You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Fourth Floor Girls Hostel

Real Ghost Stories

The Fourth Floor Girls Hostel

 

This story will be a short one, it happened to me and friends when we were living in the school dorm. Just to give you an idea of how our dorm room looks like; imagine a square, each corner has a semi-bunk bed (similar to a bunk bed, but instead of two beds, below are a desk and a dresser), and the front door is located in between the two semi-bunk beds on the right, bathroom is located opposite of the room. Now you have a sense of where everything is, here goes the story,

I used to live in my school hostel with three of my closest friends. We usually went to bed at around 12am, and my friend, Dia, whose bed located on the right side of the front door (which is also beside the light switch), would always turn off the lights after seeing everyone well-tucked in their beds. One night, as we all climbed up to our warm beds, Dia turned off the lights and we were all ready to have a good night sleep. A few minutes after the lights were off, we heard heavy footsteps running at the corridor outside of our room. This running footsteps occurred quite often, it was more active during the night. We laughed it off as we were kind of used to the odd noises in the dorm.

As we went back to sleep, "BANG BANG BANG", someone was knocking heavily on our door. We were annoyed, especially Dia as her bed was just beside the door. "BANG BANG BANG", the second time was loud enough to sit us all up, we were puzzled and annoyed by the fact that it is already midnight, why would anyone be knocking on our door at this hour? Annoyed, Dia shouted, "Who is it?", no response. She reached down to unlocked the door and push the door open. As the door flung wide open, there was nobody outside there, she peeked her head outside and scanned the corridor, there was literally no one. She quickly closed the door. All of us sat in silence for awhile. We looked at each other (with the light source from our phones) and finally Mei asked, "who was that", to which Dia responded, "there was no one, let's just go back to bed.". Everyone knew something was not right, but we did not want to make a big fuss about it. So we went back to sleep, nothing really happened the next day or days after, we figured someone or something might have played a trick on us, or it simply just want to come in.

Last year, similar thing happened to my sister in Taiwan when she was staying in her Uni dorm. It was around the Hungry Ghost Month, she was resting in her room with two of her roommates. This happened at around 8-9pm, as she was doing her night time face routine, she heard three knocks on the door. Without any hesitation, she stood up and went to open the door, only to her shock, nobody was there. She looked around the corridor, no one was around. Puzzled, she went back to her desk and asked her roommate if they heard the knocking too. To her surprised, only one of them heard it, the other one was confused why she suddenly stood up and open the door. Apparently, the same thing happened to one of their friends who lived in the opposite block, for some reason, some heard the knocks, some didn't.

Other hauntings by ssexyca

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ssexyca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Softie_thunder_thighs (14 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-05-23)
That was scary!
Now I have to google the meaning of hungry ghosts month. 😊

This comment from ssexyca is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

JoJorocks (4 stories) (27 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-30)
Hi, may I ask if you asked the rest of people in dorm if it is also happening to them. 🙄 🙄 Sorry if I was a bit skeptical to this.
ssexyca (3 stories) (6 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-01-18)
Melda - Hi there, thanks for your comment and yes I do agree with you that some spirits seek attention and joy, after all they were once human too. Ahahaha I have more stories regarding to odd sounds or voices that I can only hear, stay tuned:)

DaveM - Thanks for your feedback Dave! It's good to know what you are feeling when you are reading my story. Hopefully my story gives you goosebumps hehe! Stay tuned for more:D
DaveM (1 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-01-17)
Thanks ssexyca, I really enjoyed this story, so compelling and well-written! Your opening pulled me in: I could see the room, the semi-bunks and Dia turning off the lights. I could hear the BANG, BANG, BANG! On the door. My favorite part is the four of you silent, looking at each other in the semi-darkness, lit only by your phones.
...And your ending! It left me with a chill and a gripping question: Why do some hear the knocks, and some don't? Perfect!
-DaveM
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+7
3 years ago (2021-01-16)
ssexyca - Knocking on doors and other surfaces is a very well known paranormal phenomenon. Many people have experienced this, including myself.

If you are certain that this was not somebody pranking you, it could be a mischievous spirit looking for attention, which I don't believe is anything to be afraid of.

Speaking of pranking, when I was in primary school I used to get together with a few friends just before dinner time and we used to run along a corridor of flats (apartments) down the road from where I lived and we rang every doorbell as we passed. Originally we really annoyed the residents but once they started ignoring us, we had to find something else to amuse ourselves with.

I think some mischievous spirits also seek greener pastures if they don't get the desired attention!

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: