You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unexplained Event In My Grandfather's House

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Event In My Grandfather's House

 

One the day before my twenty-fifth birthday my Maternal Grandmother passed away. She had been incredibly sick for several years, and on December Twentieth of 2017, she finally lost her fight, leaving our whole family devastated.

For several days after my Grandmother's death, I stayed with my Aunt at her apartment-considering my mother and I were visiting Northern Ohio from our home in Kentucky when my Grandmother died-but I returned to my Grandfather's house on Christmas eve, which is where my story begins.

First, I'd like to explain that my Grandmother was a very vocal person, never hiding what she felt. This experience, in my opinion, proves that she is still that way, now.

On Christmas day, my family decided to gather at my Grandfather's house for Christmas. All of us believing we should stick together. We spent the day preparing food, wrapping gifts, and making sure everything was ready. Everything was going well, despite the sadness everyone in the house felt, until I decided to shower before the party.

I had decided to listen to the song "Do I Wanna Know?" by the Arctic Monkey, and turned it on repeat for the duration of my shower. Or, that was my intention, until the song suddenly changed to "Supermarket Flowers" by Ed Sheeran.

For anyone who doesn't know this song, it was written by Ed Sheeran from his mother's prospective after the death of his grandmother. I was confused and sad, until I remembered having a conversation about that song with my mother the night before. I felt like my grandmother was telling me I needed to be there for my mom, and it had me in tears until I turned my music off.

If this was a one-time occurrence, I would have more than likely forgotten about it, but this has happened several times since I came home, leading to me no longer playing music during my showers; it always changes to the exact same song, no matter what playlist I have on. In a strange way it is comforting to know my grandmother still watches over us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kentucky_believer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-16)
This was absolutely, DEFINITELY not a coincidence. Death is so often such a hard thing for us all to deal with, but I'm happy for you, that your grandmother seems to be trying to communicate with you even now. I hope that you and your mother are coping as well as possible. <3
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-15)
Well said, Jubeele. I also believe that if you believe in your heart that your loved ones are reaching out to you then that's exactly what it is.

I'm somewhat new and haven't had a chance to read any of your stories yet but the part about you getting to know your spirit guardian sounds very interesting to me. I will get around to reading your stories in hopes that you have a story about this.

Take care.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-10-13)
I still miss my paternal Grandma even after all this time. For years, I would have dream visits from her and they gave me comfort. If there was no electronic fault with your music player and it has happened several times, than perhaps it's no coincidence.

Some time ago, I kept hearing the chorus to "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls. The line that caught my attention was: "I just want you to know who I am". The song would be playing at places I went to on different days. Around that period, I was also getting to know one of my spirit guardians. (I know, hard to believe - but that's what I feel in my heart).

If your heart is comforted by the thought of your grandmother, then that is what the music was intended to do. I think our loved ones do watch over us. There are many accounts on YGS who attest to that as well. Take care. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: