You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hostel Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Hostel Haunting

 

I was always very curious about the ghost stories and experiences but it was more like a fun thing or can say time pass thing for me. But one incidence totally changed my perception about these paranormal things.

After completion of my MBA I got a banker job in Varanasi, India. There I stayed at a working womens hostel. That hostel was really very good with all amenities and facilities. I had one roommate and she was also working at a very reputed private sector bank.

When I checked into the hostel I experienced some chilling feeling but I thought that because it was a new place that was why I was feeling so uneasy. I then settled there and within few days me and my roommate became close friends.

Life was really smooth. After few weeks my roommate told me that she was getting engaged and she had to go for two days (I clearly remember the date. Her engagement date was 29th April 2009). She went on 28th April. That day I was all alone in our room. I was preparing for the CFA examination so, I used to study late night until 2am.

On 28th April after coming from the office I immediately felt some headache so slept for some time. I had a very horrifying dream of crematorium (Shamshann Ghaat in Hindi). Now, here I want to tell you one more thing that on 27th me and my roommate went for a boat trip over the holy Ganges (Ganga river) and we saw Manikarnika Ghaat while boating. Shamshaan Ghaat is a place where Hindus perform cremation at any time i.e. 24/7 days in Varanasi. Now, when I saw that I felt the same tingling sensation. But again shook my headache off. But when I saw the same dream I was really very disturbed.

After dinner I went for my studies. Nothing happened until 1am. I went for a coffee break. While sipping the coffee I was listening to my favourite songs and suddenly I heard a scratching sound. At first I thought there was some problem with my smartphone but then it intensified. I stopped the song and tried to listen to the sound. Then I heard a knock at my door. I opened the door but nobody was there. I thought now my mind is playing games so I should go to sleep and went to bed. I was very tired so within few minutes I was asleep (I forgot to mention that I had fever that day but as I had CFA exam within couple of weeks so strained myself that much). I suddenly felt cold and shivered of cold I opened my eyes and saw that my blanket was at floor. I clearly remember that I again took blanket but after few minutes again it was at floor. Now I got very dizzy as was very tired plus I was in a grip of fever. So, I decided to take Calpol (antipyretic). After few minutes what happened still terrifies me even today. I again heard that scratchy sound, frantic beating at door and the shower in bathroom opened automatically. Now at that point I was very sure that something creepy was there. I immediately started reading Kaali Kavach (Hymns of Goddess) repeatedly. Then everything stopped. Then it started again now I heard some laughter a female voice too. I shouted and then called my neighbour's names. They came immediately. But I was so scared that I was hesitant in opening the door. After that they called me over phone then I opened the door and fainted. That was exactly 4am. When I woke up I was in the local hospital and was 9am.

After being discharged I went to my local guardian's place that day. On 30th my roommate came back and after hearing that incidence she made fun of me. Then she said OK, I am a bigger witch I will take care of that witch who scared you. I smiled and asked for the pictures of her engagement. Life was back to normal again but only for few hours. This time something was ready to scare my friend too.

We came back at 9pm from The Taj after an engagement treat. My roommate started telling me all the stories of her in-laws and would-be. Now it was past 12am. I was getting bored so I was only saying "yes/no" on her stories. Then she asked for a coffee. I was feeling sleepy but anyhow I prepared coffee. Then I slept. Around 3am I heard some sobbing sound I thought again my mind is playing games but after 5 minutes my friend was shaking me I looked at my roommate. She was crying. I said what happened then she showed me her neck. There were visible finger prints on her neck which caused her to have an asthma attack. I was so scared I did not know what to do. I gave her inhaler and at the same time that scratching sound, frantic beating of door female laughter and shower at bathroom opened automatically. This time I was not alone my friend was with me and we were experiencing the same thing. I put some Gangajal over corners of our bed and played Hanuman Chalisa on my laptop. Then until 4 am we experienced the same.

Next day in the morning we decided to inquire about the room so asked the hostel warden but she said everything is normal. We asked the watchman and cook who told us that there was a girl who lived in that room and she loved a guy. They were so much in love that they decided to elope as their parents were against the relation. This girl's friend got to know about the suspicious character of her friend's boyfriend. She revealed his true face to her friend. It was a shock for a girl who was madly in love. She set herself ablaze in that very room and died. After that her roommate was very upset as her dead friend was always coming in her dreams that she committed a blunder and she wanted to live. Her friend consulted the psychologist and went back to her home. Nobody knows what happened to her. Now that was exactly the same room which was renovated after the incidence and was the most luxurious room which costs around 8000 (for two seater. The watchman told me that we were very lucky because we are all right otherwise the girls who lived there had accidents, break-ups or even admitted to hospitals because of that spirit.

Now, I believe in ghosts and paranormal activities. I perform daily puja and I will prey to Maa Kali that nobody will encounter with such horrendous experiences in their lives like I had.

Thanks

Pallavi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pallsearth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pallsearth (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Sceptic-Ari,

I am now not living in Varanasi as I have got a job in Lucknow and now living happily with my family. As far as the place is concerned the hostel was near Kabristan (Mohammedans burial ground) and on the way towards Kaal bhairav temple.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Dear Pallavi,
I am so sorry that you had to go through such a harrowing experience.
I have some queries though;
*Where do you stay now? At the same place or a different place?
*Where in Varanasi is this hostel?

Hope all is well now...
Regards
pallsearth (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Raftingirl

I am thankful that you liked that and you felt the same as I did. We are not experienced so we can not help the poor soul but definitely one day somebody will help her spirit. Might be possible God Shiv himself will help her as its his city, Varanasi.
pallsearth (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Miracles51031

Thanks for those Kind words. I have experienced. The paranormal phenomenon only twice. Once in Varanasi, India & Other in Allahabad, India-both in Hostels. But I know some really scary stories of people related to me. I will try to post after getting their permission.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
That was a truly frightening account. I wonder why she seemed so malicious. Thankfully, you two remained unharmed. It's very sad that she seems stuck there.
curiousDevu (10 stories) (45 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
I was about to say the some as [at] miracles, sometimes some events have such a strong emotion attached to them that they leave their traces where it happened and the people who happen to be there unfortunately witness it, am sorry for the poor girl who lost her life maybe it just serves to show that we should never lose our reasoning even if you are in love, it was nice reading your story, looking forward to some more form you 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
pallsearth - wow, what a truly scary experience. At first I thought maybe you were hallucinating due to being sick, but when your roommate experienced the same thing, well that definitely cleared things up.

There are so many stories about tragedies that leave their "imprint" on places and the effect they have on people. Sometimes it's harmless and you just hear or see things from years gone by; other times, like your experience, you unfortunately experience the "life-like" haunting. Some emotions are so strong that I believe they tie people here and those emotions just continue to grow stronger until they are set free. Maybe one day someone will be able to help her 😢

Thank you for submitting your story 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: