You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Think My Grandfather's Mad At Me

Real Ghost Stories

I Think My Grandfather's Mad At Me

 

I'm not the type of person to ask for advice online, but at this point, I don't know where else to turn. I've been experiencing some pretty terrible things lately, and a friend recommended me this site, saying that the people were very helpful when he told of his own haunting. So I guess you can call this a cry for help.

I'm fourteen years old, and me and my family have lived in one home all my life. I've never experienced anything I believed was supernatural until three weeks ago, and I never imagined that if I DID have such an experience, it would be in the supposed safety of my own home. I live with my mother and father, and my grandfather as well- until recently.

My grandfather passed away one week before these encounters began (aka four weeks ago.) He went peacefully in his sleep, according to my mother, and he has since been cremated. I took it pretty hard, because my grandfather and I had always been quite close. He was the classic cool grandparent, occasionally undermining my parents' better judgement and always being there to turn to for advice.

The idea that he passed peacefully brought me some comfort, but it was short lived when my relatives- aunts, uncles, cousins and whatnot- began to take his things over the course of the next week. He hadn't left us with a will, so I suppose my family decided that they'd just each take an item or two. I, however, got my grandfather's prized possession- a music box. I have no idea what the song it plays is called, and neither do my parents. I don't think my grandpa knew either, but then again, I never asked him.

The song was definitely peaceful. I enjoyed listening to the calm melody it played. Unfortunately, by the end of the week, things got... Strange, to say the least.

I began to notice that my room seemed to rearrange during the night. Nothing major, just that sometimes when I woke up, there were books or papers on the floor that I knew weren't there previously. I didn't think much of it, figuring it was probably just my mind playing tricks, and looking back, I envy my old mindset.

By the next week, I was noticing that cupboards, doors and whatnot would violently open and close (I'm the only one home during the day.) I can't even tell you how many times I thought the house was being robbed that week. It didn't happen every now and again, either- it happened constantly. And the scariest part was that the door that opened and closed the most was the door to my grandfather's old room.

It makes me sick to think about even now, but something clicked when I picked up on that detail- was my grandfather the cause of all this unusual activity? My grandfather had never been the type of person to behave this way. He closed doors gently, he never made a mess of anything, and he was in fact very quiet and polite. That's what baffled me. If this was a spirit, it sure wasn't acting like my grandfather. It seemed like too big of a coincidence, but also one that made little sense.

But the worst part is, I'm fairly sure my grandfather is actually unhappy with me in particular. My parents never seem to hear or see any of the things that occur, and my room seems to be paranormal activity central- at least at night. Day by day, the events grew more and more violent. My room was destroyed practically every time I woke up this past week. I figured that maybe my grandfather wanted his music box back. I tried putting it back in his old room, and I got on my hands and knees, begging him to stop, but it was no use. I've been feeling sharp pains in my sides whenever I'm in one spot for too long- sleep is no exception. I've been noticing bruises and scratches all over my body, and it's frightening.

Ever since I put that music box back in his room, I can hear it every now and then, but the music seems a lot less soothing now.

I've tried staying awake all night so I wouldn't have to wake up to a bedroom that looks like a tornado hit it (oddly enough, my room didn't seem to get turned upside down unless I was asleep), but sleep really does catch up to you after a few hours. My sleep schedule is ruined. I have to spend two hours every single morning repairing my bedroom. I've gone to my grandfather's room and pleaded, but things only get worse and worse every day.

I don't know what my options are. I don't know how I feel about banishing my grandfather's spirit from the house, assuming it's him in the first place. I don't know how I'd even go about banishing a spirit anyways. I can't tell my parents, they'd think I'm losing my mind- or they'd get pissed at me, and tell me I should be ashamed of myself for making up such lies about my grandfather. I don't think they believe in ghosts regardless.

This is sort of a last resort. Any advice helps. I don't know where else to turn at this point. Only one of my friends even believes me, and he couldn't provide me with any real help or advice (though he did link me to this website, so I guess I have him to thank for that.)

I can't keep dealing with this. I never feel alone anymore, and I don't mean that in a good way. My grandfather would never put me through something like this, and I'm just... Confused.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dill, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-08)
Hi, Dill.

Aside: Dill is one of the more interesting characters in To Kill a Mockingbird.

BS or not BS? I'm not going to weigh in on that debate.

You feel that this might be your grandfather but it is not behaving like your grandfather would. I'm sure he became angry previously. Is this how he behaved when angry? If not, then I'm inclined to say it is not your grandfather. If it is not, then clearly it is not friendly. I would recommend doing as much of Rook's cleansing ritual as you can, https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-08)
Oof! I call BS on this one. I wrote fairly well at 14, but not like this, and the lack of follow up, plus an "age blunder" are really something. Sorry to be a jerk but it's a bit smelly.

Hiii! I'm baaack! ❤
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-15)
I'd say it is far more likely that he is trying to get your attention and growing frustrated because you just aren't getting "it" than his being truly angry with you or any behaviors you are currently engaging in (unless, you have recently picked up a predilection for any activity that stands a solid chance of really hurting you - then I can see a loving family member being angry over that).

My late grandmother contacted my mother after she had cleaned out their house after their passing. My mother was about to lock the door for the final time before handing the keys to the realtor when she heard her mom calling her name in that unmistakable "you're in Trouble" voice. Long story short, there was a hidden envelope with their life savings inside that would've been lost otherwise.

I feel that it is worth mentioning that there is the chance that the negative energies generated by grief in your home may have attracted some form of baddie. There is a contributor to this site called Rook and a quick search will take you to his page and trusty cleansing ritual. As many believe cleansings don't affect positive entities, it in theory should at least serve as a sort of litmus test.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
5 years ago (2019-08-14)
Interesting story, thanks for sharing. I have a question, I suppose having to do with your age, because you don't write like ANY kid I've ever taught. Your word choice and style seem way older, even sort of old fashioned. I'm not questioning your story and can't even imagine why you would say you are 14 if you aren't. Guess I'm just commenting on your writing style, which is actually a complement. Just from the writing, you seem to be much older and more experienced. "Dreadful." "Parents'" with the apostrophe in the correct place! You should thank all those responsible for your writing abilities!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-14)
Oh, I forgot to say, I hope all this stops before you have to go back to school or you'll be loosing sleep in order to clean up the mess, though, in the other hand, this would give you a good opportunity to show your parents what has been happening.

There's no need to go through this alone, I'm sure they will understand and will help you...or, at least, you would not be expected to keep your room tidy if you're not the one trashing it up.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-14)
Have you considered to record all that activity? Perhaps you could ask a few questions before going to bed, leave your phone or some other recording device running during the night, and see what happens... Disturbances and EVP?

After that, please don't forget to share the results with us.
Dill (1 stories) (1 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-14)
I sincerely thank everyone who gave me advice on this. I failed to realize my experience had been published until tonight, so I hope you'll all forgive my late reply.
For starters, I'll address the age confusion. The site saying I was a young adult was the result of a simple misclick, I accidentally selected the wrong year while setting up my profile. Clumsy, I know.
I'd also like to address the other confusion regarding my experience.
LuciaJacinta, I do wish I could provide you with answers regarding the noisiness of the activity in my bedroom. Unfortunately, I'm never awake when the trashing of my bedroom actually happens, and the movement is silent enough that I stay asleep, so I'm assuming it's not noisy enough to wake my parents up. As for the two hour clean-up, I do agree that is ridiculous, but it is simply the truth. Admittedly, I don't spent two hours STRAIGHT repairing my bedroom every morning. I do take breaks in between- if I didn't, I'd lose my marbles pretty quickly.
My grandpa's ashes are located in a marble vase atop my fridge (horrible spot to put someone's ashes, I know, but this was my parents' idea, I suggested we spread them along the coastline) - the ones me and my parents got, at least. Most of my family members acquired a portion of his ashes, and I'm not certain where the other ashes are.
Bibliothecarius, I will admit that I failed to consider the possibility that my grandfather may be searching for an item he intended to give to me. Thank you for bringing that possibility to my attention.
I would like to thank you all again for your advice. These past few weeks have been dreadful. I think I'm going to pay a visit to my local church later today.
However, before I do, I am going to attempt to make direct contact one more time. At this point, it couldn't hurt to try.
I will keep you guys updated. Thanks again, and once more, apologies for the confusion.
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-06)
Lady-glow, I've missed you. Lots to get caught up on here. ❤

Biblio, I'm anxious for the response! I'm so happy to see everyone still at it.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-08-02)
Greetings, Dill, and welome to YGS.

My initial question was about the age discrepancy lady-glow pointed out; my second question about the tune you mentioned; my third was along the lines of WisconsinLady's "misunderstanding" comment; my fourth thought began in a similar in nature to Anno_Domini's comments (which I hope AD finds to be as pleasant a surprise as I did).

1. Please clear up the age discrepancy, as this is an odd error to make.

2. Beethoven's "Für Elise" popped into my head as I was reading. Was the tune the first minute of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfF0zHeU3Zs?

3. *If* the spirit is your grandfather, is it possible that a different relative has taken an object that he intended for you to inherit? He may be ransacking your room to see if you did get it. He may be getting agitated in his efforts to locate this item, thus causing your grandfather's increased misbehavior.

4. *If* the spirit's behavior is increasingly divergent from the grandfather you knew and loved, there are a couple of possibilities that occur to me: first, he may have had a very different temperament as a younger man, before growing older mellowed his attitude; second, it may not be your grandfather, but an ill-intentioned entity that was attracted to the grief your family is experiencing. I'm inclined to dismiss this idea as less likely than some of the others, as the activity is primarily focused upon both your grandfather's room and your room; if the disruptions were manifest in multiple rooms *equally,* and upsetting everyone to a similar degree, I'd be more inclined to believe this evil spirit as a likely cause. Anno_Domini & I seldom full-on agree, but the bruising and scratching suggest that there is merit in considering his suggestion, *especially* if the negative behaviors increase.

Best,
Biblio.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-08-01)
Hi Dill,

My condolences to you for your loss. This entity that is causing havoc is NOT your grandfather. It is using the passing of your grandfather as an excuse to enter into your life. Already it has caused you to acknowledge its presence and address it (you were "speaking" to your grandfather).

I would advise you to seek help from your local church, try to find one who have prior experiences in dealing with these kinds of situations.

AD.
charmed3 (1 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-01)
maybe get a priest or cleanse in the house... Or burn some sage? Say prayers out loud command it to leave. Dont be afraid of it.
Move from the room or make someone else sleep with u too.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-30)
Dude, you should ask your parents to switch bedrooms and see if gramps makes a mess. Is he haunting all the people who took his stuff too?😁 😜 🤔
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-07-30)
I don't know about BS but I'd say maybe a little exaggerating. The part that seems off to me is where you say it takes 2 hours to put it back together. If there was 2 hours of damage to your room, wouldn't that cause enough noise for your parents to notice a commotion in there when it was occuring?

Regardless, some of this could be true. I think your Grandad just wants remembered. Pray for him. Have a mass said for him if you are Catholic. Take flowers to his favorite place. (By the way, where are the ashes?)

If you are not of a religion per se but believe in an afterlife then just envision your grandfather at peace and eternal happiness and will him with your thoughts to enter that peace.

If you think he is mad at some behavior you are engaging in, then stop whatever it is and vow to lead a life to honor him.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-07-30)
Dill - you will get lots of good advice from the well-intentioned members of the site, still, I would like to know the discrepancy between the age you say to be and the age group the system of the forum has registered you at.

I don't want to think you are trying to pull our leg BUT, it looks like you are.

Please clarify.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-30)
I think it unlikely that your grandfather is mad at you, speaking as a grandfather (of sorts) myself. Wisconsinlady may be on to something or you may have different entity to deal with. I would take Wisconsinlady's advice - should that not provide you with the results you want, look to cleansing rituals...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-29)
BS alert?!?! 🤔 🤔

"By Dill Add Dill to your favorite people
(1 stories) (0 posts) (the author is a young adult) "

"I'm fourteen years old, and me and my family"

I'm seating on Trump's wall... 🙄
WisconsinLady (1 stories) (52 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-07-29)
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa. I just lost mine, as well.
If it is your grandpa, he may not be intentionally trying to scare you or hurt you. He may be trying to get your attention, and his actions are coming through differently than he wants. The more upset you are becoming the more upset he may be getting because he doesn't want to upset you.
Next time something happens, remain calm and understanding. Talk to him like you did before he passed. If he has something to tell you, tell him you will wait and listen until he can figure out how to express himself clearly. It might not be possible right away, so tell him you'll be patient.
If that doesn't help the situation, it may not be him. Let us know how things go. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: