You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandfather Sighting

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather Sighting

 

When I was around the age of 12 my grandfather passed away. It was a very sad and unfortunate time in my life. To give a little bit of background, I have always believed in spirits/paranormal - something has always called to me about death/spirits. To start, I have NEVER experience anything like this before. This was totally new for me (however, 10 years later - I encountered another ghostly tale but it wasn't as joyful).

In the middle of the night about 2 weeks after he had passed I remember waking up around 2:30 am and turning onto the other side of the bed and looked towards the bathroom (when I laid in bed I could see half of the bathroom and the shower). When I did that, there was a ghostly figure of my grandfather. I could see him stand there in the clothes I saw him last in (glasses, a navy blue t shirt, his grey shorts and socks). He had this light white hue around him. I remember laying there and completely staring (I was in shock).

After a few seconds (which felt like mins) I had an urge to try and get up and go towards him, but as soon as I tried to get up, I blinked and he was gone. To this day no one believes me about what I saw. I remember frantically telling my mom about what I saw - but she tried to tell me that I was just dreaming. But I know I wasn't dreaming and I know what I saw. And that was the last time I ever saw him.

I'm assuming it's him letting me know that he is still around and saying his final goodbye. I still remember that night as if it just happened - that is truly something that I will NEVER forget.

Other hauntings by LaurenNH13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LaurenNH13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Oceana (11 stories) (47 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
That is so sweet. I would've loved to have had an experience like that.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-01)
LaurenNH13.

That was such a great event to witness.
Even if you have not seen him since that day, rest assured that he is looking after you.

Thanks for sharing this heartwarming experience with us.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
It's wonderful that you got to see your grandfather, and what a great amount of detail you were able to absorb!

When my ten year old daughter was baptised (we did it later due to her dad being away a lot in the military) it was a fun occasion... We did her 10th birthday party the same day after the church service. As we were leaving the church to go get the Mexican food for the party, she leaned forward in the car and told me that, during the ceremony, when her father and I put our hands on her shoulder (as she was kneeling), she looked up and right behind the minister, she saw her grandmother, who had been gone about 4 years. I believed her immediately! I believe our loved ones can visit us, and even captured a great snapshot of my own grandfather in a streak of light in a photo we took of our family's Easter picnic last year! He's been gone 26 years, but there he was in the photo, clear as a bell! Made me feel good that he could see what a great party I threw! I learned much of it from him... So always honor your people, and do the things you know would make them smile and be proud of you! I believe this is how generations pass on their virtues. Be safe!
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
Hello laurenNH13,

Such a wonderful experience you had. There's a thing unless an event is experienced well by people, they never tend to believe others not only in the sense of paranormal but in every case. I've been dealing with some active paranormal hauntings in my house recently, let alone any stranger my brother refused to believe my words and provided me all sort of random explanations and mental disorders to debunk the entire event. So, it is better to speak to those who are willing to listen and understand your words rather than arguing with someone who don't.

Probably you received the sign that your grandfather is always there looking after you, which you can consider an achievement of this experience.

Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: