experiences' that can start up as individuals enter their teens (Puberty) they seem to 'focus' around an individual and consist of noises and moving objects for the most part (Poltergeist)...not 'violent spirits' that can be seen.

How long have you had the wardrobe? Is it 'new construction' or older? (No wise cracks about Narnia please...)

Your 'tale' jumps about quite a bit. You may wish to start a Journal and record these events... Then go back and 'debunk' them... Ask your siblings/parents/friends if they have any 'odd experiences' and record those details as well... Then go back through all of them and look for commonalities... Natural explanations and see what you are left with.

Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
Typical haunting. How old is your house? The graveyard may have been dug up, but I'm sure the spirits 'returning to their graves' don't like intruders in their space.

Try and let these spirits know you mean them no harm and you respect them and what was there before your house was built.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: