You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is This My Grandfather?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This My Grandfather?

 

I just wanted to share some of my experiences and hopefully gain some insight into what could be happening. I want to start out by saying I am by no means "gifted" but I have experienced several things since I was little, that other people have seen as well. The first story I want to tell however is about my room. I want to be as descriptive as possible because I really need someone to believe me.

So first, to understand you need a layout of the second floor of my house. Basically, it's shaped like a big L with my parent's room being the corner and two bedrooms (my sisters and mine) going through the stem and the attic access and bathroom at the very top. That would make the bottom stem the stairs. My room is the room the farthest from my parent's room.

I've always felt uneasy in that room, ever since I moved into it. My older sister used to say she would have hallucinations in that room. A few years back, I started to experience extreme anxiety whenever I was in there for extended amounts of time. I would just feel like I had a million eyes staring me when there was nothing there. It got even worse when it was time for bed. At times, I got so scared that I couldn't move my body at all. I would just lay there and pray it ended or scream for help if I was feeling especially brave.

Last year, I started having nightmares. Every night, it would be some new bloody, vivid death for someone I loved that had me waking up crying. Once, I woke up and heard my name whispered clearly next to my ear. It only happened once, but it was terrifying all the same.

Then, I saw him. It's hard to explain but I couldn't really "see" him. It was just in my head. But every time I closed my eyes, I had this image of a creature standing in the middle of my room watching me sleep. He was tall, at least 7 ft since he almost touched the ceiling, and shaggy like a dog. He had long lanky arms with sort of paws at the ends. Long fingers, no claws. But worst of all were the eyes. They were enormous, bulging out and taking up most of the face. But instead of being red like you would expect, they were blue, like a baby's eyes.

I drew a picture of him the day after I "saw" him to show my parents, to which my dad's only words were, "My dad had blue eyes just like that." Needless to say, this terrified me even more because dead family members have visited me in the past. I guess what I'm trying to get at is: Is it possible that my grandfather has come back to visit me but in a distorted form?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PsychologyMelon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PsychologyMelon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
Sceptic-like I said, even I haven't really "seen" it, but no. And I've thought about the psych evaluation before except for the fact that my sister has really seen things in that room before. And its only that room that I feel it in.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
Dear PsychologyMelon,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and seeking help.
Has anyone else seen this entity?
Have you ever been psychiatrically evaluated? If not, I suggest you do that to eliminate any normal cause before moving to the paranormal.

Regards
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
PsychologyMelon - Since this issue was seen in only 1 room, I would like to suggest a few method which would make the evil stuffs move away from your home.

Firstly, request everyone to stay out of that room -Which you have already taken care of this portion

Secondly, Clean the room with holy water like spray on all parts of room

Thirdly, we need to create a positive vibration in that room, so please lit some Benzoin resin or styrax resin daily. Please use only small amount

Finally, play some good holy chant music to create a positive vibration.

Please try this for 2 weeks and let us know. This should improve the situation and I will post other methods if this fails.

Regards
PsychologyMelon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Guy- my parents never experience anything but my both my sisters have. I explained in another comment about my older sisters hallucinations, and my little sister has told me he herd breathing and scratching sounds in the walls. But other than that, I'm the only one. When I left, I shut the door and told everyone not to go in my room, hoping they wouldn't have to deal with it at all.
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
dear pmelon,
I like your title is this my grandfather?
Your grandfather is related to youmore closely than to anybody else here. The best person to answer that query.
Unless we be spooks ourselves. And that's not a big im
Possibility lol
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
dear psy melon,
Just asking it to go may make it go away. But it usually takes a lot of praying to get that kind of power.
Its not easy believe me.
Yours affectionately
Me
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
dear melon
I got that mixed up. It was some other writer who had stated he was living on an indian burial ground. I mixed up the two accounts.
So excuse my eccentric post.
Your hamster thing-i liked
your humor lol
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
I am not sure how to attach the picture but you can send it to my email prasadsug at gmail

Is anyone else getting this experience? I mean in other rooms. Like your little sister's room or your parents's room?
PsychologyMelon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Does anyone know how to post pictures? I'd like to take a picture of the drawing and show you guys. I feel like I didn't describe him well enough at all and he may be coming off as scarier than I intended.
PsychologyMelon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Oh, ibex, again- I'm currently waiting for my parents to contact a priest to have the house blessed. I'm hoping that does something, because me telling it to go away didn't. Maybe it's because I'm not a really religious person? I'm not atheist, I just don't pray or go to church as often as I probably should.
PsychologyMelon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Guy123- I have refused to sleep in that room since I heard my name whispered and I first started "seeing" him. I sleep in my little sisters room next door now.
And I just wanted to give a little update, I'm now at school and I haven't experienced anything real up here, so I think it may be somehow tied to the house. Which doesn't make sense because I did research on the house and there was nothing there suspicious that seemed to cause it.
I didn't get to tell of my sisters experiences, but they mostly included hallucinations and hearing things. She only told me about one where she walked in and saw roaches crawling everywhere in the room. She shut the door because she has a severe phobia of roaches and went and got my dad, but when they got back very thing was normal. Just before someone says it, my sister would not joke about this. She knows how I feel about that room.
PsychologyMelon (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Thank you all very much for your help. I just wanted to clarify one bit: I'm not sure I mentioned a "dread" feeling, but if I did that's not right. I wasn't fearing for my life, I was just scared as it was a frightening occurrence, if that makes any sense. I figured it couldn't be him, it was just a quiet hope that maybe he could come back...
Twelveam- in answer to your question, no. They did not cause a "dread" feeling but I was extremely young, so again that scared me. And if anyone wanted to know, it was my grandfather then too, but the other one. I hope I can publish that story as well because its a beautiful anyway, I haven't slept in my room since then and I made that drawing last year.
Bad juujuu, I never really knew my grandfather as he died only weeks after I was born, but from what I hear, he was the kindest man ever and loved me from the moment he met me. Which Is why I kind of hoped it was him... I don't remember him.
Grey feather- I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but your comment really made me laugh! I've never thought of him, the creature, that way before.
Jude89- I wish I could say that's what my dreams were but no one close to me has died recently at all.
Ibex- I also wish that was an explanation as its easy, but I've done research on the house, no ones died here, or on the land. The worst that's died here is hamsters. No Indian burial cop out for me.
But thank you for those ideas, I'll have to try them when I get home. (I'm at school 3 hours away right now)
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Please try some cleansing methods if not change your room. Hope it's not a rented house!
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
bathing with sea salt mixed in water. Burning sage, sandalwood incense twice everyday and keep mothballs in four corners of your room.
This will take the wind outta the spook.
Wear an iron bracelet or a ring.
Set up a small alter in your room. Place a pyramid a Crystal and a piece of rock salt. You can use it fro praying. You can make up your own prayer.
I think the evil thing showed up so that you may deliver it from its
RatTy tatty existence.
That's why it took the face of your grand father.
I will pray for your safety. Try to avoid meat for the time being as it can attract bad psychic energies
Peace to all
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
you are living on somekind of a graveyard or there might be remains of people who had died unnatural deaths it seems.
That wasn't your grand pop for sure.
Request you seek professional help and pray like there is no tomorrow
Wishing you success.

Respect s
Ibex
jude89 (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
I can understand the dreams of when loved ones dying as had them kind of dreams before, they are known as premonitional dreams and tend to come to the most vulnerable member of the family within 24 hours before or after a death and the apparitions, I have had very similar dreams to which you describe here, one was when my nana had passed away and I was in a relationship which would have turned out very nasty, she came to me as a tiger but her especially her head and eyes were exact features and it seemed to be a warning for me.
GreyFeather (44 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
As to whether or not that was your grandfather, I'll say,"Oh, my Grandpa! What big eyes you have!" Sound familiar? That little girl didn't make out so good. Learn from her mistakes.
To be fair, that little girl didn't have 'Your Ghost Stories' to refer to.

Hope all is well for you now. Keep us updated!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
As much as I would love to say "heck no, this freaky apparition isn't a family member!" I can't.
What sort of person was your grandfather? Was he devoted to family? Honest, loving, supportive? Or was he someone you didn't want to be around?
I think once our spirit, or essence, or whatever term you like, is no longer bound to our bodies that the spirit can take any form it chooses. Maybe a form that best reflects it's true character. If your grandfather was unpleasant in life, his personality would remain the same after his passing, and it's possible his form would be indicative of his character.
But, if he were a good man, loved his family, loved by his family, then heck no, this freaky apparition isn't him.
twelveam (74 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Psychology,
I FULLY AGREE with teneki-I have never known or heard of a deceased family member taking on that appearance, it just wouldn't make much sense for a loved one to want to manifest itself to you just to SCARE you! Unless, of course, he was a mean and/or evil person in life who did not like his family or had something against them. Quite frankly, what I have learned in the teachings of spirituality is that passed on spirits that are from god's domain, will not show themselves or manifest to someone in a frightening manner, unless that being is of another plane.

One theory is that sometimes extreme stress can cause a person to subconcsiously focus some of their energy to cause poltergeist like activity, but in your case since you said your sister also experienced similar things, I believe this is NOT of your own doing.

You said "family members have visited you in the past", but did you view ANY of those visitations as distorted or frightening?

Could you also let us know if anything more has happened since you made the drawing, and how much time has elapsed since you did that?

My minimal suggestion at this point would be to imagine yourself being surrounded by a bright white light for protection, and don't emit fear or stress too much as this is the "FOOD" that feeds situations like this. Please keep us updated so we can all help figure out and possibly remedy all these occurences!
Thanks, and I am praying for you.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Given the nature of the experiences, and the general feeling you're getting from the room, I'd have to guess that it isn't your Grandfather.

I of course have no way of knowing for sure, not being there, and not knowing your Grandfather, but usually, feelings of dread don't accompany family member visits. At the very least not to the extent that you are describing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: