You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: What Is My Daughter Seeing?

Real Ghost Stories

What Is My Daughter Seeing?

 

My home was built in the 1920's to 1930's, I know this as it still has the original fuel stove in the kitchen which backs onto an ornate open fireplace. I purchased my house five years ago in 2007. In the first year that I came to occupy the house I would often feel VERY uncomfortable there to say the least. I forever had the sense that someone was following me especially in the formal living area and the kitchen (which share the same original chimney) In the past five years I have had people share the residence with me and moved in and out of the house numerous times.

In early 2008 the man whom I thought was my TRUE love came to stay with me in this house. He is an EXTREMELY (and I say this with no exaggeration) religious and spiritual man. He stayed for only three months. After only two months I noticed a huge change in his behaviour but non so much as the night that scared the hell out of me.

I was sleeping and was awoken to my partner jumping upright in our bed. He jumped so that he landed upright on the floor. When I awoke he paced the room and spoke words which still spook me to this day. "ohh, I see what your doing" he repeated this several times, " I see, I see" Awakening to this was quite disturbing. I asked "What?" to which he did not acknowledge or respond, he simply continued to pace and say "I see what your doing". As I have said he did not respond to me, didn't even flinch to the sound of my voice, didn't even look in my direction, he just paced and spoke as if speaking to himself or at least someone other than me. Try as I did to gain his focus I could not. His behaviour unnerved me and I escaped to the sunroom. There I sat on the back step and smoked a ciggerette. He came to stand by me and as our eyes met he repeated in a mocking tone almost filled with laughter "You will pay with your blood You will pay with your blood you will pay with your blood!" I sat there trying to comprehend just what the hell was going on. My eyes filled with tears as my heart filled with fear. I could see my car in the yard, I looked to him to see if the man I knew was looking back at me then towards the car, and back and forth and back and forth and contemplated my options. I ran to the car but he followed, I ran to the house but he followed still. Back and forth I ran until it became apparent that I could not escape him. Finally I decided that the car was the better option (at least if I could get us to the garage 2 or so kilometres down the road someone could help)

We neared the garage. I saw the traffic lights that indicated the garage was within reach. Then he spoke again " You won't kill me! If you want to kill me I'll kill us both now!" and he grabbed the steering wheel of the car and tried to steer it into an approaching telegraph pole. I don't exactly remember what happened next, but we didn't hit the pole. When we were back home I tried to sleep in the quest bedroom but he followed. I tried to leave him in the guest room while I crept to the master bedroom, he followed. In the end I figured he would follow me anywhere I tried to escape. In the end I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and slept with it under my pillow as he lay spooning me as if nothing had happened. Even when I woke several times in the night he asked me full of surprise what was wrong.

The next morning I reminded him of his behaviour and asked him what had happened... He claimed to have no memory of this. After this incident I told him I was concerned for his mental health and asked him to move back to sydney to which he agreed. Several months later he would tell me that on that night he awoke to me calling his name yet I was fast asleep and as he looked at me he saw an elderly lady at the foot of out bed climb into my body and my face became hers as it called his name.

That event occured in late 2008 and between then and now I have moved several times and had many occupants and guests in my house without incident.

Now to present day august 2012. Me and the above mentioned man have a three year old child (he is no longer in our life) and me and our daughter have been living in this house for two years without incident. Until recently. Just a few weeks ago me and my daughter were watching cartoons in the secondary living room. The lights were out except for the room we were in. I told her "get your shoes on baby we have to go shopping now" she responded "okay mummy" then I saw her looking into the darkness of the formal living room. Her eyes narrowed and focused on something and she leant forward squinting as if to get a better view of something specific. She focused only for a few moments before her eyes widened with a fright I had never seen on anyone let alone my three year old child. As her eyes widened she moved backwards and screamed "MUMMY!" in a tone I wish I never would have to hear. Panicked I repeatedly asked her what was wrong, but all she could do was bury her face further in my chest as she screamed for me.

This in itself was terrifying to me however I reassured myself that she was a child with a wild imagination.

Not quite a week later we sat in the same living area watching her innocent movies when she again looked into the dark of the other living area. This time her eyes widened with fear again and she crouched between the wall, the lamp table and the lounge. Her tiny body shook uncontrollably as she peered around the corners of the furniture into the kitchen and the darkness. She asked me repeatedly "Mummy turn on the lights" I asked her what was wrong, why she was scared, what she could see, to which she replied" Nothing, turn on the light". I jumped up to turn the kitchen light on and she lunged at me. We entered the kitchen and seconds after I switched on the light she jumped to the floor and said "I'm not scared anymore". "Thats good darling" I told her to which she responded "It's a naughty old lady isn't it mummy". Just three nights after this she was impossible to get to sleep I tried every tactic which had worked in the past and then I just yelled "Makayla! Go to sleep now or else!" To which she responded "Otherwise the old lady will break my neck?" This is no threat me or anyone else has ever made to her nor nothing she has seen on her movies. Sounds like nothing to you? I dare you to try living it. Its scarier than it sounds!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maccybere, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Calthrow (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Ok the child is seeing a spirit most likely kids are more in tune with this most adults are not we in general do not see monsters ghosts and demons kids do now this is how I see it ghost gain strength from us our feelings with that the more strong emotions we have around them the stronger they get and the more they can do and what we may call them the stronger and more evil they are we may call them demons and there for have the ability to harm us if you feel unsafe I would look in to finding some one to clean the energy of your home if you have questions e-mail me at calthrow [at] gmail.com
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Well said lady-glow, well said.

I would also like to point out that spirits come in two...that's right two types...

There are ghosts... Which are HUMAN Spirits...these, in my opinion, can not manifest enough energy to physicaly scrach, punch... Bruise or actually hurt someone... Yes we can feel a light touch or maybe get our hair pulled lightly... But they simply are not strong enough to hurt us.

Then there are non- human spirits... These CAN BE, but not always, stronger and they can scrach, punch... Bruise us.

Now having said that... There are cases of course where a ghost has thrown something that may have struck someone... But I do not feel that the intention was to hurt... But merely to get attention.

Well that's my two cents.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
PaigeTheGymnast: while reading your posts I found these inconsistencies:
"...people say that ghosts can not physically harm humans but they can and I know because it has happened to me. They have clawed up my legs while I was sleeping and when I was awake and they have drawn lots of blood..." On 'What is my daughter seen?' (2014/04/26)
And then:
"...I really haven't been attacked while sleeping before but only when I am awake..." On 'Being Attacked While Sleeping' (2014/03/21)

What should we believe? 😕 I do not want to nitpick your comments but... Do you realize little details like these could affect the credibility of the persona you want us to believe you are and the advice you give in your comments? 😐
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
I am not trying to scare you but I am going to be completely honest. Many people say that ghosts can not physically harm humans but they can and I know because it has happened to me. They have clawed up my legs while I was sleeping and when I was awake and they have drawn lots of blood. I know that this story was posted a long time ago but spirits can track you down and follow you. That has also happened to me so I would know. The best thing that you can do for your child is to find some way to either comfort the spirit so it has a peaceful afterlife and doesn't want to harm the living or just get out of there. The old lady could follow you like I said before but she also might not. Do not underestimate this spirit because they will do as they say they will. But some tips for staying safe until then do not disrespect the spirit and act as if it doesn't scare you. I hope that you can find this to be helpful.
Clare_Sita (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
I was looking at your posts cause I am searching for a haunted house I have a reoccuring dream of. I had a dream of the 1930s where a women waited for her husband to come home outside the house. It was an old wooden house on stumps, with no fence but gardens planted around the house not in any particular order. He came home and She hit him in the head, drag him down the small stairs to outside. Tied him to a small tree trunk and waited for him to awake. When he awoke she said to him that "she suspected he was up to stuff with their money" and she had lost all trust for him. Now this was not true, he said "that she was crazy." She poured this stuff on him, it was not petrol and set him on fire. She went back inside and cooked dinner. The next morning he alerted the neighbours who got the police around. In my dream I could hear the police saying it is a tradegy that someone did that to her husband, as they were so in love. I said to them that its not a tradegy, she did it. She got away with the murder of her husband.
It is weird I occasionally dream this dream I thought if I find this house then maybe it might solve some mystery to my dream? The house had no close neighbours and in the distance you can see slight hills.
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
If I were you, I would take my little girl, and move the hell out of that house! Not worth it xxx
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
when you were driving to the garage and he pulled the steering wheel did you end up going to tghe garage or just turning around to go home?
semisweet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
Wow this is very scary. Please stay safe and if possible get out, for your daughters safety.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
I read your story the night before but couldn't comment at that time. Many people have made great suggests here and I suggest following some of them. I agree with GreyWeather in that you should fight back. This is your home and nobody, living or dead, has the right to frighten you or your daughter out of your home. Fighting back will also teach your daughter that even though there are a lot of scary things in this world (again both the living and dead) running away is rarely the answer. As a social worker, fighting and banishing this evil spirit with daughter, will help your daughter understand that you believe her and that you will always be there for her; this will help her to deal with many things in her life (paranormal or not) and she will always have that trust that her mother will always be there for her.

As for getting rid of this malevolent spirit, I suggest using Rook's cleansing method. He has posted it here on your story. I have personally tried this cleansing method and I can tell you that it works. You might have to do it a few times depending how bad this spirit is. The thing I like about this cleansing method is that you can adapt it to whatever faith you practice. If you feel uncomfortable with doing this by yourself, you can have a trusted family member or friend to come and help you. If that doesn't help, then I suggest talking to a religious leader from whatever faith you practice and seek their advice.

Whatever you do, do it quickly before this thing actually does something bad to you and your child.

Two finally suggestions:
(1) Have a medical checkup of your child done. I'm not calling your child crazy but after what her father went though, it is better to be safe than sorry.

(2) Do a check on the history on the house to see if anyone else experience such things and / or if anything paranormal happened in the house or on the property.

Sorry for the long comment but wanted to get everything in. Keeping you and your daughter in my prayers and I hope you get this thing resolved. Keep us updated.
travatar2887 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-25)
THIS HAPPENED TO ME 😐 😐 😐
It is not cool and it freaks me at a it STILL IS HAPPENING I was 10 when it started
azhar (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-25)
Peace!

I read your story with great interest. I had some similar experience. Whatever your partner or your daughter saw/see is definitely not friendly. It is something devilish.

But; No matter how evil, strong, etc those entities might be, remember one thing:

God has created US, that is man as the best and most superior kind of creation. And hence, we have got the power to overcome those 'things'.

When I was faced with something similar (story will come, hopefully) I recited a short and simple Arabic phrase (I am Muslim, you know): Aoodhu billahi minute ash shaytan ir rajeem

That means: I seek refuge with God from the accursed Satan

That thing disappeared then and there, as though it had never been. You can give it a try...

Other than that, keep the house well-aired, clean, fragrant (lighten and clean all dark corners, cupboards, etc.)

Also keep yourself and your daughter immaculate clean.

And most important, trust in God.
GreyFeather (44 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-24)
That would make me angry at that "spirit" for threatening my child, or at the least teaching that "break your neck" phrase. I don't think you should be afraid, be aggressive and kick that nasty thing out. You have every right. Use your Godgiven authority against it. Why are you afraid? It cannot touch you or your daughter. And tell her father he was right about the old lady. His earnest prayers for his daughter are shielding her and you. You are not helpless or defenseless. Fight woman!
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-24)
The problem with entities is they have the ability to take on different forms. It did threaten to break her neck, so it is possible this may be a malicious spirit that was evil in life or a demon. Demons can do what ghost cant. Demons can physically harm and intimidate. Dont ever provoke one because it WILL get nasty. This particular entity/ghost decided to terrorize your daughter. Since children are sensitive to the spirit world (as one being closer to birth or being closer to death, the 'wall' thins between the dimensions) and are vulnerable, this maybe why she was targeted. You need to keep faith and maybe its time to move. IF you can't afford it please cleanse or get help from the church!
Also be a sceptic and rule out all logical possiblities suggested by the other posters before taking other steps. Best wishes!
Andrea
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Did your ex ever get a psychological evaluation? If so, what were the results?
He should not have chased you and said the disturbing things he said. If I overlooked you mention the results of his evaluation I'm sorry, but it could be important. Alot of people have had unexplained experiences, most people don't respond by threatening their partner in the way your ex did. That wasn't a healthy response from him no matter how you look at it.
In my opinion, taking your little one for an evaluation, explaining her father's history, and making 100% sure that she's not suffering from any sort of psychological or mental distress is the best idea. If she needs help, please get it for her now. If she's suffering from any sort of disorder it's best to get it diagnosed and start treatment as soon as possible.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Dear maccybere,

I would implore you to watch a documentary made by Channel4 named 'The Entity'. If you watch the last instance on it, the very last, you might find it very resembling your first encounter.
The link "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4";

Also, please try rookdygins cleansing/shielding method which he has so kindly provided. It is very helpful.

Regards
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
I'm agreeing here. Whatever is there, is malevolent. Please try Rook's cleansing, and try to get away. If it follows, you will need to do more. Both accounts were very scary. Take care, and take precautions. I hope you can rid whatever it is ❤
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
This is by far one of the scariest stories here😲

You should defenetly get out, atleast get your daughter out of there for a while. This entity seems like a threat! 😕

It seems to maybe being attached to you somehow since it always threatens the ones closest to you.

Demon or spirit you should get rid of him pronto.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
maccybere

Your encounters concerns me on several levels. Your first encounter with your boyfriend was scary enough. He moved out but you remained albeit you moved in and out several times and you have had many occupants and guests without incident. Now you have a three year old daughter with this man and he is no longer in your lives.
Now your daughter is having bad experiences. You say that one night you couldn't get her to sleep and you said go to sleep or else. Her response was or the old lady will break my neck? If you are still living in this house WHY?
It sounds to me that you have at least one maybe two malevolent spirits in that house. For the sake of your daughter and yourself get out. This is something you can't handle yourself. Even if you have periods of no activity this may be a dangerous situation.
While you are gone from this house do some research on this house and property to see if you can find any history.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
Home built between the 20's and 30's. 'Mean' Old lady Spirit AND two widely separated incidents do not a 'DEMON' make.

Are there any 'little things' also happening within the home?

The encounters you have shared with us are nerve racking to say the least but the information from just them alone makes it very hard to determine just what may be happening with-in your home. Please try this, it may help if this 'old lady' spirit is 'negative or evil' in nature.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please provide more details if your comfortable with that or at least keep us posted. Thanks.

Respectfully,

Rook
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
WOW! That is one of the freakiest stories I have read on YGS!

Actually flabergasted, which offers no help to you now I'm afraid and apologise for... But please seek help wherever you can, I can't imagine the 2 of you alone in that place with this fear!

That evil must be leave!
I am sure you will find help and assistance here!
Good luck and god bless!
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
I have to say that this spirit that is in your home needs to go and I believe that you should ask a priest to get this entity out since it seems that it is out to harm you and your daughter.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
Oh my goodness! Perhaps this is a demon taking the form of an old woman. No no no! You need to get help especially if your daughter is being affected so negatively. Use/do which ever ritual cleansing your religion allows.

I am freaked out by what your ex did! Following you around like that. Gives me the heeby jeebies!

Thanks for sharing and I hope things get better for you soon
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
maccybere
Holy moly, I think that is downright terrifying. That old lady sounds murderous. My son has said something that unnerved me. The little boy who inhabits a room in our house burned to death in that spot. And my son "H" has said to me, out of the blue, on more than one occasion "mommy, the house was on fire, right?"
Hearing something like that from the mouth of your child, makes your blood run cold. In our case the little boy is calm and he loves to play with my boys, but it still is terrifying knowing one of my kids have an incling of how he died.

I really share your fear

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: